Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:03:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Game Of Thrones Season 8

Started by Dog Botherer, January 15, 2019, 06:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

After Cersei and Jaime, anything goes

Harsh comments about Maisie having a "moonface". I still love you Maisie, let's go for a pizza and not listen to Ed Sheeran sometime

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: Shameless Custard on April 16, 2019, 05:06:26 PM

Harsh comments about Maisie having a "moonface". I still love you Maisie, let's go for a pizza and not listen to Ed Sheeran sometime

I used to have a thing for her.

Then I met her at Gatwick airport one day. She is tiny, has little sparrow legs and was an absolute miserable sod to anyone who dare speak to her. Think she was stoned out of her tree too.

Ruined EVERYTHING.

Kryton

Quote from: phantom_power on April 16, 2019, 03:30:01 PM
and Jamie being at Kings Landing

Winterfell I guess you mean (not being arsey).

I think Brann will probably thank Jaime for allowing him to become the three eyed raven possibly saving his life?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Josef K on April 16, 2019, 08:53:57 AM
Anyone spot Mac from Always Sunny's cameo as one of the lads on the boat that gets an arrow through the eye?

Martin Starr was also in that bit, though he's all but unrecognisable in make up, even after seeing the clip it's hard to believe it's him.

Also: Andy Daly is recapping the show for Vulture, and as you'd imagine it's really funny stuff: https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/andy-daly-game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-1-recap.html

cakeinmilk

Quote from: Gulftastic on April 16, 2019, 02:07:22 PM
If I've got my sums right, the finale will air on Spring Bank Monday morning.

After getting up at daft o'clock for the Lost one, I'm not risking it again.

At least in the US, the finale is on 19th May, so week before the bank holiday.

mothman

Does anyone else hate the new title sequence? OK, it's not like there are man places to go: just Winterfell and King's Landing and places in between, which would make for a very short credits! But Christ, it's so BUSY. All it needs is an animatronic Christopher Walken to pop up, banging a cowbell.

dallasman

SPOILERS ALL THE WAY:

Not to be a perv, but a Gendry-Wolverine sex scene would've been a bolder, more GoT way to announce the series was back, baby, back. Both series Arya and Maisie Williams are old enough that it wouldn't be too crazy; after all, they didn't hold back on Dany's or Sansa's wedding nights, and they would've been about the same age. That's not to be read as disappointment, I hasten to add. Happy to have Arya/Maisie's innocence intact in that respect, but they're obviously setting something up. They'll probably make it tender, cute and candlelit, then Gendry dies in the next episode.

Speaking of gratuitous, and another possible reason they left Gendrya at "my how you've grown" in the premiere: A lot of the ep seemed to be about mirroring s1ep1, with all the arrivals at Winterfell, the various reunions, and a MFFF group sex scene (Bronn here; Tyrion then). Another season, another Bronn dye job, and another thin layer of something applied to his leathery skin. Why wouldn't Qyburn look good to these chicks? But OK, that was at least a halfway interesting way to keep Bronn in the action.

What has the Hound been good for since Arya ditched him? Are we getting Cleganebowl? He used to be one of my favourite characters, so I hope they have something interesting in store for him, and that it wasn't all building to his chat with Arya in this episode.

Also, I'm with Cersei: I want elephants! Bet Euron made the Golden Company hide them away for a shock trampling of King's Landing in a future ep. Though my immediate thought when this came up was the obvious: "aha, blew the CGI budget on dragons, did we?".

I'm with mostly everyone else on the plot holes and atrocious dialogue, so I don't get why people are so down on the dragons? Yes, that whole flying sequence was straight out of the Star Wars sequels, but the CGI is GREAT! Come on, give them that. That's how we get a shark-jumping moment like Rhaegal staring - or leering - at them knowingly. In the final episode, I want to see Drogon and Rhaegal doing a waltz on their hind legs like Snowball II and Santa's Little Helper. That's the Dance Of Dragons we're building to.

Sam and Gilly's baby was an infant for two and a half seasons. Wonder if it can walk and speak now, and if there was a long back-and-forth over whether to make him a little smartass.

Why does everyone assume they're safe from the Dead on an island? They Dead could get on boats, couldn't they?

phantom_power

Quote from: Kryton on April 16, 2019, 05:17:11 PM

Fuck you buddy

You're right, cheers

mothman

Quote from: dallasman on April 16, 2019, 07:46:03 PM
Sam and Gilly's baby was an infant for two and a half seasons. Wonder if it can walk and speak now, and if there was a long back-and-forth over whether to make him a little smartass.

Stuff Gendrya, SamJunya FTW.

NoSleep

Cersei's hair hasn't grown back yet, either.

Dr Sanchez

Quote from: NoSleep on April 17, 2019, 12:32:33 AM
Cersei's hair hasn't grown back yet, either.

There isn't a significant time gap between the end of season 7 and the beginning of season 8 is there?

I don't see how Cleganebowl will happen, unless The Hound fights him as an undead marauder in The Night Kings army.

NoSleep

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 17, 2019, 02:46:11 AM
There isn't a significant time gap between the end of season 7 and the beginning of season 8 is there?

The walk of atonement was season 5.

Old Nehamkin

I assumed she just decided to keep it short, like.

NoSleep

I was just agreeing with how Gilly's child hadn't grown very much.

EOLAN

One of my bugbears has popped up in relation to the series. Usually comes up around royal wedding times where there are claims that 1 billion people will watch this GoT episode. Never seems to be a breakdown for this and seems to be an airy figure quoted without any back up. Is there any grounding for such figures or is it just a whispering PR move?

Now with that off my chest, get back to the proper discussion. Hope Ronald MacDonald had fun filming it.

Ways NOT to compliment your girlfriend:

'You've completely ruined horses for me.'

Dr Sanchez

I know it's fantasy and all that bollocks but merely holding onto some dragon spikes isn't going to stop gravity and g force from knocking someone off the back of an in flight dragon quick smart. 

Daenerys holds the spikes with her 'third hand'. Jon struggles because he won't use his. He'll need some wildling muscle-relaxant broth first.

Quote from: Shameless Custard on April 16, 2019, 05:06:26 PM
Harsh comments about Maisie having a "moonface".

Chollis

Quote from: Dr Sanchez on April 17, 2019, 02:36:17 PM
I know it's fantasy and all that bollocks but merely holding onto some dragon spikes isn't going to stop gravity and g force from knocking someone off the back of an in flight dragon quick smart.

Yeah that was annoying. Put some fuckin reins on it or somethin you divs

BritishHobo

BritishHobo

Action Fish

I found the Night King's redecoration of Last Hearth quite striking. Not sure I'd have gone for Burnt Umber.

Ithangyew

Dr Sanchez

Did anyone see Dara "arrr, erm" O'Briain on Thronecast this week? What an insufferable unfunny windbag of a man. He's like Hodor minus nuance.

kidsick5000

I think Brann will probably thank Jaime for allowing him to become the three eyed raven possibly saving his life?

"Can you move me inside please. Everyone's just left me out here since yesterday morning"

NoSleep

Bran. Short for Brandon. Maybe you were thinking of Bronn?

Custard

Bronn and Brann, sitting in a tree
K I S S I N G
One's with some ladies, laying in his pants
The other can't act, and needs a wheelchair ramp

Mister Six

Is there much hard evidence for this though? Isn't the marriage element only known through Bran, whose boring monotone visions might not carry much weight in the courts of Westeros?

(BTW calling it now - Dany fucks off back to her empire across the water, Jon is declared king of Westeros but hands the reigns over to Sansa, she picks Tyrion to be her Hand even though he's not had anything useful to say or do for three seasons.)

NoSleep

Quote from: Mister Six on April 18, 2019, 07:16:49 AM
Is there much hard evidence for this though? Isn't the marriage element only known through Bran, whose boring monotone visions might not carry much weight in the courts of Westeros?

(BTW calling it now - Dany fucks off back to her empire across the water, Jon is declared king of Westeros but hands the reigns over to Sansa, she picks Tyrion to be her Hand even though he's not had anything useful to say or do for three seasons.)

The marriage is documented at the Citadel; hence Sam being the bringer of the news. Jon's lineage might depend upon the word of Bran, though; or maybe Ned's mate was witness - Howland Reed, who lives in the marshland (The Neck); the dad of the two (Meera & Jojen) who accompanied Bran & Hodor beyond the Wall. Howland accompanied Ned in the attempted rescue of Lyanna; only leaving with Jon.