Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2019

Started by selectivememory, January 11, 2019, 01:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Boulter, Dart & Swan all have some potential. Robson was indeed ruined by injuries, although she went through a lot of coaches who seemed to think she wasn't willing to train hard enough, so maybe it wouldn't have mattered. The problem with British tennis is the same as many countries in that there's unlimited potential in inner-cities and working class areas that will never be tapped because of the lack of free facilities available to the masses.

Deanjam

I suppose we should mention that Andy Murray is teaming with Serena Williams in mixed doubles. As someone who always enjoys watching mixed I'm a bit miffed at folk saying that there's finally a reason to watch it.

rjd2

Quote from: Deanjam on July 03, 2019, 04:20:24 PM
Boulter, Dart & Swan all have some potential.

To be anything more than top 50 players? Doubtful.

It may seem harsh to somewhat write them off but their is a generation of teens coming who look like world beaters such as Anismova, Andreescu, Gauff and Vondrousova.....

those UK girls are simply nowhere near that level sadly.

Deanjam

Quote from: rjd2 on July 03, 2019, 04:24:18 PM
To be anything more than top 50 players?

Top 50 is a good achievement. I'd be more than happy if they all made it to there.

rjd2

Quote from: Deanjam on July 03, 2019, 04:35:04 PM
Top 50 is a good achievement. I'd be more than happy if they all made it to there.

Fair point.

Deanjam

This is a mighty choke from Edmund.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Haha the fucker lost from there???!

Weak

Poobum

I'd be enjoying this Gauff - Rybarikova match so much more if the commentators could like, spew a little less hot piping shit.

It's impossible to say you hate Serena without you coming across as racist and sexist and misogynistic. Is there any way to hate a black American woman and it be OK? How can I justify my hatred, basically

rjd2

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 03, 2019, 08:43:37 PM
It's impossible to say you hate Serena without you coming across as racist and sexist and misogynistic. Is there any way to hate a black American woman and it be OK? How can I justify my hatred, basically

Condoleezza Rice.

Gauff looks great here, but I think we probably overrate Ryb on grass, yeah she got to a semi once but plenty of early exits. Her supposed bag of tricks today not impressive.

imitationleather

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 03, 2019, 08:43:37 PM

Was Winnie Mandela American?

Deanjam

Care Bear knocked out.

hummingofevil

I haevn't watched tennis in years but this Kyrgios is quite the entertainment. I approve.

bgmnts

Kyrgios is trying too hard to be entertaining and just looks like a child having a tantrum.

kittens

love this fucking cunt kyrgios. hope he beats nadal and laughs at him

druss

Fuck it would have been amazing if he'd beaten Nadal. Won't get any more exciting from here on.

kittens

now kygios is gone i'm only in it for coco. might see if i can leave work early to watch her. if she gets knocked out i cry and cry

BlodwynPig

Quote from: kittens on July 05, 2019, 08:37:54 AM
now kygios is gone i'm only in it for coco. might see if i can leave work early to watch her. if she gets knocked out i cry and cry

Part of the problem

bgmnts

Is this like how i'm not arsed about the quality of football in major tournaments and always want the most dire team to win?

kittens

starting to look like coco's popped

kittens

does everybody like my little joke

rjd2

Hercog beginning to choke this which is not a surprise as what the fuck was she doing in a third round grand slam in the first place?

Flouncer

I thought Gauff had fucked it a few games ago; she looked like she was going to cry for a minute.

rjd2

This is very low standard if entertaining tennis. Hercog has absolutely bottled this...pushing and slicing like mad.

kittens

fucking hell go on coco

Poobum

Coco's no clown. I've lost my Polona faith. Tenuous word play. Tennisuous.

Poobum

Polona Hercogovina nightmare. (having a nightmare) If she was Bosnia that would still not work. Yeah, post.

BlodwynPig

kittens

edit: deleting what some may call an inappropriate joke

Thursday