Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2019

Started by selectivememory, January 11, 2019, 01:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma Raducanu

Has it rained at all this Wimbledon?

Didn't realise that Halep had had her magnificent tits lopped off.

Deanjam

Great doubles final. Felt for the French lads at the end but would've been rough on whoever lost. Best of 5 tennis is the best.

Quote from: DolphinFace on July 13, 2019, 08:37:12 PM
Has it rained at all this Wimbledon?

I don't think so. I can only remember matches being postponed due to bad light.

biggytitbo

Djokovic wins tomorrow, the authentic best player ever.  Federer like Serena just won too many of their titles against substandard opposition. Fed gets a partial excuse this year by beating Nadal, but everything prior to that was just fodder.

bgmnts

Someone called this post I think.

biggytitbo

Djokovic is the best male tennis player ever imo. Imagine the greatest ever Federer performance - Djokovic is better than that, he is the only player ever to elevate the game beyond what Federer has done, he is far and away the greatest or all time.

Deanjam

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 13, 2019, 07:35:34 PM
He got hit in the eye from what i saw briefly in the pub

Could've been nasty. Stefan Edberg once killed a line judge with a tennis shot.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Deanjam on July 14, 2019, 05:45:14 AM
Could've been nasty. Stefan Edberg once killed a line judge with a tennis shot.

Bloody hell. Dick Wertheim...ball to groin...no joke. Wim Dickhurt, surely!

Reading around, it seems that the Line Judge didn't die from the groin shot, but the fall after the strike.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just wait til all those Nadal defensive shots fall out of orbit in 2098

Pingers

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 13, 2019, 11:48:39 PM
Djokovic is the best male tennis player ever imo. Imagine the greatest ever Federer performance - Djokovic is better than that, he is the only player ever to elevate the game beyond what Federer has done, he is far and away the greatest or all time.
He also has the precise look and demeanour of a man who wears a bum bag, which is why he must lose

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pingers on July 14, 2019, 11:47:14 AM
He also has the precise look and demeanour of a man who wears a bum bag, which is why he must lose

Deffo white socks and sandals man.

Pingers

There are Allen keys in the bum bag

selectivememory

Really off performance from Djokovic. But he's that good that he's still well in the match. Federer needs to start taking advantage, got a bit tight at the end of the first set, should really be two sets up already.

selectivememory

Have to say Djokovic has been good on the bigger points, but this does feel like Federer's squandering a huge opportunity. Djokovic just seems kind of flat, but Federer hasn't managed to get ahead of him in the score despite playing really well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's all over here. Any mug could have predicted it once it went to a tie break. Djokovic would be a pretty second rate champ this year.

selectivememory

Djokovic playing like absolute shit again. No faith in Federer being able to win the fifth set though.

selectivememory

Oh, suddenly Djokovic's return game has turned up. Didn't even have a break point in the match before that game.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nailing my predictions today

selectivememory

Quality of the tennis has been all over the shop today, but this is a cracking final set.

druss

Fed just can't beat Djokovic in a Wimbledon final. If it didn't happen with two champ points on his own serve it's never going to happen.

Deanjam

Goddamn what a match. Feel for Fed. Should've won it but lost on 3 tie-breaks.

Flouncer

selectivememory

Amazing final set. Federer should have won it, but Djokovic was too strong at the end there.

Keebleman

Only turned on for the final set.  A measure of how exciting it was is that it wasn't until the last few minutes that I noticed that really hot blonde line judge.  There was a really good shot of her in the slow-mo of Djokovic falling over.  This is the only tennis I've watched all year, so the Wimbledon authorities perhaps should consider that more of hotties like her and I'll be tuning in a lot more regularly next year.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Prince William well on his way to being the most slap headed royal of all time. He's not even 40 yet.

imitationleather

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 14, 2019, 07:19:14 PM
Prince William well on his way to being the most slap headed royal of all time. He's not even 40 yet.

So the rumours are true. Duncan Goodhew is the true father following the fling him and Lady Di had in the '80s.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

His real Mum is actually Huffty from The Word.

kittens

who was the horrible alien creature who came out with kate middleton at the end. i know it is a royal but i can't remember it's designation.

peanutbutter

Unsure if Federer threw that one away against an out of sorts Djokovic or he's just so totally outmatched physically by the younger guys these days that half of his attempts at points are risky things that have a big chance of blowing up in his face. There were a few key decisions that just barely went his way in that final set but there were also ones that felt like totally thrown away points (although maybe this is just because I expect Federer to make them).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kittens on July 14, 2019, 07:31:02 PM
who was the horrible alien creature who came out with kate middleton at the end. i know it is a royal but i can't remember it's designation.

King Zog the Twat