Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:26:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit: The Uncivil War

Started by kalowski, January 10, 2019, 10:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Did anyone else watch this?

Cartoon-like, and a bit farcical, it was an enjoyable romp but had utterly no gravity whatsoever. Nothing much if substance.
Cumberbatch was good as Dominic Cummings, but they were trying to paint him as some sort of modern renaissance genius, when clearly he is not (he helped fuck up education).
The Tories were portrayed as clueless, out of touch goons (felt real). I thought the guy doing Boris was very good, had his intonation down perfectly. The Gove guy wasn't anywhere ugly enough.

chveik

Mango Chimes

Is this the movie about CaB's aggravatingly sisyphean argument threads? Cumberbatch looks the part.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Mango Chimes on January 11, 2019, 12:02:08 AM
Is this the movie about CaB's aggravatingly sisyphean argument threads? Cumberbatch looks the part.

Not bald enough

Bazooka

I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole, even if it was blocking my barge and it needed removing. Brexit based drama, and Cumberbatch upsets my stomach.

Jerzy Bondov

Feels a bit too soon to me. Like someone's done a massive shit on my bed and I'm still washing the sheets when I'm told a balding Benedict Cumberbatch is starring in a drama about doing a massive shit on my bed.

Cuellar

Finally some attention being paid to this little discussed and criminally overlooked chapter of our country's history!

Clearly for the international market - who in their right fucking mind, in this country, wants MORE brexit shit.

KennyMonster

Mrs Monster insisted on watching it because Benny Bandersnatch was in it.

I was bored throughout.

What was the point of it?
There was a disclaimer at the beginning saying they didn't now what the actual conversations between people were so that was all fiction and yet we all knew exactly what the plot was and how it would end.

Dull and pointless.

Mr_Simnock

I thought it was good, it tried to make some interesting points about why remain might have lost.

Lordofthefiles

Where is the real bloke from?
Cumsandwich's accent was veering all over, Hull/Cumbria/Kent/Stockholm.
I couldn't concentrate on the absolute pile of shite that was taking place instead of a storyline for his weird intonations.

Also, Mickey Gove got well off the hook. Not only was the actor playing him an Adonis in comparison to the real cunt, but he played him as a sort of mute buffoon, when in reality he's a complete fucking cunty little slithering cunt.

Nowhere Man

Keeping an eye on the international market I imagine. Gove doesn't have to same notoriety to the American market as 'Boris 'the spider legend' Johnson.

Blue Jam

I started watching this and was about to post a thread with a title like "Brexit with bald Benedict Cumberbatch LOL" but it turned out to be a bit boring and I stopped watching after about 40 minutes so I didn't bother. Sorry.

popcorn

Quote from: kalowski on January 10, 2019, 10:42:25 PM
The Tories were portrayed as clueless, out of touch goons (felt real). I thought the guy doing Boris was very good, had his intonation down perfectly.

Didn't it bother you that he was 17 years old?

imitationleather

I didn't watch this, obviously. I got the impression from the trailer that it had mainly been made for the enjoyment of the people it is portraying. Since I would like to see everyone involved's heads on spikes outside the Tower of London I didn't feel like I would get a great deal from it.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Mike Giggler via emailA bit problematic for me that Zabadack Banderstock went baldhead for the part. Surely in 2019 we can do better than having hirsuite actors balding up?

I didn't watch it: it's been proved that paying these cunts - the cunts depicted in the play - attention is enabling, and I will have no part in it. I realise this approach is too late - but it helps me cope.

Artemis

We thought it was great, as a light drama that dipped it's toe into the fascinating world of cuntery in which these 'strategists' live. It didn't offer anything other than to remind us what a horribly cynical and manipulative world politics can be. So we finished agreeing that it was both enjoyable and also a bit ugh.

imitationleather

Quote from: Artemis on January 15, 2019, 05:10:34 PM
We thought it was great, as a light drama that dipped it's toe into the fascinating world of cuntery in which these 'strategists' live. It didn't offer anything other than to remind us what a horribly cynical and manipulative world politics can be. So we finished agreeing that it was both enjoyable and also a bit ugh.

It probably helps that you live far, far away.