Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2019

Started by selectivememory, January 11, 2019, 01:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

holy fuckin shit she done it

selectivememory

Thursday

I mean fair fucks and everything you have to say. I couldn't have done that when I was 15.

rjd2

Low quality match, but the coward lost so all right with the world. Hercog had the game done, but got nervous and pushed like mad. Fuck that shit.

Halep really should put an end to this Gauff run though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: rjd2 on July 05, 2019, 08:16:02 PM
Low quality match, but the coward lost so all right with the world. Hercog had the game done, but got nervous and pushed like mad. Fuck that shit.

Halep really should put an end to this Gauff run though.

They'll be hailing her as the New Serena for years to come. Hope that doesn't damage her career.

kittens

was so sure the dream was over. i even used my coco's popped joke. but she still in. fok me. gwon coco

Poobum

Polona Hercog has made 2 and half million off of playing tennis. With a back hand that's barely the action of a functioning human being, let alone a professional sporting person.

Halep - Gauff should be good. Both athletic, good movers, both got the winning mentality. I can see Gauff raising her game and bouncing off Halep's quality.

Poobum

My prediction is that one day Bencic will do a Youzhny and brain herself with her racket. She made losing into an art form there.

BlodwynPig

Wimbledon is the epitome of Centrist Britain

Quote"Come on Andy!"

"Come on Serena!

"Come on Andy!"

"Come on Tim!"

It's a tiresome old gag but even Tim Henman is being backed more than Andreas Mies and Alexa Guarachi...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Women's tennis right now. Absolute state.

Meet the new Queen, shitter than the last one

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Why lovely Petra v Konta

Why

Deanjam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 08, 2019, 01:46:58 PM
Women's tennis right now. Absolute state.

I actually prefer it to the mens. At least it's unpredictable.

rjd2

Quote from: Deanjam on July 08, 2019, 02:28:26 PM

Agreed.

Djokovic v Nadal/Federer nailed on here.

No young players doing anything whatsoever.

bgmnts

Gauff will win the Wimbledon.

Cuellar

I WAS THERE when Murray and Herbert lost. Just saying. Very bad tempered match. Lots of sarcasm being lobbed around by Murray.

I WAS ALSO THERE when Clarke and Gauff lost. Pity. I also watched Kvitova win. And some tennis #lads sitting right behind Azarenka in her doubles match with Barty at the end of the day, pissed up, dressed in all the tennis gear, shouting vague words of encouragement/harassment at Victoria in the breaks. "LOVE YOU VICKY" haha yes lad, get in, she heard that, yes.

I was on telly too, so if you watch the entirety of Saturday's court 2 action you will see me, live in the flesh. That'll be exciting for you won't it? I won't tell you when, so you'll have to guess!!

Deanjam

Flouncer

Looks like Gauff is a bit ill - the doctor has just been down to the court.

bgmnts

Does Gauff have the squits?

Flouncer

Clearly starting to wish she'd never had that vindaloo last night.

rjd2

Team Muchova.

Great match with Pliskova atm.

bgmnts

Quote from: bgmnts on July 08, 2019, 03:09:45 PM
Gauff will win the Wimbledon.

Jinxed fuck out of her. Get in.

Cuellar

Christ I had no idea about Kvitova getting slashed 3 years ago! That's mental. I want her to beat Konta now.

BlodwynPig

Tennis: The Plodding Inevitability of It.

Humbert succumbs

Poobum

Personally I'm going to enjoy the remainder of the glorious era of the three best players who have ever tennised a ball. The fact they win everything by being astonishingly, amazingly good hasn't worn thin for me. And it makes the achievements of lesser players like Cilic, Murray and Wawrinka look rightly all the better. I'll miss Federer floating around, Nadal and his ridiculous curving shots, Djokovic and his head of hair like like an otters pelt. And all of of them giving short shrift to boring lanky serving bastards. The era of Zverev et al ain't exciting me one bit.

Poobum

Berrettini's making me eat words a little. At least compete you daft git, won't make it an hour at this rate.

Emma Raducanu

Been the shittest Wimbledon I've ever watched (I've not seen much of the last 3) haven't seen a decent match yet. Every one I've seen has barely been competitive. Not a very astute observation but in the olden days I used to wish this fortnight would go on forever. Not arsed mate.

Deanjam

There's been some good matches on the outer courts, but the show courts have been largely shite. That's the trouble with picking stars over match-ups. Thank goodness for the red button.

rjd2

Camera man clearly got a hard-on for the Pella missus juding by the non stop close ups of her.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Deanjam on July 08, 2019, 02:28:26 PM

Too much, to the point where there's no-one to back.

The fact Halep is around the top by virtue of little other than grim consistency says it all. Imagine a player like David Ferrer being the leading male player. It's simply evidence that there is no elite level anymore. It's just committed chugger fetches, flash in the pan stars and various hideously inconsistent mediocre charisma vacuums.

Deanjam

Pella continues to be the slayer of servebots.