Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,497
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed

Started by SteveDave, January 16, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 10, 2019, 11:04:41 PM
He's playing the son of the character he played in the first one. Karen Dotrice also has a cameo, opposite Emily Mortimer as the adult version of her character.

Ah, okay.  I wasn't aware of that.  However,  but it doesn't contradict what I said.  I'm just going by the rules, as set down by mothman.

Shaky

If different actors are playing the same characters at different stages of their lives - whether it's one year later or 50 years later - it's clearly a sequel! Mary Poppins Returns is definitely a follow-up to the 60's film. I mean, that's how it was marketed from the off.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shaky on June 11, 2019, 12:08:16 AM
If different actors are playing the same characters at different stages of their lives - whether it's one year later or 50 years later - it's clearly a sequel! Mary Poppins Returns is definitely a follow-up to the 60's film. I mean, that's how it was marketed from the off.

I agree completely.  It's 100% a sequel.  I only omitted it myself because I felt that it was in violation of mothman's (somewhat arbitrary) rules.  I'm certainly not trying to argue that it's not a sequel.  Heck, the following conversation took place between icehaven and myself, within the Mary Poppins Returns thread, back in January...

Quote from: icehaven on January 09, 2019, 03:49:55 PM
I'm a bit perturbed by this notion of remaking a musical with completely different songs...

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 09, 2019, 05:27:56 PM
You'd have thought that the title Mary Poppins Returns might have suggested to you that this isn't a remake.

olliebean

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 10, 2019, 11:04:41 PM
He's playing the son of the character he played in the first one.

The son of a character he played in the first one. Not of the main character he played in the first one.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: olliebean on June 11, 2019, 08:51:11 AM
The son of a character he played in the first one. Not of the main character he played in the first one.

Couldn't sleep, could you?

mothman

Quote from: St_Eddie on June 11, 2019, 12:13:25 AM
mothman's (somewhat arbitrary) rules

Look, I don't make the rules! I'm not even sure there are any rules! If anything it comes down to what FEELS like a sequel. Force 10 From Navarone or Wild Geese 2 (say) do not FEEL like sequels to their forebears. I'd bet that Easy Rider abomination doesn't either. To be honest BR2049 doesn't, sometimes. But if you think MPR does feel like a sequel, then fine. I've not seen it so I don't know.

Goldentony

are any of these unreeased scenes there the backstory on Ray getting chonged off by a fucking POLTERGEIST? I know the story but we need to actually see once and for all the lead up of Dan 'That Dan Aykroyd' Aykroyd from fucking Ghostbusters as he lives and breathes getting his big fat throbbing veiny scum blasting sweaty steaming cock firing cum all over the fucking place in 4K HD so we can see the skin tearing on the tip of his bellend as Winston walks in and gets a fucking visage full of deadly haunted sponk

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Goldentony on June 11, 2019, 06:08:52 PM
are any of these unreeased scenes there the backstory on Ray getting chonged off by a fucking POLTERGEIST? I know the story but we need to actually see once and for all the lead up of Dan 'That Dan Aykroyd' Aykroyd from fucking Ghostbusters as he lives and breathes getting his big fat throbbing veiny scum blasting sweaty steaming cock firing cum all over the fucking place in 4K HD so we can see the skin tearing on the tip of his bellend as Winston walks in and gets a fucking visage full of deadly haunted sponk

No but that's on the upcoming 35th Anniversary Blu Ray set.

Goldentony

finally a bit of fucking bukkake on ULTRA HD

Mister Six

What sounds like another minor supporting role for Carrie Coon. Good for her raking in the Hollywood dosh, but has she had a proper role since The Leftovers wrapped?

chveik

Quote from: Mister Six on June 28, 2019, 12:49:08 PM
What sounds like another minor supporting role for Carrie Coon. Good for her raking in the Hollywood dosh, but has she had a proper role since The Leftovers wrapped?

sadly no

Goldentony

Paul Rudd down, only Seth Rogen, Patton Oswalt and Sarah Silverman to go and the online discourse of 4 years ago SHALL COME TO PASS

McChesney Duntz

What sounds like another minor supporting role for Carrie Coon.

And until she changes her name to Carrie African-American, so shall it remain. How dare she.

St_Eddie

Goldentony

a ghost will get stoned, I guarantee you dickheads a ghost will get stoned and someone will say "can we just not with the ghosts"

mothman

Her and Jon Hamm should team up to do something. Get out of the post-career-defining-role doldrums.

Mister Six

Hamm seems to be quite happy fiddling around in nothingy supporting roles. If you counted, I'm guessing a third of his post-Mad Men jobs would have been playing himself in sitcoms or similar, and another third playing a seemingly significant character who gets killed/sidelined quickly.

SteveDave

Quote from: Goldentony on June 28, 2019, 04:01:11 PM
Paul Rudd down, only Seth Rogen, Patton Oswalt and Sarah Silverman to go and the online discourse of 4 years ago SHALL COME TO PASS

Rogen to play Sigourney Weaver's son all growed up?

Jim Bob

The title of the upcoming third Ghostbusters movie has been announced as Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

It'll be awful, I reckon.  I'm pretty sure that Sony Pictures greenlit it on the basis that it'll be like Stranger Things.  A script created in the interest of cashing in on the popularity of a different piece of media is not conducive to creating a worthwhile screenplay.  The studio executives have dollar signs in their eyes, not any kind of impetus to be creative and tell a worthwhile story.

A group of 14 and 15 year olds been handed down the proton packs of the original team and acting as the protagonists isn't what I ever wanted from a continuation of the series.  Then again, I don't want any kind of continuation at this point.  That boat has long since sailed.  When has a sequel, decades after the fact ever worked?  I'm being rhetorical, as I'm sure that there are a few exceptions to the rule but I doubt this movie will be one of them.  If nothing else, it's modern day Sony Pictures.  This movie is doomed.

Jim Bob

Also, that title is making me very suspicious that we'll be seeing a CGI Ghost Harold Ramis at the end of the movie, waving to the protagonists from beyond the grave and hugging his Son.

Bad Ambassador

chveik

Quote from: Jim Bob on December 03, 2019, 01:51:48 PM
The title of the upcoming third Ghostbusters movie has been announced as Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

, directed by Ricky Gervais

SteveDave

"The story follows a family moving back home to a small town where they begin to learn more about who they are and the secrets of the town itself."

It does sound like it's going to be "Stranger Things"

bgmnts

More like Paul W.S. Anderson

Ghosbusters: Afterlife
Ghostbusters: Retribution
Ghostbusters: The Final Chapter

Shaky

I for one am looking forward to this thread being engulfed by whinging and complaining in the run-up to the film's premiere next year.

Blumf

It was so much better when these things could quietly go straight to video.

Mister Six

Quote from: Shaky on December 03, 2019, 02:33:29 PM
I for one am looking forward to this thread being engulfed by whinging and complaining in the run-up to the film's premiere next year.

So much so that you're kicking it off already!