Author Topic: The " Scarlet Fantastic were a load of old bollocks, weren't they ? " thread  (Read 364 times)

The likes of Brundle- Fly will definitely remember these types . Used to be in an angsty three- piece called Swann's Way, back in the Mid 80s. Reinvented themselves , as a duo, being all glam- like, circa 1988 , their signature tune being " No Memory ". The Female singer looked a fair old bit like Frances De La  Tour. Feel quite guilty about calling them a right load of old bollocks now, they had a good old bash at things, so they did. Started out as Duran Duran fans, too.

Norton Canes

• The leper heart will see you for what you are
Ironically my old bollocks are both scarlet and fantastic

Norton Canes

Oh great, I've picked up a Norwegian testicle fetishist.

Oh great, I've picked up a Norwegian testicle fetishist.

:-D

Brundle-Fly

• I'm so Avant-garden variety
They certainly went for the MTV dollar as most UK post-punk bands did from roughly 1985 onwards. The sort of music you'd hear at prom nights in John Hughes type movies. I like the fact the lead singer looked like Miss Jones, we need more of that in pop. In my imagination, there was a similar band in 1988 called something like, Satsuma Satré with a lead singer who resembled a young Pat Coombs.

Neomod

• Oh my genitals | I'm a janitor
I've still got that Soul Train single which got short shrift on Chart Music. An impulse purchase after seeing them on the Tube.

Scarlet Fantastic were actually more successful than Swans Way weren't they?

Norton Canes

Oh great, I've picked up a Norwegian testicle fetishist

That's gonna look really weird now.

They certainly went for the MTV dollar as most UK post-punk bands did from roughly 1985 onwards. The sort of music you'd hear at prom nights in John Hughes type movies. I like the fact the lead singer looked like Miss Jones, we need more of that in pop. In my imagination, there was a similar band in 1988 called something like, Satsuma Satré with a lead singer who resembled a young Pat Coombs.

I have laughed a lot at this post.

Jockice

• I really have red hair. And a **********.
Not only did the female look like Miss Jones, the bloke looked like Jonesy, a miniature thug from a couple of years below me at school. Which amused me greatly.