Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Started by bgmnts, January 12, 2019, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Revelations 2 is probz my favourite Resi, for the co-op and the excellent Raid Mode. And the glorious spoken line "of course this factory would have to be a fucked-up factory"

The Culture Bunker

Yeah, I think I've said before that Revelations 2 was, well, a revelation after the let down of RE5 and the shiteness of RE6. It really felt going back to the roots of the series and what made those first few games so great - plus getting back to Barry and Claire's stories felt great.

Then RE7 was such a huge let down afterwards.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: madhair60 on August 28, 2019, 11:07:51 AM
Revelations 2 is probz my favourite Resi, for the co-op and the excellent Raid Mode. And the glorious spoken line "of course this factory would have to be a fucked-up factory"

Cracked a wide grin just reading that one. Whoever wrote Moira's dialogue needs a raise. She's such a satisfyingly savvy character.

bgmnts

She's not quite Life is Strange genocide fodder but she's irritating as fuck.

Just gimme all that Barry.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: bgmnts on August 28, 2019, 04:42:15 PM
She's not quite Life is Strange genocide fodder but she's irritating as fuck.

Just gimme all that Barry.

I think the best part of REV2 was very much the fact that Barry speaks and sounds like he does in the original RE1.

Hank Venture

My favourite Resident Evil games: Resident Evil 4, 5, 7. Coincidentally also the only ones I have played. 4 is a fucking classic, though. Must have bought that like 3-4 times for various consoles.

Ferris

Just noticed RE4 is on the Switch now? Might give that a go

bgmnts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlx6zWE5kIA

No gameplay so fuck knows but I'm hoping this isn't a standard 4 player co-op/asymmetrical versus multiplayer Left 4 Dead ripoff. I'm 75% sure this is the case due to the way the trailer presented itself but hope springs eternal.

Would LOVE for this to be a spiritual successor to Outbreak but probably wont be.

It may even just be another inconsequential third person shooter like Operation Raccoon City but I don't think they'd be that thick to try that again.

Ferris

Jesus that looks absolute dog dirt

H-O-W-L

Looks like Zombie Master, a cracking Half-Life mod. So... Zombie Master made by a triple A studio.

It will be shit.

bgmnts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF3nbn3vUbU

AAA Publishers just never ever learn do they? This looks abysmal.

H-O-W-L

PlanktonSideburns

UNIQUE SKILLS!

BARRY: IS HARD AS FUCK, GO ON PUNCH HIM IN THE BELLY, GO ON, HES GOT A SIX PACK

LAURA: SHES LIKE A NURSE OR SOMETHING?

DAVE: CAN PUNCH FUCK OUT OF STUFF, THE TASTY LITTLE CUNT

DAVINA: SHE CAN DO TYPING

that fucking trillby on the big lad still looks fucking stupid

and i think the music gave me a yeast infection

lazarou

Quote from: bgmnts on September 09, 2019, 06:16:27 PM
It may even just be another inconsequential third person shooter like Operation Raccoon City but I don't think they'd be that thick to try that again.

I'd be interested to see if they could actually double down again after following the staggeringly average squad shooter ORC with the actively appalling squad shooter Umbrella Corps.

One credit I will give ORC is that the expansion campaign is a vast improvement in every way but who could be arsed.

Add me to the "Revelations 2 is the best one" crowd. Captures the RE feeling in its own way while having easily the best writing in the series, and the episodic nature makes it perfect to pick up and play of an evening without wondering what fucking cog was where twenty hours ago. The slight low-budget shonkiness only adds to its charm. Sunk a shameful amount of hours into Raid mode over the years too.

bgmnts

God that new Resident Evil games looks poo. Nobody asked for it. The fans want Outbreak remake. That's it.

Currently doing 2nd run with Claire and fuck me Mr X stomping all over the safe room music is making me so tense I want to vomit.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: bgmnts on September 24, 2019, 04:50:33 AM
God that new Resident Evil games looks poo. Nobody asked for it. The fans want Outbreak remake. That's it.

Currently doing 2nd run with Claire and fuck me Mr X stomping all over the safe room music is making me so tense I want to vomit.

I want R3Make already, cunts. Give me jiggleboned Jill norks in a tube top with Pappa Nemmy trundling around furiously, already.

I want RE3's fast zombies and sprinting tyrant cockpiece. I want Chickenheart Vickers getting killed hentai style. I want Carlos 'Jeeel' Oliviera. I want Nicholai 'Canonically Not Dead' Ginoaef.

GIVE ME R3MAKE.

Ferris

Nobody wants fast zombies. In the RE universe they a shuffling menace which is more atmospheric

H-O-W-L

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 27, 2019, 12:31:22 PM
Nobody wants fast zombies. In the RE universe they a shuffling menace which is more atmospheric

You misunderstand me, friend. RE3 has zombies that move slightly faster than RE2's because 1. it's more action-oriented and 2. the zombies are in a lesser state of decay (this was before Crimson Heads were added to the lore) since it takes place a couple days before RE2.

They're not sprinters like Left 4 Dead, but they don't full-on trudge like REmake or RE2Make's. They still shamble. This video's all about dodging them but you can see here they're still able to keep a fine pace on Jill. It made RE3 a well more threatening game combined with the fucktrain that is Daddy Nem, and I loved it for it.

Speaking of, anyone else gonna replay RE3 tomorrow for its 20th ('canon date') anniversary?

bgmnts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 27, 2019, 12:31:22 PM

Yeah but zombies were only slow and shuffling because the controls were bad.

Ferris

Fair enough.

You should have an RE game from a zombie's perspective.

bgmnts

Stubbs the Zombie but serious in tone? That would be FUCKING AWESOME.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 27, 2019, 03:21:19 PM
Fair enough.

You should have an RE game from a zombie's perspective.
Would that make it a second-person shooter?

14 quid digital in the XB black friday sale.

16 quid for same on PSN.

I just got it but turned it off after 20 because its too scary. I never liked Resi or Silent Hill or any frightening games because they're too frightening for me.

magval

It is brave and scary Bosto, I agree. I powered through it anyway but I expect I was only able to do so because I knew the original so well. Great lighting, beautiful game. Unsettlingly-jawed ghouls abound.

Cheers for the heads up, I'm going to buy a permanent copy of this.

H-O-W-L

That Jill design is shit as is Nemesis. My interest has stumbled significantly.

H-O-W-L

No boob-tube option, no sale, Capcom.

Osmium

They look crap. Credit to Nemesis if he has enough time to hunt STARS between brushing his teeth after and before bed.

Jim Bob

I'll play it, I'll enjoy it and I'll wish that it retained the fixed camera angles of the original, just like I did for the Resident Evil 2 remake.  Overall, I'm glad that this is happening.