Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:26:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2019

Started by selectivememory, January 11, 2019, 01:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Thiem defeats Djokovic. Thought he'd fucked it getting broken when serving for the match, but gets it done in the end. Deservedly after yesterday's nonsense.

sevendaughters

doubly so considering Thiem was on the harsh end of some YASS KWEENING when he dared complain about Serena being a dick.

Deanjam

I saw that clip from The View. Absolute shitbaggery.

BlodwynPig

Dating Mladenovic, so allez!

rjd2

The worst slam of the year finally over. The men's side bar Stan v Stefano and Thiem v Djokovic was somehow even more predictable than usual.

The ladies was fun but poor standard. Bertens getting sick, Kvitova not showing up, the likes of Pliskova, Mugu and Svitolina underwhelming as always and to top it all of the elite players of this surface Halep and Sloane losing in such a meek fashion to girls they should be trashing. The only star on the tour Serena did not even make it to the second week.

The french crowd have been hammered and while I understand the annoyance of rarely full stadiums even when the elite players are playing, that's the fault of the VIPS who would rather eat than watch tennis and also the normal punters getting priced out.

Yesterday they had to ask French open employees to fill seats.

Deanjam

Quote from: rjd2 on June 09, 2019, 06:49:06 PM
The worst slam of the year finally over.

Hurrah! Bring on the grass.

Maybe time to cancel the French Open. It's a joke. Doesn't even look like tennis on that orange.

Deanjam

Félix Auger-Aliassime is gonna be top 20 next week despite never having completed a main draw match at a slam. Kinda crazy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

No Lisicki at Wimbledon this year :'(

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Poobum

This Fabbiano - Tsitsipas match has been an absolute stormer. Fabbiano using the criminaly under utilized, hit it a 100 mph at his bollocks shot, paying off.

Lovely Yulia Putintseva has knocked Osaka out as well. Djokovic through easily, but what kind of name is Kohlschreiber? He's descended from cabbage scribes?

Deanjam

Quote from: Poobum on July 01, 2019, 05:39:17 PM
This Fabbiano - Tsitsipas match has been an absolute stormer.

Yeah, good match. Tsitsipas out. Joins Alex Zverev on the deflated hype train.

kittens

hope gauff beats venus that would be so wicked

kittens

fuckin YES LADS GO ON COCO

Deanjam

Gauff wins. Great moment. Hope she can ignore the silly hyperbole that will now begin.

imitationleather

Cor. Glad I watched that.

bgmnts

A 15 year old has just battered Venus Williams at Wimbledon.

She's probably going to dominate the game for 20 years isn't she?

kittens

teared up when coco cried at the end there. what a story! gonna have to watch coco gogo throughout the whole thing now.

Deanjam

Monfils & Dimitrov both out after leading by two sets. C'est la vie.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Deanjam on July 01, 2019, 07:44:48 PM
Monfils & Dimitrov both out after leading by two sets. C'est la vie.

Both to French so thats ok, allez. Cornet fell (to Azzie) and im guessing Garcia too. Not much allez in singles since Bartoli STUNNED THE WORLD

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Deanjam on July 01, 2019, 07:25:25 PM
Gauff wins. Great moment. Hope she can ignore the silly hyperbole that will now begin.

QuoteCori 'Coco' Gauff labelled a 'champion in the making' after win over Williams

Pre-ordained, mate, pre-ordained

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Head Gardener

BlodwynPig

Disgusting comment on the BBC live feed

QuoteParmentier benefited from an injured Maria Sharapova withdrawing during their first round match.

Parmetier was 5-0 up in the third, yes Sharapova may have been playing poorly because of injury but Parmentier didn't benefit from the withdrawal. BBC - Pandering to the glamour once more. "it's what people want - the stars, the big names".

Poobum

Aww, Stan gone to big boring serving man. D'aww, poor Margarita Gasparyan, I wanted to hug her, because I'm shallow and overly sympethatic to pretty wimmin. Part of the problem I am.

How in the hell is Heather Watson the number 2 British woman. Someone smarter unpick the institutional problems of British tennis for me. Is it because of society? I'm betting it's because of that.

rjd2

Watson is fucking hopeless, but to be fair the UK not had an elite lady player for decades bar Konta. Robson ruined by injuries. You'd hope Boulter becomes a top 50 player soon though.

rjd2

Raonic v Opelka next. Will be an interesting clash of styles that.

Milos should win it easily enough though.