Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:47:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nutella in a chocolate bar format - have they gone too far?

Started by garnish, January 13, 2019, 08:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Isn't Nutella one of those things that was invented by the Nazis like Fanta and Twitter?

buzby

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2019, 10:41:27 PM
Ferrero were a client in a previous job of mine, and they were very proud of the fact that the majority of the planet's hazelnut crop was bought and processed by them. 
They use 25% of the world's hazelnuts supply, apparently.

Quote from: Beagle 2 on January 14, 2019, 03:02:37 PM
Isn't Nutella one of those things that was invented by the Nazis like Fanta and Twitter?
It was created by Alba baker Pietro Ferrero in 1946 as a cheap chocolate substitute due to the scarcity of cocoa after the war (Alba is in Piedmont, the centre of Italy's hazelnut farming industry). However, it was a modern recreation of Gianduja, a chocolate hazelnut paste created in Piedmont during the Napoleonic wars due to the cocoa shortages caused by the French blockades on Italian ports. Ferrero's version used much less cocoa and was bulked up with palm oil instead of chocolate.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: thenoise on January 14, 2019, 02:10:53 PM
Almost every chocolate spread tastes better than Nutella (pronounced New Teller). Even supermarket brands. Hotel Chocllolat chocolate spread is delicious, although costs a bomb obvs. We should not use Nutella (pronounced Noo Tellah) to mean generic chocolate spread! Better ones are available!

And also because it tastes of hazelnut which anything that is widely used in products and advertised as chocolate spread should not do.

I have no idea if the idea of Nutella was by The Nazi Party of Germany but I would hope whoever was responsible gets their comeuppance in some sort of trial.

shiftwork2

Bought a box and ate them all in one sitting.

alright cheers

Replies From View

NUTELLA, TOO NUTTY FOR MY BRA
TOO NUTTY FOR A CAR
TOO NUTTY FOR A... BAR!

Right Said Fred, there.  (Your favourite.)

mothman

Last Christmas a coworker brought a chocolate panettone to the office. It had ersatz Nutella in. It was rank.

Glebe

"I have to say, this news is absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't put it past Nutella to start offering these obscene treats in multipack format neither!"

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mothman on January 14, 2019, 09:34:30 PM
Last Christmas a coworker brought a chocolate panettone to the office. It had ersatz Nutella in. It was rank.

GEORGE MICHAEL CONSIDER ETC., FUCK'S SAKE.

Gregory Torso

Who the fuck is going around buying these nutellas?

I feel like I should wait in a shop until someone tries to buy a nutella and then stand behind them saying "I suppose you think that's good, do you? I s'pose you think it's a bitta tasty alright, yeah? S'pose you think that's what a person might just do, just pop in the shop and get some nutella. You are worse than paedophiles. You are worse than ghosts."

Nutella is a thing like Ed Sheeran (HA HA I'M EVERETT TRUE! I LIKE LISTENING TO TRAP MUSIC! PULL MY BEARD, LITTLE GIRL) I mean it's something that's meant to be good and popular but I've never met anyone that actually likes it.

When do these things happen? Why does everyone go along with it, thinking that it must be good.

And while I'm here, why do we have new ways of pronouncing IKEA now, while I'm here? Who decided that? We're going to say "Ickier" now, everyone. Everyone: "Yes, brilliant, it will feel more good to say that like that". It's like vaping, or that fella who was on Vic and Bob.