Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:46:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corporate Season 2 starts this week

Started by NoSleep, January 14, 2019, 12:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant Farm Keyboard

Nobody to comment on the finale?

"Vacation" was a little all over the map with three different plots that had little overlap. Matt's vacation was a little predictable for most of the duration, but the final stretch was pure gold. However, the plot line about Jake's new colleague (a seriously creepy Erik Charles Nielsen, who played Garett in Community) was also very satisfying.

The proper finale, "The Fall", indeed wrapped up as expected a few storylines from this season, but also one that was totally unexpected. The highlight however was the various montages involving Matt. The casting department got the perfect extras for these scenes. Jake's story was a little dull, but it was interesting to see him in a position of authority for a change.

I have the impression that we got a lot more Lance Reddick this season, but a little less Adam Lustick (despite the promises of the premiere) and Anne Dudek. And it's been very consistently both funny and dark. My favourite scene may have been the "Street Maps" opener with the detailed photos, but there were a lot of highlights this year. I seriously hope that they get a third season.

Small Man Big Horse

I felt the same way as you did about Vacation, and coming after the astonishingly dark eighth episode probably hurt it a little as well as my expectations were really high (and unlike you I didn't really get on with Jake's plotline), but the finale was a lot better, and I agree with everything you say there. In some ways I think it would have been better if they'd moved the episodes around a little and maybe end with the eighth, just because it was so good, but otherwise I've no complaints. And I'm a little bit in love with Lance Reddick so have no issue with seeing more of him, and Lustwick and Dudek still had a lot to do and the show as a whole was pretty superb this season, I'll be gutted if it doesn't come back for a third.

NoSleep

I don't think they wanted to end on another "tragedy" related episode as did the first season. I enjoyed the little callback cameos in the last two: the youtube lady at the top of the mountain and Richard from the first ever episode as the survivalist.

This season they haven't been afraid to play around with the format but this may have contributed some of the inconsistencies that have been mentioned. I prefer it this way as it bodes well for a third season.

Ant Farm Keyboard

There was another callback (if we except the janitor, which was more of a reveal), as I was able to read among the BNN scrolling headlines that Mrs. Cowboy had been arrested.

Ant Farm Keyboard

To make up for the fact that After Life has been renewed, I'd like to share that Corporate has a good shot at getting a third season, even if nothing is official so far:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/comedy-central-the-other-two-reinvention.html

"The network is increasingly going after older eyeballs and more casual comedy fans while also opening up its development roster to creators and on-air talent from diverse backgrounds. In late 2017, it introduced the dark and cinematic workplace comedy Corporate to mostly rave reviews and solid ratings (it recently wrapped its second season and is awaiting word on a renewal)."

rasta-spouse

I started watching season one recently. Was finding it a bit over-stylised but then thought the Trademarq episode was outstanding.

Will keep watching, but blimey it's a bleak vision of life.

Ron Superior

Season 2 starts on Comedy Central UK tonight

Small Man Big Horse

I've mixed feelings about this, of course it's great that it's coming back but I love it so much I'd have liked it to last for a couple more seasons, maybe five in total.

chveik

seconded. who needs a sitcom with Awkwafina when there's already a brilliant well-established show like Corporate. I guess it sells more.

steveh

The second series I thought was also one of those rare cases of being better than the first so it doesn't seem like they're anywhere near out of ideas yet.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The key issue for the third season being the final one is that the ratings were terrible. I would gladly watch five seasons of this gem, I try to spread the word around me, but it's unfortunately one of those shows that has very little mass appeal.

"I'm a little cucumber."