Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Successful gullings

Started by pancreas, January 12, 2019, 01:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A good few years back, when the pay reviews were happening at work and I was team leading, a production line bod was complaining about his raise in line with inflation and I joked back "I know, how the fuck am I supposed to survive on 75 grand a year? I can barely afford to keep the Range Rover going." I didn't even mean to trick him. It should have been perfectly obvious that I was taking the piss. He knew I drove a clapped out Toyota Yaris. But I could see from his face that it had sailed over his head.

So he decided to go back to the shop floor and announce to everyone that I was earning £75k and how disgusting it was to try to whip up some sort of uprising. Everyone laughed to which he responded "It's not funny! We're all earning fuck all whilst that cunt's driving a fucking Range Rover!" which met an absolute gale of laughter and derision at which point he twigged he'd been had.

That, however, didn't stop one of the other team leaders taking me to one side the next day and just double checking that I definitely wasn't getting paid £63k more than her.