Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:59:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there a way to block folks on here?

Started by garnish, January 12, 2019, 07:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Who the fuck is James McGrory?

DYA REMEMBER LIKE [banned member] USED TO SAY

Small Man Big Horse

I had no idea who he is but a quick search revealed he joined yesterday and has posted almost sixty times already in the latest Brexit thread, looking through his posts he seems pretty annoying: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=21163;area=showposts;start=0

Not getting this 'Gaping Britain' catchphrase of his.

EDIT: just read this exchange.

Quote from: Konki on January 12, 2019, 10:22:50 AM
Who the fuck is Gaping Britain?

Quote from: JamesMcGrory on January 12, 2019, 10:43:35 AM
Flattered by the individualisation. But I don't work alone. My Latvian cleaner deserves some credit. She's left her beloved homeland to work for me at Gaping Britain. I display my appreciation by paying her only slightly below the Latvian minimum wage. She lives with her mop, beneath one of my garages, in a flat-pack galvanised steel wardrobe she carried back from Aldi. The moment I remove my Churchill brogue from her throat she spews forth "I leeving da dreem Mr James". That's Mr James sir. She'll learn.

We're a proudly cancerous anti-democracy movement intent on removing meaningful suffrage from the thick racist poor and working class. We spearhead the New Enlightenment.

checkoutgirl

It appears to be a mediocre attempt at satire.

garnish

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 12, 2019, 09:05:08 PM
I had no idea who he is but a quick search revealed he joined yesterday and has posted almost sixty times already in the latest Brexit thread, looking through his posts he seems pretty annoying: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=21163;area=showposts;start=0

Yes, it reminds me of those really shit radio 4 6.30pm comedies that makes you wonder who the writer is related to in order to get something that bad commissioned.

mothman

If I had Neil's powers, I'd have all sorts of fun looking at people's IP addresses, seeing who is really posting from an industrial estate outside Sverodlovsk, that kind of thing.

biggytitbo

Tbh if I had any kind of confidence or assurance in my own views I'd be amused by JamesMcGrory poking a small amount of fun out of my position  He's obviously no troll, his posts are well constructed and have proper jokes in them. If you think he's a troll, take a bit of a look at yourself.

garnish

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 12, 2019, 09:44:39 PM
Tbh if I had any kind of confidence or assurance in my own views I'd be amused by JamesMcGrory poking a small amount of fun out of my position  He's obviously no troll, his posts are well constructed and have proper jokes in them. If you think he's a troll, take a bit of a look at yourself.

I don't think anybody considers him a troll, it's dull, shit humour and I suspect you only think it's funny because it agrees with your political position.

garnish

Quote from: JamesMcGrory on January 12, 2019, 09:39:22 PM
Unless you voted Remain I'm no friend of yours. The lazy colloquialism suggests you could be gammon gestapo, so less of the presumptives for now at least..

I'm not a legend. I am an expert on the EU Referendum, as my contributions to this website have already proved time and again.

The real legend of the EU Referendum is Graeme Howard. Although it's unlikely the ignorant cyrypto-fascists or even the enlightened adoni are aware of 'him'. This is despite 'him' being arguably the most important 'person' in the entire EU Referendum campaigns. I know 'who' Graeme Howard is. Because I know everything.

I mean, this is the kind of garbage that Sam Wollaston used to vomit on the page for the Guardian.  Do you really, honestly think this stuff is "well constructed"?

royce coolidge

Fucking hell TIT,Brexit really has revealed the true cunt in you,you'd suck up to anyone who'll share your view.

Johnny Yesno

Why would you want to block him? Can't you just skip his posts if you don't like them?

I keep reading this thread title as:

"Is there a way to block block folks on here?"

gib

I keep seeing it as "way too many black folks" which isn't very nice.

Cold Meat Platter

Look for the Goldfinger extension on Chrome.
Install, then go to the user profile you want to block and click 'ignore'.

Dex Sawash

chveik

Cuellar

They do have jokes, yes. In the same way that The News Quiz has jokes. They look like jokes, they take the same form as jokes. And yet.

Zetetic

He's obviously no troll, his posts are well constructed and have proper jokes in them. If you think he's a troll, take a bit of a look at yourself.
Indeed, I think that Neil's failure to renumerate him for his posts constitutes, at this point, an act of censorship.

Zetetic

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 12, 2019, 08:15:29 PM
Why would you want to block him? Can't you just skip his posts if you don't like them?
Of course. But at that point they're still a tax on attention. Why not offload that to the web browser?

Buelligan

I just scroll past.  It's like ads on youtube, you can install an adblocker or you can wait for a few seconds, right in the middle of a joke, interesting question, piece of riveting information and press SKIP AD.  They both work but the adblocker's probably better if I'm honest.

I'm amazed you think he's alright bigs, you really do have a sense of humour.  One of the reasons I like you.

biggytitbo

There isn't a single poster on here I'd ever block, even the ones who just consistently abuse me. I greatly value Zetetics posts at the good end, and even the essentially worthless, futile and pointless brain farts of Paul Calf, Johnny Yesno and that other guy I can't even remember the name of, job something, are interesting on at least some narrow anthropological level.

garnish

But do you really think this new poster is funny? Really honestly?

BlodwynPig

I've mellowed to Calf because he reminds me of Dan Bell - all soft and cuddly.

You're thinking of jobotic.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Zetetic on January 12, 2019, 10:29:09 PM
Indeed, I think that Neil's failure to renumerate him for his posts constitutes, at this point, an act of censorship.

Thankfully, there's only one of him so there's no need for a recount.

Johnny Yesno

earl_sleek

Well, I'm quite appalled... and very nearly walked out... to be on a British television programme where lesbians are wheeled in for you to make smuttty and offensive remarks to. I think it is an absolutely shameful exhibition of vulgarity directed toward a minority, I think the lesbians have come over with considerable dignity and you've come over as an arsehole!

Buelligan

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 12, 2019, 10:45:55 PM
There isn't a single poster on here I'd ever block, even the ones who just consistently abuse me. I greatly value Zetetics posts at the good end, and even the essentially worthless, futile and pointless brain farts of Paul Calf, Johnny Yesno and that other guy I can't even remember the name of, job something, are interesting on at least some narrow anthropological level.

Yeah, nearly everyone here is fucking top.  Obviously, I have a few personal exceptions, I'm sure we all do but in the soup of everything, we all add something (not wee).  But, you know, too much concentrated anything fucks the whole thing and when it's too much concentrated shit, even if it's just using a shit-cube and not genuine shit (it was genuine shit), well, it's a problem, if you're trying to enjoy some nice soup on a winter's evening.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Buelligan on January 12, 2019, 11:05:53 PM
Yeah, nearly everyone here is fucking top.  Obviously, I have a few personal exceptions, I'm sure we all do but in the soup of everything, we all add something (not wee).  But, you know, too much concentrated anything fucks the whole thing and when it's too much concentrated shit, even if it's just using a shit-cube and not genuine shit (it was genuine shit), well, it's a problem, if you're trying to enjoy some nice soup on a winter's evening.

All you add is a level head and an earnest willingness to see the best in even the very worst of people, and who the fuck wants that?

i never block. raw dog posting all the way. pure uncut unfiltered cookdandbombd.com