Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,400
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Successful gullings

Started by pancreas, January 12, 2019, 01:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Got a friend to believe Charles Darwin had a hamster called David Attenborough.

Gecko managed to convince my mother that I was a year older than I actually am.

Sin Agog

Once made a ball-ache of a car trip fly past by spending it convincing my mother (who taught an IT course) that there are hundreds of internets, but for some reason Sweden has three times more than anywhere else.

BlodwynPig

Mum: "That French man with the poodle in the tent next to us is a nice chap, I wonder what his name is?"

Me: "Monsieur Faggot" (pronounced Fagoh)

Next morning, Mum to man: "Bonjour, Monsieur Fagohhhh"

*Poodle does a double take as Monsieur Faggot rises from his deckchair in apoplexy*

Paul Calf

Dex Sawash

Not falling for that ashbury profile link trick

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Convinced my partner my mum and dad, who have no pets, had bought two frogs and named them after themselves.

shiftwork2

I got a friend to believe that the remains of a human pelvis with three leg sockets had been discovered on the Isle Of Man.  He went on to volunteer this fact in a geography lesson.  Felt a bit bad about that.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I once managed to convince a co-worker with a 5W lightbulb for a brain, that USB sticks got heavier when they were full of data.

mothman

A friend of a friend convinced her classmates that the German for a zebra was "pinnenstripenklippenkloppen."

Golden E. Pump

When we were kids I convinced my younger sister (18 months younger) that I had magical powers and could trap her in a 'forcefield' by waving my arms and making a noise. I never told her what a forcefield was or what it did but every time without fail she would cry and run to my Mum. My Mum, however, realised that this was a stroke of genius, so she told my sister it was true and made me invent the reverse spell to take her out of it! This continued for about five years from my sister being about 6 to being about 11 when she realised it wasn't a real thing.

I still to this day will threaten her with it or occasionally do the spell if we're out in public. She's now a 30 year-old police officer.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on January 12, 2019, 11:26:38 AM
When we were kids I convinced my younger sister (18 months younger) that I had magical powers and could trap her in a 'forcefield' by waving my arms and making a noise. I never told her what a forcefield was or what it did but every time without fail she would cry and run to my Mum. My Mum, however, realised that this was a stroke of genius, so she told my sister it was true and made me invent the reverse spell to take her out of it! This continued for about five years from my sister being about 6 to being about 11 when she realised it wasn't a real thing.

I still to this day will threaten her with it or occasionally do the spell if we're out in public. She's now a 30 year-old police officer.

Pingers

I hope this counts: worked with a proper idiot called Darren (promising start in life right there) in a public facing council office. Although married, he would flirt shamelessly with attractive women who he was serving and one of his favourite lines was "that's a nice perfume you're wearing". One time I was on the next desk and heard him trot this out so quickly emailed him to say "It's Insincerity by Givenchy". Like the idiot he was born to be, he then said to the woman "Is it Insincerity by Givenchy?". She and I both burst out laughing. I had to go to the toilet.

Sin Agog

Haha, reminds me of when I convinced my little brother that whenever I pointed the remote control in his direction and pressed the lower volume button it would drain his energy.  Only, after doing this on and off for days, he eventually grabbed the control from my hand and did it to me, and I had to run from the house to stop him sapping my precious energy.  Foiled by my own imagination!

I'm Sammy Seagull.  I conned my dim brother that we had cousins in Switzerland.  He is just so humanible.

Endicott

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 12, 2019, 11:58:30 AM
Haha, reminds me of when I convinced my little brother that whenever I pointed the remote control in his direction and pressed the lower volume button it would drain his energy.  Only, after doing this on and off for days, he eventually grabbed the control from my hand and did it to me, and I had to run from the house to stop him sapping my precious energy.  Foiled by my own imagination!

When I used to work part time in a hotel kitchen, I told one of the pot wash boys that the reciprocating tray conveyor in the ware-washer was operated by swinging weights located in the large metal extractor hood hanging down over the machine. I said that the weights needed to be periodically reset so they wouldn't lose momentum. So the pot wash boy climbed onto the infeed table and just as he was about to prise off the steel panel to the extractor housing, the head chef happened to walk in and shout 'what the bloody hell do you think you are doing!!??' So Pot Wash Boy says 'I was just about to reset the weights so the washer wouldn't stop'. So Head Chef looks at me, I shrug and he says 'I suppose you put him up to this, Fred' I deny it. So Head Chef says to Pot Wash Boy, 'if you are going to set the weights, go to maintenance and ask to borrow a step ladder and don't let me catch you climbing on the worktops again'. Pot Wash Boy hurried off and it took him 20 minutes to realise he'd been had.

Sebastian Cobb

I think my dad successfully convinced me there's a special machine in toilets that can chop up shit should anyone shit in a urinal.

I'm still not allowed back in The Butchers Arms.

mothman

My wife continues to deny to this day thst she did briefly believe me when I told her that planes have to flip upside down when they cross the equator.

BlodwynPig

I hope she bangs you up good and proper "Here's a proper forcefield, bro"

Replies From View

When I was around 13 years old I told my 8 year old brother that I had made the Chewits advert with the animated Godzlla in it, and he believed me.

Also I trained him to believe that the word "bull" is supposed to rhyme with "gull".

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on January 12, 2019, 01:44:40 PM
When I was around 13 years old I told my 8 year old brother that I had made the Chewits advert with the animated Godzlla in it, and he believed me.

Also I trained him to believe that the word "bull" is supposed to rhyme with "gull".

gull-a-bull

Paul Calf

Quote from: Replies From View on January 12, 2019, 01:44:40 PM

It does.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 12, 2019, 01:49:19 PM

It does.

I forgot to account for the Northern contingent.

There's what you would call "a wrong way" to pronounce "gull" - a South of England way.  Take that sound and apply it to the word "bull" and you will work out what I was training my little brother to say.

Pingers

A friend convinced someone that Walthamstow market is visible from space

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on January 12, 2019, 12:52:26 PM
I'm Sammy Seagull.  I conned my dim brother that we had cousins in Switzerland.  He is just so humanible.

This is very good, and very funny.

timebug

Once told two gullibles that I used to work with,that;
If you suspend a tortoise, with a cord tied around the middle of its shell,
only half an inch from the ground (no cruelty involved!) it will rotate until
it is facing true north.
And they believed me, because 'I know knowledge, and read books and that!'

touchingcloth

I asked someone at work if our software was compatible with Wasp T12 Speechtools, and he told me he went off doing a bit of research into it as he'd assumed it was a screen reader. I felt bad about that one.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Brexit referendum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Odin :-D