Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mini selection boxes 50p in Poundland

Started by canadagoose, January 11, 2019, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this a good thing?

Yes
4 (57.1%)
Yes
4 (57.1%)
Yes
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 10, 2019, 10:34:09 PM

canadagoose

This is very important and serious but doesn't belong in General Bullshit, obviously.

Glebe

I voted 'Yes'.

Then I saw them in Poundstretchers for 25p. Swings and roundabouts.

canadagoose

Quote from: Glebe on January 11, 2019, 10:59:45 PM
I voted 'Yes'.

Then I saw them in Poundstretchers for 25p. Swings and roundabouts.
Outrageous. Some definite price wars going on here.

Glebe

canadagoose

Nicky

Did you know?

Cadbury Creme Eggs were launched in 1971 and after only 4 years they became a cult through the power of TV advertising.

About 1.5 million Cadbury Creme Egg eggs can be made every day at the Bournville factory.

They're made in two halves, both filled with white fondant and one additionally filled with yellow fondant; the two halves are closed together quickly and there it is – a Cadbury Creme Egg!

Glebe

Any news on this? I saw them in Lidl for 15p, but they turned out to be Galaxy caramel eggs that were on the turn.*

*Hence the discounted price!

BlodwynPig

Found a Creme egg behind the fridge when I was younger - gave it to my sister who nearly lost a tooth when she bit into it.

Captain Z

Did you know, since they were fist introduced Cadbury's has produced more than 200,000 creme eggs!

canadagoose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 12, 2019, 09:32:49 PM
Found a Creme egg behind the fridge when I was younger - gave it to my sister who nearly lost a tooth when she bit into it.
I'm curious as to whether it was hard because of being frozen, or hard due to being so old that it transformed into some kind of crystallised creamy muck. Still equally bad for your sister, mind.

Did you eat the eggs, Glebe?

edit: Also thanks for the facts, very informative

willpurry

Quote from: Glebe on January 12, 2019, 09:30:34 PM
Any news on this? I saw them in Lidl for 15p, but they turned out to be Galaxy caramel eggs that were on the turn.*

*Hence the discounted price!

Galaxy?  How would we know the difference?  LOL.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Captain Z on January 12, 2019, 11:00:24 PM
Did you know, since they were fist introduced Cadbury's has produced more than 200,000 creme eggs!

I never knew they moved to being fist introduced, though I of course knew about the campaign "How do you eat yours"

Rizla

I have invented the Hard Boiled Creme Egg - the middle would be like the middle of a turkish delight but yellow and white snd not tasting of turkish delight. It would be horrible (as is the normal creme egg) but I think it would sell for a bit.

Gregory Torso

Creme Egg with Nutella inside, EAT DEATH BECOME DEATH

Pingers

Quote from: Captain Z on January 12, 2019, 11:00:24 PM

I HAVE SEEN THE CHICKEN

Glebe

Quote from: canadagoose on January 12, 2019, 11:02:45 PMDid you eat the eggs, Glebe?

No, I threw them at a passing aardvark.*

*Just to amuse Noel Fielding.

Quote from: willpurry on January 14, 2019, 04:18:50 PMGalaxy?  How would we know the difference?  LOL.

Come on! Cream fondue centre compared with caramel centre? How can you not taste the difference?!