Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:22:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Assassins Creed Odyssey

Started by bgmnts, January 12, 2019, 01:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

So Assassins Creed Origins is the first game of the year I just couldn't finish. It's a miserable experience.

I have been told Odyssey is better but if its anything like this shitefest I can't be arsed.

However, if the origins of the Assassins begins with the ending of this game, what is the point of this title? I will give it a chance but if this isn't a story about the Assassins what is point?

Thursday

Because it's got sexy Greek adventures?

Thursday

Not played it, but it brought in Bioware style romancing, I think?

biggytitbo

You have to level up your sexual organs in it don't you?

Lemming

I acquired a copy of this online in an extremely legal way that was in no way comparable to the swashbuckling adventures of the grog-swilling sea-based outlaws of centuries past.

Got about two hours in before I put it on the backburner. Didn't seem too bad, but it's very standard Ass Creed stuff, except you've got crazy-ass powers now. Sending people flying and shit. Killed the first boss by just going up a big building, waiting for him to climb up to me, then sparta kicking him off for big fall damage. Repeat a few times, like that King of the Hill episode where Hank just keeps kicking the archaeologist guy back down into the pit, and the boss is defeated with no actual combat taking place.

The other problem is it's just an instant overload right after the game starts. You leave your house, beat up two people, and then get thrust into the open world where quest markers just start flying up everyfuckingwhere, and as you're running towards whichever one you think might be good, 10 more pop-up, and at least 8 of them are clearly pointless "go-there-kill-everyone" sidequests.

There's potential for it to get good, but I put it on hold and haven't got too much desire to get back to it yet. It's there for when there's not much else to play.

biggytitbo

I really enjoyed playing origins until it gradually ground me down by requiring me to do boring shit before I could carry on with the main story. Amazing to think a good game deliberately sabotaging itself, presumably for microtransactions.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Bought this cheapo as part of the Orgin Access malarkey. (So bought on Origin, then have to download fucking uPLay to play it!?)

I've not really ever played any other AssCreed games. Around 4 hours in and it's just a bit...bland? Looks nice and that, but combat is zzzzzzz and level scaling is turd.

Is it worth wasting anymore of my precious life on (just gonn a do the main quest), or should I sack it off?

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on January 13, 2019, 11:01:54 AM
Bought this cheapo as part of the Orgin Access malarkey. (So bought on Origin, then have to download fucking uPLay to play it!?)

I've not really ever played any other AssCreed games. Around 4 hours in and it's just a bit...bland? Looks nice and that, but combat is zzzzzzz and level scaling is turd.

Is it worth wasting anymore of my precious life on (just gonn a do the main quest), or should I sack it off?
Probably not because its one of the longest games I've ever played, and you cant just do the main quest have to do side quests to reach recommended levels or you'll just die in every fight

bgmnts

Already into this more than Origins, although fuck me I just wished they sacked off fighting, bin it it's shit. It's a stealth game. Make it a stealth game.

It would be great if they took concepts from this game and maybe blended them with  some Bioware elements. It would be so great if you could have your own Odysseus style adventures with a ragtag crew of assembles divs, whom you get to know and love. A bit like Rise of the Argonauts but modern.

bgmnts

Binned this. Why are open world games so shite?

Timothy

How far into the game/story were you?

bgmnts

Quote from: Timothy on January 21, 2019, 09:28:04 PM
How far into the game/story were you?

Murdered most of the cult and murdered one of the Spartan kings.

Just got burnt out. Around 40 hours of gameplay. So many flaws.

Timothy

Damn. I played for like 120 hours and didn't finish the cult upon the end due to their high level!

Can understand that. It gets quite samey.

bgmnts

Quote from: Timothy on January 21, 2019, 09:58:41 PM
Damn. I played for like 120 hours and didn't finish the cult upon the end due to their high level!

Can understand that. It gets quite samey.

I probs put many more hours in. 40 just seems all I can think of thats realistic.

I think of games like food, after a point it becomes a slog and not fun anymore.

I did enjoy rooting out the cult members though. I think i'm just getting bored of games now.