Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:26:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2019

Started by selectivememory, January 11, 2019, 01:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Not to most exciting women's semis. Hopefully Halep can win on Saturday.

Can't see Bautista-Agut causing Djokovic any problems, so we're left wit hoping Federer/Nadal can produce another Wimbledon classic.

lankyguy95

Interesting game of cat and mouse here, as McEnroe tries his best not to turn round and snap Inverdale's neck.

selectivememory

Didn't think this was going to be a straightforward semifinal for Djokovic. Agut is not a very exciting player, but he is very underrated and probably having his best year yet on the tour, and also he is one of the few players in recent years who Djokovic always seems to struggle with. I think if he was up against one of the other big three though he wouldn't stand a chance, but something about his game matches up well with Novak's.

I'm sure Djokovic will win it though. But this is pretty much what I expected of the first few sets.

Deanjam

God, people raving about rallies where neither player plays an attacking shot until the 45th hit.

selectivememory

Quote from: Deanjam on July 12, 2019, 03:11:10 PM
God, people raving about rallies where neither player plays an attacking shot until the 45th hit.

Heh, they're dreadful to watch aren't they? Just hitting it back and forth, corner to corner until someone blinks.

Deanjam

It bores me. At least Federer/Nadal should have some variety.

Captain Z

It's like watching Jimmy Carr's face vs Jimmy Carr's laugh

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Nadal's hair just looks comedy at this point. Shave the fucker off.

bgmnts

So it's Djok/Nadal/Fed.... again.... for the 25th year on the bounce.

Competition.

bgmnts

Proper shanked that overhead, that was hilarious.

selectivememory

Wasn't an amazing match, but the last couple of games were great. Very impressive performance from Federer.

Poobum

Well Federer was just a big mean bully. Nadal changing his trainers just before Federer's about to serve for the match can take a big fuck off, an absolute massive one.

Deanjam

Should put an end to the idea that Wimbledon grass plays just like clay (but I doubt it). The difference between here and Roland Garros was marked. Yes it's slow (for grass) but the pace at which the ball bounces up is completely different. Fed outlasting Nadal on the longer rallies wouldn't happen on clay.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Deanjam on July 12, 2025, 03:03:20 PM
Should put an end to the idea that Wimbledon grass plays just like clay (but I doubt it). The difference between here and Roland Garros was marked. Yes it's slow (for grass) but the pace at which the ball bounces up is completely different. Fed outlasting Nadal on the longer rallies wouldn't happen on clay.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Poobum on July 12, 2019, 08:17:23 PM
Well Federer was just a big mean bully. Nadal changing his trainers just before Federer's about to serve for the match can take a big fuck off, an absolute massive one.

Nadal uses every stalling tactic and trick in the book when he's behind. Toilet breaks, phantom injuries, and of course his favourite, moonballing returns when he's behind in rallies. He's pretty much nailed the moonball to perfection.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shame biggy isn't here to tell us that Federer only beats chumps and crumbles when put under any pressure by top players.

rjd2

Quote from: Deanjam on July 12, 2019, 08:39:58 PM

Its still to slow. You can see how the clay courters have enjoyed it this year, Pella mug in a quarter final was disgusting.

selectivememory

Great start by Halep, though Serena has been bad so far. Would be really nice to see Halep pick up a second major given that she probably should have won three or four by this point.

selectivememory

I don't think I've enjoyed a beatdown this much since Kvitova destroyed Bouchard here five years ago.

Deanjam

Quote from: selectivememory on July 13, 2019, 03:05:32 PM
I don't think I've enjoyed a beatdown this much since Kvitova destroyed Bouchard here five years ago.

Yeah brilliant. Always liked Simona. Reminds me that she was somewhat robbed in 2013 when she got an ankle injury in that semi versus Bouchard. This makes up for it.

Quote from: rjd2 on July 13, 2019, 02:00:02 PM
Its still to slow. You can see how the clay courters have enjoyed it this year, Pella mug in a quarter final was disgusting.

I agree, it's far too slow for grass.

Poobum

Get in! I've always had a soft spot for Halep, really felt for her when she blew it against Penka, kinda wrote her off. But Halep 2.0 hey? That was just a stunning and clinical dismantling of Williams. Serena yell? Simona not bothered.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: rjd2 on July 13, 2019, 02:00:02 PM

Due to your mate Raonic being absolute gash

Poobum

What really annoyed me about Pella was his beautiful wife looking down at him from the stands with genuine love and affection. Just not on.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Yeah, she have been looking at him with utter revulsion and disgust instead, occasionally shouting out "CUNT" to put him off his serve.

bgmnts

Get back on the court you soft cunt.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 13, 2019, 04:37:11 PM
Get back on the court you soft cunt.

I guess you're talking about Mahut?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 13, 2019, 07:32:37 PM
Aye.

He got hit in the eye from what i saw briefly in the pub

bgmnts

Nah was on his forehead.