Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

These Brexit survival kits/stockpiling

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 14, 2019, 10:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Lots of threads on Mumsnet about stockpiling. Yes sometimes I read Mumnset, sorry Cookd and Bombd you are still my favourite forum.

On BBC it says Brexit survival kits are selling for £300 (which I can't afford) which "include enough freeze-dried food to last 30 days, a water filter and fire starting gel"

I doubt the latter two items will be needed but the former sounds useful.

Is anyone stockpiling in case of a no deal? Or is it just alarmism?

Sin Agog

I keep twelve Bulgarians in my larder because soon you'll have to start paying an arm and a leg in import tax for them.

jobotic

I really need to get on with filling the loft with Polish lager before I can only buy Worthington Smooth Flow* at five pounds a can.

* to be renamed Farage & Moggs Patriot Ale after March.

Buelligan

The fire-starting gel sounds like the only useful bit of kit there. 

phantom_power

This is the true snowflake generation. The ones that have to buy Brexit Survival Kits rather than killing and eating your animals/neighbours/grandparents like everyone else

poo

Cleaned and oiled my shotguns on the weekend.

thenoise

Wtf is fire starting gel? Can I just buy matches?

Paul Calf

phantom_power

Quote from: thenoise on January 14, 2019, 10:56:32 AM

All our matches come from EU

Panbaams

Quote from: thenoise on January 14, 2019, 10:56:32 AM

It's so you can get your hair to look like that bloke out of The Prodigy.

Buelligan

I love my home.  Sometimes I catch myself actually looking forward to the apocalypse, just to take it for a test run (and have some proper time off work).  So defensible, massive shutters on all external openings (and not many of those, let me tell you), access to other parts of the village via rooftops, has own spring, handy weapons, dried food, fucking hell, bring it on.

No fire-starting gel though.

Blumf

HP sauce mate, made in Holland these days. <taps side of nose> Get stocking!

phantom_power

Can we still get Reggae Reggae Sauce when we leave EU? Is Jamaica in EU?

Mr_Simnock

Buelligan

Over 52% of the population lining up with their crayons.

wooders1978

Well we voted for being starved out of existence by our European overlords and now the chickens are coming home to roost - how will we get by without Brie and manchego cheese?

thenoise

Thank goodness, there's something us lazy Brits have figured out how to make ourselves. We will probably run out of marmite and baked beans or something, turns out they rely on imported foreign labour and ingredients.

touchingcloth

I'm building up a stockpile of combustible Farage and Cameron effigies which I think are going to go for a fortune when people are licking out the dregs from their final tin of cat spam.

touchingcloth

On a serious note, if you need medicine then there's no harm in stockpiling for after March 29.

metaltax

My other half suggested we buy a few extra tins of things in case of Brexit. Hopefully my response of "don't be so fucking ridiculous" made my position on this clear to her.

Cuellar

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 14, 2019, 10:30:42 AM
On BBC it says Brexit survival kits are selling for £300 (which I can't afford) which "include enough freeze-dried food to last 30 days, a water filter and fire starting gel"

Hahah - just some chancers trying to cash in.

Norton Canes

olliebean

Why would you need freeze dried food? Just get a load of cans in. 30 days worth will cost you a lot less than £300.

Fambo Number Mive

I presume it's because it takes up less space.

I should get some cans of all day breakfast. I used to love that.

Alberon

Bunch of fucking idiots. Even if the Mad Max scenario happens, which it won't, these morons will have their £300 box, along with all their other food, taken by rioters.

If the situation gets as bad that they need the box to survive then they won't anyway as order gives way to gangs sweeping the area for food.

biggytitbo