Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:38:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2019

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2019, 03:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

He did really well to hold it together there. Good lad.

imitationleather

Not sure about that guy in the audience wearing a Google t-shirt. It was even a pun or anything. Just a standard Google logo on a t-shirt.

Fucking weirdo. Firebomb his house.

(He probably posts here so I'm hoping he'll see this.)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bald Luc, have you been beating Ding again?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dr beat on January 17, 2019, 09:15:40 PM
This is fantastic, this is the equivalent of Brazil v France in football circa 1986.

ftfy

Blue Jam

Selby's going daaaaaahhhhhhnnn...

Blue Jam

Quote from: imitationleather on January 17, 2019, 09:55:35 PM
I'm sorry. A bald maverick?

Alex Higgins was a bald maverick... This is snooker, not the US Presidency or Doctor Who- not only are you allowed to be bald, it's actively encouraged.

dr beat

Talking of which, at least one Trump is having a good day.  Albeit with similarly questionable trichological issues.

#MakeSnookerGreatAgain

Blue Jam

Judd built a wall and made Selby pay for it, or something... and they've both got mad hair... ahahahahah he loves all these jokes does The Judd:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/905037/Masters-snooker-Judd-Trump-bizarre-rant-Donald-Trump-news-Liang-Wenbo

imitationleather

QuoteIn a stunning confession, Trump revealed even something as simple as checking into a hotel has proved problematic.

"It's almost every time," he said.

"They'll look at my details and say something like, 'Oh, that's unfortunate — do you wish you had more hair?'

:(

dr beat

Interesting. Does he 'hair up' for televised matches? Or use that hair surgery that former cricketers advertise?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

monolith

Ding is too cute, I can't cope.

Blue Jam

Fuck off Virgo, Ding is too cute to have a "nemesis".

Blue Jam

O'Sullivan distracted by insect on baize and Rolling Stone in audience.

Blue Jam

Ding has been afflicted by his ominous right eye twitch, he's like a cute Le Chiffre.

Blue Jam

This is more like it. Ding getting into his swing.

Flouncer

This is bollocks - I'm missing Ding's comeback because of a power cut. My neighbour has rang up and it might not be sorted out until half six. If anybody gets a 147 I'm going to be right pissed off.

monolith

Quote from: Flouncer on January 19, 2019, 03:48:36 PM
This is bollocks - I'm missing Ding's comeback because of a power cut. My neighbour has rang up and it might not be sorted out until half six. If anybody gets a 147 I'm going to be right pissed off.
Nearly the craziest 147 ever.

Blue Jam

The Rocket is running out of fuel...

Blue Jam

Awwwww, Ding is so cute even Ronnie couldn't resist giving him a kiss... see that Virgo? This isn't a bitter rivalry, it's a bromance.

(yes, I am trying to coax Biggy back in here)

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: monolith on January 16, 2019, 07:09:40 PM
Snooker, snooker, snooker is the game. Let's watch him play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOPPVb_3gdE

THAT'S MY THING YOU LITTLE BOLLOCKS

jonno

Christ Hendry looks rough

bgmnts

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 19, 2019, 03:43:18 PM
This is more like it. Ding getting into his swing.

It Don't Mean  a Ding if you ain't got that swing.

monolith

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on January 19, 2019, 04:56:23 PM
THAT'S MY THING YOU LITTLE BOLLOCKS
I gave you the first half of the tournament and his entire first match. He was heading out the night I posted it.

You need to have a long, hard look at yourself.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 19, 2019, 04:45:35 PM
Awwwww, Ding is so cute even Ronnie couldn't resist giving him a kiss... see that Virgo? This isn't a bitter rivalry, it's a bromance.

(yes, I am trying to coax Biggy back in here)

Oh, I see he's put the pounds on again. Good on you Ding.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote"I have done well to win two or three, let us not get greedy. I don't buy into numbers or achievements, I just enjoy what I have and grateful for what I have.

"I understand that the western philosophy is about getting more and more is never enough but I don't adopt that. Greed can come out in many ways but the less greedy you are, the more satisfied you become.

"I was very nervous today, shaking in the first few frames and not handling that well. I managed to pot a few balls but did not feel serene as usual. You have to try and control it.

"To win tournaments you have to be quite aggressive and make things happen. You don't get many defensive players getting to finals these days and even the ones you think are defensive are actually attacking in their own ways."

Nutcase but less self-pitying than previously and seems to have got it together mentally at the minute.

monolith

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 19, 2019, 09:18:40 PM
Nutcase but less self-pitying than previously and seems to have got it together mentally at the minute.
I like how politely terrified Ding seemed when Ronnie was kissing and hugging him. Something bizarrely endearing about Ronnie's love for him though.

Blue Jam

I've warmed to Ronnie a bit too now he's calmed down a bit. He was sporting throughout that match (tapping the baize in appreciation of Ding's safety shots etc), plus after watching The Rack Pack on YouTube (it's gone off iPlayer, booooo) I got a recommendation for Ronnie O'Sullivan's American Hustle, a History Channel series where he goes across the US playing pool and going to museums and learning about Elvis and Rosa Parks and that, and I got drawn in. A guilty pleasure for sure but it's strangely watchable.

Blue Jam

Been down a snooker rabbit hole lately, what the fuck did I just watch here:

https://youtu.be/a5KOfzuh9TQ

I think this must be the Chinese Big Break or something:

https://youtu.be/kDYTvxLADrg