Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:35:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed

Started by SteveDave, January 16, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: Shaky on June 08, 2019, 07:19:25 AMNot a massive surprise after that recent casting leak but Sigourney Weaver has just confirmed her participation in the new sequel... and it's sounding like Murray is probably on board as well.

Chances of this working are pretty slim yet I'm excited.

Yes, not expecting a masterpiece, but fingers crossed nonetheless. Meanwhile...

'Ghostbusters' Soundtrack Streaming For the First Time Ever, Featuring Previously Unreleased Tracks.

And ooh, look!:

'Ghostbusters' Fans Get Chance to Build Their Own Ectomobiles.

NEW PAGE GHOSTBUSTERS 3 WITH NO CHICKS ALLOWED TWAT.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Glebe on June 08, 2019, 04:55:55 PM
And ooh, look!:

'Ghostbusters' Fans Get Chance to Build Their Own Ectomobiles.

That does look nice! Funnily enough I just got a 1:24 scale Ecto 1 model yesterday. They still keep getting the colour of the storage tube on the roof wrong though, it has only been green since the car was refurbished in 2014, a movie-accurate version should be yellow.

magval

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on June 08, 2019, 01:22:23 PM
Ernie Hudson's best role was Leo Glynn in Oz. He was superb in that.

Ernie's fucking class in The Crow as well, especially the scene in his flat with his pants and cop hat on. He's brilliant.

mothman

Also: Congo. He was good fun in that.

McChesney Duntz

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shaky on June 08, 2019, 07:19:25 AM
Not a massive surprise after that recent casting leak but Sigourney Weaver has just confirmed her participation in the new sequel... and it's sounding like Murray is probably on board as well.

Yawn.  Who ya gonna call?  I don't know, mate but I quite honestly, I do not care.  Leave it well enough alone, for fuck's sake.  Sigourney Weaver is my favourite actress and Bill Murray is one of my favourite actors but seriously, leave it the fuck alone.  Stop prodding the horse with your golden shoe, for it is already dead.  There's bloody maggots on the thing, just look at it!  Not everything needs to be eternal.  Not every movie needs ten billion sequels.  Can we not just let things be?  Just for once.  I beg of you, Hollywood.  I beg of you!

St_Eddie

Oh and by the way, I said exactly the same thing about that shit stain of a remake but I got called misogynistic for my troubles.  Well, no.  I'm not a sexist.  I just hate pointless, money grabbing shite.  I'm nothing if not consistent.

What still hasn't had its in inevitable franchise reboot yet? Back to the Future seems like the obvious one. I think there's a Willy Wonka universe in the pipeline.

Replies From View

St_Eddie

Quote from: thecuriousorange on June 09, 2019, 02:40:18 PM
What still hasn't had its in inevitable franchise reboot yet? Back to the Future seems like the obvious one.

Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale have stated that there will be no remake of Back to the Future (nor a 4th movie in the series], as long as they're alive and kicking to gatekeep the series.  They control the rights and have zero interest in remaking it...

Quote from: Robert Zemeckis"There will never, ever be, in the most absolutely way, a Back to the Future 4.  There will be no more Back to the Future."

"[After we're dead] I'm sure they'll do it, unless there's a way our estates can stop it.  I mean, to me, [a remake is] outrageous. Especially since it's a good movie.  It's like saying 'Let's remake Citizen Kane. Who are we going to get to play Kane?'.  What folly, what insanity is that?  Why would anyone do that?"

mothman

I wonder what the longest gap between sequels is? 35 years between the Blade Runners? This could beat thast - if they want to ignore GB2, which they can't.

Now trying to think of a film that could have a 40-year or even 50-year sequel, from the 70s or 80s...

St_Eddie

Quote from: mothman on June 09, 2019, 06:09:47 PM
I wonder what the longest gap between sequels is? 35 years between the Blade Runners? This could beat thast - if they want to ignore GB2, which they can't.

Now trying to think of a film that could have a 40-year or even 50-year sequel, from the 70s or 80s...

Bambi was released in 1942.  Bambi II was released (albeit straight to DVD) in 2006.  That's a 63 year gap.

mothman

Interesting. Feels like cheating though, being an animated film with (I'm betting) few or none of even the original voice artists...

Replies From View

Between The Hustler and The Colour of Money was an entire 26 years of nothing.

Imagine that!!!

McChesney Duntz

Does it count when the sequel (or prequel in this case) involves none of the people from the original and is, sight-unseen, a reactionary and artistically null 'n' void pied a merde? 'Cause there's 43 years separating the original Easy Rider and, um, this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_Rider:_The_Ride_Back

mothman

I suppose technically, yes. But really anybody could do that. I think if some of the original personnel are involved, it's be better. 15 years separate the two Navarone films, there's no personnel in common, is Force 10 From actually a sequel to Guns Of? Not really, for all it references events from the film version which didn't happen in MacLean's original novel...

St_Eddie

If we're going by sequels with the same (or some of the same) cast, then Tron and Tron: Legacy would qualify, with a gap of 28 years between the two movies.

Bad Ambassador

Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns - 54 years and they both have Dick Van Dyke.

Bazooka

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 10, 2019, 08:46:09 AM
Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns - 54 years and they both have Dick Van Dyke.

They've all had Dick Van Dyke by the time I'm finished.

Icehaven

There was talk of a Drop Dead Fred remake starring none other than Russell Brand about 10 years ago but nothing seems to have come of it. Don't know if the original cries of ''sacrilege!!'' were amped up to unignorable levels by Rik Mayall dying but I like to think so, means there's at least one tiny glimmer of silver lining there.

Replies From View

Do The Wizard of Oz (1939) and Return to Oz (1985) exist within the same canon?  The gap is shorter than Mary Poppins and its sequel though.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on June 10, 2019, 01:58:50 PM
Do The Wizard of Oz (1939) and Return to Oz (1985) exist within the same canon?  The gap is shorter than Mary Poppins and its sequel though.

I don't think that they exist within the same canon.  One is a musical, the other isn't and also the design of the cowardly lion and the scarecrow are completely different.  Also, there's no returning cast members between the two.  Disqualification on technical grounds.

mothman

Think Bad Ambo may have the winner...

Glebe

The 2016 one was on Film4 last night. I didn't sit through the whole thing again, but it really doesn't work. There's some funny stuff, but not enough, and the ghosts are just annoying.

What about Fantasia (1940) and Fantasia 2000 (1999)?

St_Eddie

Quote from: mothman on June 10, 2019, 04:23:15 PM
Think Bad Ambo may have the winner...

I was going to nominate Mary Poppins Returns myself but I vetoed it because I thought that it didn't include any returning cast members.  I forgot about Dick Van Dyke.  Although, to be fair, he's playing a different character in the sequel.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 10, 2019, 05:11:47 PM
What about Fantasia (1940) and Fantasia 2000 (1999)?

Animated and no returning cast members (for obvious reasons).  Instant disqualification.

mothman

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 10, 2019, 05:21:23 PM
Although, to be fair, he's playing a different character in the sequel.

Wait, what? That leaves it open to a steward's enquiry at the very least.

St_Eddie

Replies From View

I can see why they cut out those 25 minutes of two men having a chat.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 10, 2019, 05:21:23 PM
I was going to nominate Mary Poppins Returns myself but I vetoed it because I thought that it didn't include any returning cast members.  I forgot about Dick Van Dyke.  Although, to be fair, he's playing a different character in the sequel.

He's playing the son of the character he played in the first one. Karen Dotrice also has a cameo, opposite Emily Mortimer as the adult version of her character.