Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's better, Terminator or Robocop?

Started by Twed, January 13, 2019, 07:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's better, Terminator or Robocop?

Terminator
Robot the Cop

phantom_power

Terminator is a great, efficient action sci-fi film but Robocop is a fucking masterpiece. It has action, comedy, great effects, satire, two SUVs fucking, endlessly quotable lines and a killer score (which Terminator also has, admittedly)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I am in favour of the Robocop theme tune becoming the national anthem. It's way better than that dreary old cack we have now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on January 14, 2019, 11:21:32 AM
Whhhhaaaaat!? We've all seen Darth Vader's dunny!

"<psshofff>I would give it a few minutes if I were you<pssshofff>"

Is Vader like a policeman where he's obliged to offer his helmet to a pregnant lady if she needs to go?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 14, 2019, 11:41:01 AM
Is Vader like a policeman where he's obliged to offer his helmet to a pregnant lady if she needs to go?

I like the ambiguity of that sentence.

Gregory Torso

Waste disposal:

Robocop has a toilet in his leg, where he also keeps his gun. As long as he doesn't get urine in the mainframe he's happy as larry. That's very unsafe.
Robocop moonwalks into the toilets at work and says "does not compute" before urine jets out of his legs causing the whole precinct to lose its juice.

Terminator pisses where he likes, and you see his penis when he quantum leaps, so he definitely has the required flesh utensil.

Weaknesses:

Murphy-bot sometimes gets a bit weepy thinking about his computer family in suburbia - you don't see Terminator getting misty-visored for the dead fields of the matrix do you? Terminator sees a pylon and gets an erection. "I'll have some of that" he says to a sega megadrive.

Robocop has a vulnerable chin which never grows a beard because part of his protocol is to get in there every morning with a futuristic dystopian Gilette 3,000,000,000 which gets everything right down to the pore. You never see Robocop with a moustache after lunch, no matter how much crotch he's been eating.

When Terminator takes off his pyjamas he's just a skeleton, when he goes to bed, you can melt him.

Transport:

Robocop has a car with cool doors. Terminator has any motorcycle he can climb on. Sometimes it's boots and a motorcycle. Whatever gets your juices going, lads. Terminator 2 runs like me on sports day.

Catchphrases:

I am the law, thinks Robocop. Stop, or my gun will shoot!. I'll buy that for a dollars!
Terminator is fed up to the back arse cheek of the law, he fucks the law, and he does it wearing a leather jacket.

Terminator's soundboard of quotes is whack as fuck though: "I will come back!" "Weston Supermare baby", "Oh no, he di'unt" (engage head waggle program).

Attack:

Robocop goes for the dick, he's a dirty boy. You're cursed fucker, he says, before shooting off everyone's dicks. "Jesus Christ, Murphy!" says the boss, as penises rain down from the top floor of Crime Syndicate Towers like a shower of warm slugs.

Terminator never got robo-nasty and went for someone's plums when the chips were down.

Conclusion: Terminator is better.

Sebastian Cobb

Terminator doesn't have a Johnson either. As far as I know that's just Data in TNG, who manages to pump Tasha Yar and the Borg queen, making Geordi La Forge the only man in space to see less action than the robot.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 14, 2019, 12:06:47 PM
Robocop goes for the dick, he's a dirty boy. You're cursed fucker, he says, before shooting off everyone's dicks. "Jesus Christ, Murphy!" says the boss, as penises rain down from the top floor of Crime Syndicate Towers like a shower of warm slugs.

Case in point.

Gregory Torso

Terminator has a dick. You see it when he's sent back in time, it's the first thing to come through the worm hole. There's like five minutes of penis appearing in an alleyway before Arnie walks through and says "John Connors, I am here to kill you"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 14, 2019, 12:20:15 PM
Terminator has a dick. You see it when he's sent back in time, it's the first thing to come through the worm hole. There's like five minutes of penis appearing in an alleyway before Arnie walks through and says "John Connors, I am here to kill you"

Not 'fully functional' like Data's, so doesn't count.

Fambo Number Mive

I would rather have a Robocop roaming around than a Terminator. What would the Terminator do to help the local community?

Terminator has detailed files on human anatomy. It would probably be a minor formality to have it become the local GP.

greenman

Would you trust a man with a painted on arse to do a prostate exam?

Quote from: Gregory Torso on January 14, 2019, 12:20:15 PM

When he walks into that bar naked at the start of T2 a delighted woman looks down and cops an eyeful.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 14, 2019, 12:53:35 PM
When he walks into that bar naked at the start of T2 a delighted woman looks down and cops an eyeful.

Yeah, he walks in saying "ich bin ein helicopter", with his cock whirling round and round like a clown's bow tie.

biggytitbo

The Terminators penis is fully functional, but due to a software fault, he has to shut down crucial CPU functions when it becomes inflated, meaning he can become erect but has no idea what to do with it.

Roberts cock and balls got blew into the path of a heavy goods vehicle during his terrible battering early in the film and could not be retrieved. Which is for the best as early prototype Robert cops would get distracted if they had cock and balls and sneak off to play with them when they were meant to be fighting crime.

All in all, I'd call it a draw on that front.

Replies From View

"Robert" is slang for the T-1000, you know.  Skynet calls it that due to the actor playing it.

BeardFaceMan

I saw nothing in Terminator of equal or greater value than what that chap in Robocop was willing to buy for a dollar.  Robocop wins.

Chollis

Terminator. Not even a discussion. This thread isn't real

Twed

Quote from: Chollis on January 14, 2019, 05:46:37 PM
Terminator. Not even a discussion. This thread isn't real
Thank you for standing up against those Robocop psychopaths who would sooner stab you with prejudice than give you a thumbs up in lava

PlanktonSideburns

Elon musk would say terminator

Grimes would say robocop

PlanktonSideburns

Henry the 8th would say robocop

Prince Andrew would say terminator  (unnerved by all the cocks getting shot off in robocop)

Blumf

Replies From View

The one good thing about Robocop is he is wearing the wrong trousers.

Avril Lavigne

The real answer is that Bicentennial Man is best.

Replies From View