Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed

Started by SteveDave, January 16, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

That Netflix Ghostbusters documentary actually spells Aykroyd as Akroyd at one point on an image of a mocked up script. Also noticed that the ageing process has caused Aykroyd to develop a penis nose like the one he's got in Nothing But Trouble. Love it if he starts growing a conehead too.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see a trailer with the Ghostbusters in it.

Jim Bob

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 12, 2019, 01:59:01 PM
I'm going to reserve judgement until I see a trailer with the Ghostbusters in it.

As Jay from Red Letter Media said, they'll probably show up in the final moment of the next trailer for their "Chewie, we're home" moment.  I severely doubt that their actual role in the final movie will amount to much more than an extended cameo.  They probably won't even show up until the final act.  It's also worth noting that by all accounts, Bill Murray was only on location for the shoot for a couple of days, so he'll probably appear the least out of the three.

Glebe

Replies From View

I don't hate the trailers.  I think they seem to indicate a film with more promise than the 2016 remake.

If the new Star Wars is anything to go by, don't expect more than a quick cameo from the old guys.

Blumf

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 07, 2020, 07:27:21 PM
If the new Star Wars is anything to go by, don't expect more than a quick cameo from the old guys.

Will Winston get a medal?

idunnosomename

ghostbusters should have just been one film

olliebean

Anyone know anything about this?

QuoteCleanin' Up The Town: Remembering Ghostbusters, is the definitive retrospective documentary, charting the making of Ghostbusters, featuring Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson and Sigourney Weaver. The documentary hallmarks the extraordinary achievements made by the filmmakers working in the photo-chemical era. It reveals a story of ingenuity, innovation and emphasises just how ambitious an undertaking the making of Ghostbusters really was.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446678/

Jim Bob

Quote from: olliebean on January 08, 2020, 12:54:46 PM
Anyone know anything about this?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446678/

I've heard about it before.  It's one of those fan created documentaries, I believe (probably kickstarted).  There's loads of them these days for fan favourites.

This'll be so shit it'll slightly elevate the reuputations of Ghostbusters 2 and the 2016 one I reckon.

Jim Bob

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 09, 2020, 12:05:13 AM
This'll be so shit it'll slightly elevate the reuputations of Ghostbusters 2 and the 2016 one I reckon.

Well, I suppose Stranger Things have happened.

St_Eddie

Ghostbusters: Afterlife.  First look at the new Slimer called "Muncher".

EXEC#1: "Slimer was popular, so we need to come up with a new ghost that will be just as popular. Any ideas?"

EXEC #2: "Slimer was green, so we could make this ghost... blue."

EXEC #1: "Brilliant!"

EXEC #2: "Yeah, I know it but we need to make this even better than Slimer somehow. Hmm..."

EXEC #1: "Well, if two arms are cool, then... six arms will be 3 times as cool!"

EXEC #2: "Incredible, but what about the name? We can't just call him "Slimer II", lest people cotton on to our lack of originality."

EXEC #1: "Let's see... Slimer liked eating things, so this one could be called... Muncher!"

EXEC #2: "You've done it again! Gold! Pure gold! Man, we really earn our pay grade."

EXEC #1: "And how."

Mobius

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

EXEC #3: Aykroyd always said that Slimer was an affectionate tribute to Belushi, so this is keeping that "spirit" alive!

SFX: Chirruping crickets.

Shaky

Aw, I genuinely think this will be decent, if probably not stellar. The back references will be plentiful but Hudson let slip that the old boys do suit up again so I'll give it a pass just for that.

There's a review from a test screening floating around but trying to avoid that.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shaky on January 22, 2021, 04:11:47 AM
There's a review from a test screening floating around but trying to avoid that.

I had a look into this and if it's the same supposed leak which I just read, then it sounds like fabricated hogwash.  They had the plot as being all about the original team and barely any mention of the kids.  Total fanfiction, wishful thinking wankery, I reckon.

Shaky

Probably the same one. I read the first "reveal" then threw my laptop away.

Blumf

Quote from: St_Eddie on January 22, 2021, 02:09:33 AM
Ghostbusters: Afterlife.  First look at the new Slimer called "Muncher".

EXEC#1: "Slimer was popular, so we need to come up with a new ghost that will be just as popular. Any ideas?"

EXEC #2: "Slimer was green, so we could make this ghost... blue."

EXEC #1: "Brilliant!"

EXEC #2: "Yeah, I know it but we need to make this even better than Slimer somehow. Hmm..."

EXEC #1: "Well, if two arms are cool, then... six arms will be 3 times as cool!"

It's a fucking Tardigrade, just like in ST:Discovery!

What the fuck is going on? Was there a science module on them in Californian schools 20 odd years ago or something?

Bad Ambassador

St_Eddie

Quote from: Blumf on January 22, 2021, 10:13:47 AM

What the fuck is going on? Was there a science module on them in Californian schools 20 odd years ago or something?

There's a tardigrade monster in 10 Cloverfield Lane as well!

Custard

Apparently Ivan Reitman cried when he watched the film. Tears of joy or despair, we're yet to find out

It's despair.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Replies From View

Quote from: Blumf on January 22, 2021, 10:13:47 AM

Blue ghost will contrast expertly with, say, an orange background.

St_Eddie

The first clip from the movie has been released and oh, what a surprise; it's a fucking load of old shit, full of awful humour, 'member berries and terrible CGI, all presented via the medium of flat, TV episode quality cinematography.  Sony Pictures strikes again.

popcorn

Hmmm no that doesn't look great does it.

Kelvin

Jerzy Bondov

Honestly didn't seem that bad to me. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to watch the film.