Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:43:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's better, Terminator or Robocop?

Started by Twed, January 13, 2019, 07:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's better, Terminator or Robocop?

Terminator
Robot the Cop

Twed

bgmnts

In what way? Robocop has less shit films in its franchise but Terminator has more good films.

Robocop has better catchphrases and the dystopian future city of Detroit is marvellously grim.

Terminator has Arnie though.

The actual machine, Robocop is better because he is cool lookin' and has that spark of humanity and is Jesus or something.
Plus he is a goodie.

Furthermore, Terminator has all that shite time travel wankyballs.

In conclusion, Termocop.

Twed

Quote from: bgmnts on January 13, 2019, 07:54:54 PM
In what way? Robocop has less shit films in its franchise but Terminator has more good films.

Robocop has better catchphrases and the dystopian future city of Detroit is marvellously grim.

Terminator has Arnie though.

The actual machine, Robocop is better because he is cool lookin' and has that spark of humanity and is Jesus or something.
Plus he is a goodie.

Furthermore, Terminator has all that shite time travel wankyballs.

In conclusion, Termocop.
There are only two Terminator movies, and as far as I'm concerned Robocop ends after it gets horrible (the very beginning).

bgmnts

Sorry mate we have to take this seriously and rummage through the faeces.

Robocop also has one of the best deaths in 80s sci fi action.

https://youtu.be/I2JSXKFWqGI

"Bitches, leave."

Oh and Boddiker is one of the nastiest, most slimy cunts in film. More points.

I'm team Robocop on this one.

Twed

See, to me Robocop is the movie for the kids who wanted to hurt animals. It's violent for its own sake. Sociopathic. Terminator encourages empathy.

Mary is not amused

[tag]90s comedian's ten minute exegesis on the DJs of Public Enemy[/tag]

rasta-spouse

I think Terminator would suplex the Robocop from the top rope.

bgmnts

Quote from: Twed on January 13, 2019, 08:17:48 PM
See, to me Robocop is the movie for the kids who wanted to hurt animals. It's violent for its own sake. Sociopathic. Terminator encourages empathy.

That's why it great, it is a real 80s timestamp; excess amidst crime ridden poverty, corporate scum nozzles and absurd sci fi concepts.

St_Eddie

Robocop has all of the thrills and spills of The Terminator but along with intelligent subtext and symbolism for those who'd care to dig deeper.  It also has some of the greatest villains from all of cinema and immensely quotable lines.  The Terminator is still great though.  Quite frankly, I fail to see why I must choose between the two.  They're both great.  Robocop is better though, obviously.

Twed

Sorry, I didn't explain. I'm having one of them erased (Robotcop).

St_Eddie

The third movie, RobertBurkeCop, was shite, I'll grant you that much.

rasta-spouse

Has anyone noticed that Terminator is soft on the outside, but the Robocop is soft on the inside. Makes you think.

touchingcloth

Is The Terminator (1984) is a better film than Robocop (1987)?

Yes.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Twed on January 13, 2019, 08:43:33 PM
Sorry, I didn't explain. I'm having one of them erased (Robotcop).
You'll have to fight me first.

And I will win, because you're clearly a big wet flannel.

Golden E. Pump

Quote from: rasta-spouse on January 13, 2019, 08:53:01 PM
Has anyone noticed that Terminator is soft on the outside, but the Robocop is soft on the inside. Makes you think.

Of what, Daim?

mothman

St_Eddie

Quote from: rasta-spouse on January 13, 2019, 08:53:01 PM

Ah, I see.  So Terminator is a Malteser and Robocop is a Jaffa Cake?

No, that can't be right because I prefer Maltesers.

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2019, 09:14:52 PM
Who's Robert Cop?

As I already explained, the robotic cop from the third movie; RobertBurkeCop.  Do try to keep up.

Quote from: mothman on January 13, 2019, 09:59:35 PM
"I like Terminator and Robocop."

"I like RoboCop Versus Terminator."

Sebastian Cobb

Both Terminators end up with the Terminator getting merked whereas the Robocops end with Murphy saving the day.

St_Eddie

thecuriousorange - That was the game I was referring to.  I also own the original comic, which I had completely forgotten about but I found it when moving flats recently.  Will probably give it another read (the last time was as a kid).  Might make for an absurdist 'what if' bit of entertainment.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 13, 2019, 10:15:16 PM
Both Terminators end up with the Terminator getting merked whereas the Robocops end with Murphy saving the day.

True but Terminator has a painted on anus.  Can Robocop claim such a thing?  I think not.  I'm starting to be swayed towards the Terminator camp now, I must say.  Painted on anuses count for a lot.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm guessing Robocops have real anuses, how else would they shit out the rudimentary paste they eat?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 13, 2019, 10:24:17 PM
I'm guessing Robocops have real anuses, how else would they shit out the rudimentary paste they eat?

That's a great observation.  I'm back in the Robocop camp now.  Terminator, with his painted on anus, is rubbish.  He can't even create poo, unlike your half man there, Robocop.  His paste may be rudimentary but there's nothing rudimentary about his poos.  Legendary, they are.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 13, 2019, 10:15:02 PM

Robocop has managed to get he drop on Terminator, despite all that racket he makes when he walks. Terminator isn't even aiming in the right direction.

touchingcloth

Is robocop a robot, or a man in a suit? I always thought it was the latter, so the opposite of Terminator.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 13, 2019, 10:29:14 PM
That's a great observation.  I'm back in the Robocop camp now.  Terminator, with his painted on anus, is rubbish.  He can't even create poo, unlike your half man there, Robocop.  His paste may be rudimentary but there's nothing rudimentary about his poos.  Legendary, they are.

From the T-800 model onwards, Terminators were fitted with real anuses.  I've already gone into this at great length in other threads; please don't fall for titbo's propaganda on this subject.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2019, 10:58:38 PM
Is robocop a robot, or a man in a suit? I always thought it was the latter, so the opposite of Terminator.

He's a cyborg, so both a man in a suit and bits of robot. You're right in saying Terminator is his opposite as he looks like a man on the outside but inside he's pure robotics & A.I.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on January 13, 2019, 11:19:41 PM
He's a cyborg, so both a man in a suit and bits of robot. You're right in saying Terminator is his opposite as he looks like a man on the outside but inside he's pure robotics & A.I.

Arnie Describes himself as a 'cybernetic organism' though in t2.