Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2019

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2019, 03:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

I said Dott looked like a man in need of a holiday during the first session of his match, this might explain why: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/48034886

Flouncer

I saw that earlier. Poor bloke - he has revealed his problems with depression before; it seems like he's having a hard time of it again. I really like Graeme and I always enjoy seeing him do well. I hope he can take some positives away from his defeat because very, very few people would have had the mental fortitude to mount such a comeback under the best of circumstances, let alone when they're under the weather like that. Sleep problems are fucking awful to deal with and are often part of wider mental health stuff going on. I hope the doctors can provide him with some answers.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

His cueball control is proper shite though. Watching him almost constantly run out of position. One of the stodgiest players, energy sapping to watch.

poo

Sharter and Lebowski both done a cancer so fair play to the cunts for just being there.

Puce Moment

So, today for your pleasure we have some first and second round matches:

13:00

Jack Lisowski (Eng) 4-5 Ali Carter (Eng)

Shaun Murphy (Eng) v Neil Robertson (Aus) - second round

19:00

Kyren Wilson (Eng) 6-2 Scott Donaldson (Sco)

Mark Selby (Eng) v Gary Wilson (Eng) - second round

I think the Ali 'King of the Brown' Carter is playing too well to lose to an inconsistent Lisowski, although it would be great if he could come back. I also think Robertson is playing extremely well - so it's going to be a very tight match against fat face. I reckon it will go to a final frame decider.  Rylo Ken will be having an early bath I reckon, and then we have the Molesta from Lesta against Wilson. That battle in the last round will have either energised Wilson, or knackered him out, but I fancy him to take it to Selby. Would love to see the Slaughterhouse Eyed Selby get kicked out in the second round!

Blue Jam

"The Captain" sounds like a "nickname" GOB II chose for himself. Didn't AIDS do the same with "The Magician"?

Carter likes Nigel Farage and planes, bad combination.

Flouncer

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 25, 2019, 12:04:48 PMI also think Robertson is playing extremely well - so it's going to be a very tight match against fat face. I reckon it will go to a final frame decider.

Murphy may have played well in the first round but Robertson is on fire this season; I'd say he's probably the favourite. I don't know what the bookies make of it but he's performed much better than anyone else in his half of the draw this season. I would like it to be a close match; much as I dislike the AIDSmeister he's good to watch on top form and it could be an awesome match if he pushes Robertson, but I suspect he'll get overwhelmed if Robertson, a great front runner, manages to pull ahead (he's just kicked off with a century as I type this). He's been astounding this season and I reckon he might well win it.

dr beat

Problem is, any delight at seeing Murphy go out will be immediately negated by the prospect of him doing commentary or punditry.

Flouncer

Robbo started a frame with a free ball there, so there was briefly a possible 155 break on.

MidnightShambler

I absolutely wouldn't put it past Shaun Murphy to be wearing knickers and tights under his trousers.

Norton Canes

Second round already huh. First round flew by, probably only four seeds out though.

Norton Canes

Jesus. Murphy stops a 147 attempt with two reds left to ask the referee to raise the screen so the other half of the crowd can watch.

And misses the final red.

dr beat

poo

Puce Moment

For some of us seasoned Murphy-haters, today has been a real emotional roller-coaster. What a life-affirming moment to see the pompous plonker trying to get the screen raised, and then fucking the final red.

poo

God can't wait to see this.

jobotic

Same here. Wish i'd been lying on the sofa today flicking between this and Cantona's instagram post. Heaven!

Blue Jam

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW MURPHY?

imitationleather

AIDS messing up that 147 was great. Hahahaha.

Unlucky fat head cunt hahaha haha

Blue Jam

Has AIDS Murphy been gassed out yet?

Flouncer

He's 5-3 down against Selby. You can't escape the cunt - he's commentating on Kylo's match. Just fuck off AIDS!

Blue Jam

"I'm gonna make Shaun Murphy a nice cup of AIDS"

imitationleather

The Dour Twat of Leicester is losing 3:1 at the moment. Allllllright.

Blue Jam

GWAAAARN LEGEND GARY

Cuellar

Why can't I watch this on the BBC website that is utter shit?

Puce Moment

I have a theory that aliens have been watching our transmissions for decades. After having just about enough of Selby's rape-eyed face, they sent one of their own kind down to beat him in the second round. Slap on some facial hair, but don't bother with the head cos this lot are as bald as bollocks. Like Under the Skin crossed with Galaxy Quest but with snooker.

Cuellar

Oh my VPN said it wasn't connect to the Netherlands but it actually was.

imitationleather

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 25, 2019, 08:47:53 PM
I have a theory that aliens have been watching our transmissions for decades. After having just about enough of Selby's rape-eyed face, they sent one of their own kind down to beat him in the second round. Slap on some facial hair, but don't bother with the head cos this lot are as bald as bollocks. Like Under the Skin crossed with Galaxy Quest but with snooker.

With him being from Wallsend, I think it's more plausible that he hails from the distant past rather than futuristic space.

Blue Jam

I've got money on Kylo Ren and I'd still rather watch Selbot lose.