Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:18:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Another one of those "I'm going to such and such a country" threads...

Started by Neville Chamberlain, January 11, 2019, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Hey shoulders, thanks for posting all that, that's really a massive help. We're here for another day and a half so i'm not sure quite how much we'll get though, but I'll definitely be consulting that again when the inevitable "what the fuck do we do now" hits.

We've already checked out the castle bit with all the cathedrals and that, Charles bridge old town Jewish quarter and that, and taken a visit the old synagogue. I also visited the municipal library cause I forgot to print off the second part of my boarding pass like a class A fanny.
Tried some local dishes (schnitzel and the duck w/cabbage and dumplings you mentioned), haven't had that much beer aside from the Urquell and Kozel, will try and look for places that do other stuff for cheap too as Ms Angrew is not a beer fan. Will also try and prioritise trams/metro travel cause she struggles a tad with longer distances. Got a good bit of time ahead of us.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

For non beer stuff try the Absintherie in the old town. Stylish and a bit odd, just what you'd want from such a place.

Likewise T-Anker rooftop bar for great views and a range of drinks that aren't beer.

Just thought, Vysehrad is a nice, peaceful diversion away from the centre but on the metro line with great views over the river and a nouveau inspired church on the old fortress hill.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Funnily enough Vysehrad was exactly where we just planned to go tomorrow! Looks like average minds think alike.