Author Topic: Ben Elton, autumn 2019 British tour  (Read 2233 times)

Re: Ben Elton, autumn 2019 British tour
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 07:14:37 AM »
How about a Blackadder return written by people who aren’t Ben Elton? Surely everyone would be up for that. I feel a bit sad that Ben Elton is denying Tony Robinson and the rest of the old crew in this manner. I’d probably write a whole new series out of spite towards Elton.
Presumably a joke, but of anything I’ve ever read in here, this post is the one I disagree with the most.

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 09:52:13 AM »
How about a new series, set in the 90s? Blackadder is now a comic actor, making a series with an annoying alternative comedian, a posh bloke dreaming of directing romantic comedies, and a bunch of Footlights types.

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 04:53:13 AM »
I don’t know what’s going on with this article but it’s brilliant and I’m going to presume the quotes are accurate and he’s had a brain aneurysm.
https://headlinezpro.com/ben-elton-speaks-to-event-about-his-renewed-reputation-and-comedy-in-the-social-media-age/

Twed

• I need you so, Medieval Zone, you don't need me
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 05:00:47 AM »
You're going to think the world has become a new, scary place that you don't understand anymore if I explain that article to you.

Phoenix Lazarus

• Why bother writing stuff below your avatar?
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 06:40:58 AM »
I think Ben Elton's kids are about student age, now.  Perhaps one of them could take up the Blackadder torch.

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 08:11:50 AM »
Ben Elton confirms that Blackadder will never ever return. GOOD. As he says, it's best left alone.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5478/no_more_blackadder/
but but

The drummer would be called Bald Rick!!!!