Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:52:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's better, Terminator or Robocop?

Started by Twed, January 13, 2019, 07:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's better, Terminator or Robocop?

Terminator
Robot the Cop

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Who would win out of Robocop and Inspector Gadget?

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 13, 2019, 11:28:51 PM
Arnie Describes himself as a 'cybernetic organism' though in t2.

Well the fake skin on the outside is organic, so yes.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 13, 2019, 11:29:40 PM

I don't think anything could beat Matthew Broderick Inspector Gadget.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on January 13, 2019, 11:35:41 PM
Well the fake skin on the outside is organic, so yes.

That'd make Arnie a cyborg but the ones in the future scenes not.

But like, that's like asking a robot if it's a robot and it going 'yes mate', but then you putting a sheepskin jacket on it and asking it again and it going 'nah'.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on January 13, 2019, 11:19:41 PM
He's a cyborg, so both a man in a suit and bits of robot. You're right in saying Terminator is his opposite as he looks like a man on the outside but inside he's pure robotics & A.I.

Which bits of Robert Cop are man?

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2019, 11:52:43 PM
Which bits of Robert Cop are man?

His love for his family.

And his mouth obviously

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on January 13, 2019, 11:16:46 PM
From the T-800 model onwards, Terminators were fitted with real anuses.  I've already gone into this at great length in other threads; please don't fall for titbo's propaganda on this subject.

Actually, painted on anuses is quite possibly the only thing that biggytitbo has ever proved to be knowledgeable about.  He's quite the expert.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 13, 2019, 11:28:51 PM
Arnie Describes himself as a 'cybernetic organism' though in t2.

My Mum once said that she "received an organism via a cybernetic device".  Whatever could she have meant by that?!

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 13, 2019, 11:29:40 PM

Robocop would absolutely pummel Inspector Gadget; kick his eyebrows off; shoot him between the legs, so that his gadget-cock would no longer go go.  He'd leave him a sobbing, broken husk of a man.

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on January 13, 2019, 11:58:54 PM
His love for his family.

And his mouth obviously

I'd say his brain, or at least a part of it and also, to get all existential, his soul.

But yes, his mouth too.

rasta-spouse

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 14, 2019, 12:53:22 AM

My Mum once said that she "received an organism via a cybernetic device".  Whatever could she have meant by that?!

It means she sat on a tamagotchi.

BlodwynPig

St_Eddie

Quote from: rasta-spouse on January 14, 2019, 12:59:14 AM
It means she sat on a tamagotchi.

My little darling Mimitchi?!  My Mum said that she'd flushed him down the toilet because he'd died...

Well, this shocking revelation certainly explains the desperate and hungry bleats that emanated from my Mother's lower regions for days after little Mimitchi's "death"!

Sin Agog

Quote from: Twed on January 13, 2019, 08:17:48 PM
See, to me Robocop is the movie for the kids who wanted to hurt animals. It's violent for its own sake. Sociopathic. Terminator encourages empathy.

I bet you watched Starship Troopers and thought it was written by this guy...

Ferris

Three-way Battle Royale to determine the best character: Terminator, Robocop, and the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.

Three robot men enter, only one may leave.

chveik

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 14, 2019, 05:24:45 AM
Three-way Battle Royale to determine the best character: Terminator, Robocop, and the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.

Three robot men enter, only one may leave.

Can we add Wall-E to this death fight?

madhair60

Saw Terminator for the first time last year. It was alright. Tried to watch T2, got halfway through, fucked it off.

Robocop's better.

Honestly, "it encourages empathy". It's Terminator, not fuckin'... Bear in the Big Blue House.

Sebastian Cobb

That argument seems to massively overlook Robocop us quite obviously playing around in a self-aware way whereas Terminator is comparatively po-faced.

biggytitbo

As far as I know Robert Cop's anus isn't painted on, so it's a win on that front.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 14, 2019, 12:53:22 AM
Actually, painted on anuses is quite possibly the only thing that biggytitbo has ever proved to be knowledgeable about.  He's quite the expert.

Balls.  I conclusively proved him wrong and you've just fallen for his persuasive writing techniques.

Replies From View

biggytitbo

Does Robert have a hatch at the back if he wants to do a toilet using his presumably still intact human anus?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 14, 2019, 09:47:45 AM
Does Robert have a hatch at the back if he wants to do a toilet using his presumably still intact human anus?

Like a metal version of those dungarees with a button-flap.

St_Eddie

No.  He has a 3.0 USB port back there, into which he can plug his detachable bottom with functioning anus.  The digested rudimentary paste is transferred from his metal stomach to his detachable bottom in binary form and then reassembled into excrement.

Robert's detachable bottom also has a built in speaker, which produces realistic pooping sounds, but can also be tuned in to pick up FM radio signals, should Robert desire some music to relax to, whilst pooping.  This was all designed and executed by OCP because ultimately, it wouldn't make much sense for Robert to be carrying his buttocks into battle; a detachable musical bottom was the only sensible course of action.

Replies From View

So when he's listening to Heart FM or whatever he can't also shit noisily?  I find that most unfair.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on January 14, 2019, 10:31:26 AM
So when he's listening to Heart FM or whatever he can't also shit noisily?  I find that most unfair.

Nobody ever said that being a Robocop would be easy.  In fact, one of the first things that OCP told Robert upon his activation as a Robocop was "being a Robocop ain't going to be easy, you freaky little soulless metal abomination.  Now mop the floor, you stupid cunt".

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 14, 2019, 10:19:32 AM
No.  He has a 3.0 USB port back there, into which he can plug his detachable bottom with functioning anus.  The digested rudimentary paste is transferred from his metal stomach to his detachable bottom in binary form and then reassembled into excrement.

Robert's detachable bottom also has a built in speaker, which produces realistic pooping sounds, but can also be tuned in to pick up FM radio signals, should Robert desire some music to relax to, whilst pooping.  This was all designed and executed by OCP because ultimately, it wouldn't make much sense for Robert to be carrying his buttocks into battle; a detachable musical bottom was the only sensible course of action.

Roboplop!

Blumf

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/harry-potter-toilet/
QuoteRobocop didn't always use toilets. Before Delta City was built, he regularly released scalding-hot blasts of grease-like sludge all over the precinct. Sometimes he directed his nozzle into a trash can. Sometimes not. He went where duty called him, whether it was interrupting a domestic dispute by punching a man through a refrigerator or shooting a biker gang off their motorcycles outside a drug factory.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Blumf on January 14, 2019, 11:02:36 AM
https://www.somethingawful.com/news/harry-potter-toilet/

I guess that the world is obsessed with the toilet habits of Robocop and understandably so.  It's like with Darth Vader; there's literally no-one on Earth who's never questioned how he goes to the toilet.

Blumf

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 14, 2019, 11:10:43 AM
It's like with Darth Vader; there's literally no-one on Earth who's never questioned how he goes to the toilet.

Whhhhaaaaat!? We've all seen Darth Vader's dunny!

"<psshofff>I would give it a few minutes if I were you<pssshofff>"