Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:33:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The " Scarlet Fantastic were a load of old bollocks, weren't they ? " thread

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, January 11, 2019, 08:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The likes of Brundle- Fly will definitely remember these types . Used to be in an angsty three- piece called Swann's Way, back in the Mid 80s. Reinvented themselves , as a duo, being all glam- like, circa 1988 , their signature tune being " No Memory ". The Female singer looked a fair old bit like Frances De La  Tour. Feel quite guilty about calling them a right load of old bollocks now, they had a good old bash at things, so they did. Started out as Duran Duran fans, too.

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

Brundle-Fly

They certainly went for the MTV dollar as most UK post-punk bands did from roughly 1985 onwards. The sort of music you'd hear at prom nights in John Hughes type movies. I like the fact the lead singer looked like Miss Jones, we need more of that in pop. In my imagination, there was a similar band in 1988 called something like, Satsuma Satré with a lead singer who resembled a young Pat Coombs.

Neomod

I've still got that Soul Train single which got short shrift on Chart Music. An impulse purchase after seeing them on the Tube.

Scarlet Fantastic were actually more successful than Swans Way weren't they?

Norton Canes

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 17, 2019, 12:28:54 PM
They certainly went for the MTV dollar as most UK post-punk bands did from roughly 1985 onwards. The sort of music you'd hear at prom nights in John Hughes type movies. I like the fact the lead singer looked like Miss Jones, we need more of that in pop. In my imagination, there was a similar band in 1988 called something like, Satsuma Satré with a lead singer who resembled a young Pat Coombs.

I have laughed a lot at this post.

Jockice

Not only did the female look like Miss Jones, the bloke looked like Jonesy, a miniature thug from a couple of years below me at school. Which amused me greatly.