Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed

Started by SteveDave, January 16, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

This'll be shit but better than the remake, I reckon

Don't hold me to it though

Bad Ambassador

It's not encouraging, is it? People complain about GBII being a retread of much of the first film, but it comes up with an interesting villain, macguffin and resolution. The second half of the film is excellent, and stands beside the first film comfortably.

Nothing in this looks terribly encouraging so far. Rehashing Stranger Things, bits people remember from the first film and naked appeals to fans of the original who were somehow disenfranchised by GB16. It won't be long before someone gets #ReleaseTheSlimerCut going.

Custard

It's been FIVE YEARS since the lady version? Blimey. That is absolutely nuts

popcorn

Yes, the ladies are all wizened hags now.

Bad Ambassador

As has been pointed out elsewhere, GBAL wrapped filming before The Mandalorian premiered, so it's unlikely that Baby Yoda was an influence. The difference though is that he's a proper character that drives the story and motivates the central character. The mini-pufts seem to exist exclusively to sell toys.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on April 09, 2021, 11:53:26 AM
As has been pointed out elsewhere, GBAL wrapped filming before The Mandalorian premiered, so it's unlikely that Baby Yoda was an influence. The difference though is that he's a proper character that drives the story and motivates the central character. The mini-pufts seem to exist exclusively to sell toys.

This could be the case.  It also may not be.  The movie was delayed and they've had plenty of time to do reshoots and the likes, particularly given that the vast majority of the shots in that released clip were CG characters on a live action backdrop with no human actors in shot with them - it's not inconceivable that the studio had a CG artist render a bunch more cute little Stay Puft shots for the movie in reaction to Baby Yoda.

Even if that's not the case and the plan was always for there to be Mini-Stay Pufts and in the quantity present in the released clip, it's pretty obvious why Sony Pictures chose that cilp to release first and that reason is the Baby Yoda craze.  It speaks volumes to their priorites.  Creativity and commerce is always a balancing act in a major Hollywood movie, but the pendulum seems to be swinging way far towards the commerce side of things with this one.  Whereas the original Ghostbusters had a great balance between the two, with a stronger emphasis on creativity over commerce.  It was certainly anything other than cynically created at any rate, which is not something that can be said for Ghostbusters: Afterlife, based upon what we've seen so far.

Goldentony

still nothing on anyone getting sucked off raw in this one ala the first

St_Eddie

Quote from: Goldentony on April 09, 2021, 05:52:27 PM
still nothing on anyone getting sucked off raw in this one ala the first

I doubt it because they can't really market 'getting sucked off by a ghost' action figures to kids.

Goldentony

ive seen people get sucked off to sleep in PG rated films before

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 09, 2021, 06:06:39 PM
I doubt it because they can't really market 'getting sucked off by a ghost' action figures to kids.

Loads of the little ghosts that came with the original Real Ghostbuster figures could double-up as penis caps and anal beads and things like this. 
Spoiler alert
And were marketed as such.
[close]

Replies From View

Quote from: Goldentony on April 09, 2021, 08:45:33 PM
ive seen people get sucked off to sleep in PG rated films before

PENIS GENITALS rated, I call it

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Replies From View on April 09, 2021, 09:58:45 PM
Loads of the little ghosts that came with the original Real Ghostbuster figures could double-up as penis caps and anal beads and things like this. 
Spoiler alert
And were marketed as such.
[close]
This is an obvious rip-off of Yoda

Replies From View

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on April 09, 2021, 10:05:15 PM
This is an obvious rip-off of Yoda

well as long as it's the adult yoda it's ok, right fellas!!!!!

"he said he was eighteen m'lud!!!!!"

Avril Lavigne

Can the thread title finally be changed to something less shit now that it's long been established one of the main characters in this movie is Egon's granddaughter?

madhair60

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on April 09, 2021, 10:50:32 PM
Can the thread title finally be changed to something less shit now that it's long been established one of the main characters in this movie is Egon's granddaughter?

That would upset the superfans.

chveik

Goldentony

'GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - DEFINITELY FUCKING SHIT' is my suggestion for the update

'GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - NEITHER SUCKIN' NOR FUCKIN'

beanheadmcginty

They've still got time to digitally replace all those little Stay Pufts with little Phil Collinses instead. They'd be REAL Ghost Busters, wouldn't they?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on April 09, 2021, 10:50:32 PM

I hope that you're looking forward to seeing the deep fake Harold Ramis because it's happening.  They cast the stand-in ages ago.  It's a thing.  Unfortunately.  Puppeteering the dead.  That's what they do now.  Still, won't it be heartwarming sickening when Egon waves at his Grandson from beyond the grave?  Pull the string!  Pull the string!

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 10, 2021, 01:22:59 AM
They've still got time to digitally replace all those little Stay Pufts with little Phil Collinses instead. They'd be REAL Ghost Busters, wouldn't they?

Finally!  An idea I can get behind!

Quote from: Replies From View on April 09, 2021, 10:26:06 PM
well as long as it's the adult yoda it's ok, right fellas!!!!!

"he said he was eighteen m'lud!!!!!"

When eighteen years old, you reach, look as fuckable, you will not.

Custard

The mini Stay Pufts are so cynical and uninspired that it's hilarious. It also makes no sense. Yet of course the knobheads on YouTube are lapping it up, as it's a thing that kinda recalls something they enjoyed that time in the past!!!1

"Remember that summer we got under the table?" - who talks like that?

I notice they're pushing Paul Rudd front and centre on this one, playing the character Paul Rudd, but I don't think even he will save this.

It's all so cynical, and desperate, and shit. Can't wait!

Chedney Honks

Hopefully this will be the first GBs film to capture the sensibility of the original cartoon, something none of the live-action movies ever managed to do.

madhair60

very sincerely want to know if and how it's rewarding for any of you to track every single development of a movie that you know will be a piece of shit

The last Ghostbusters film had a talented cast and few lines here and there raised a chuckle. I wish we were getting a new film focusing on Kate McKinnon's character instead.

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on April 10, 2021, 09:11:37 AM
very sincerely want to know if and how it's rewarding for any of you to track every single development of a movie that you know will be a piece of shit

hello!

it is called a moribund transportation clinic and there is a mobile version if you want to be hooked up

madhair60

Quote from: thecuriousorange on April 10, 2021, 09:19:27 AM
The last Ghostbusters film had a talented cast and few lines here and there raised a chuckle. I wish we were getting a new film focusing on Kate McKinnon's character instead.

I dunno, didn't Leslie Jones seem a bit on the tall side to you?

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on April 10, 2021, 09:11:37 AM

Why track Linehan's decent into madness, why detail the horrors of Derek, why talk about anything that's bad? It's just entertaining to talk about awful decisions, and discuss why they're getting made.   

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Goldentony on April 10, 2021, 12:46:33 AM
'GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - DEFINITELY FUCKING SHIT' is my suggestion for the update

Perfect!

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 10, 2021, 05:38:19 AM
I hope that you're looking forward to seeing the deep fake Harold Ramis because it's happening.  They cast the stand-in ages ago.

I'm unsure about that one for now Ed; if you're referring to Oliver Cooper I get the feeling he's actually playing Egon's son & the father of the new Kid Ghostbusters. IMDB lists him as playing someone called Elton. On the other hand, I won't be surprised if you turn out to be right because I can 100% see Sony boneheadedly attempting to make Ghost Egon the big emotional moment of the movie. Hell, maybe Oliver Cooper is playing Spengler Jr AND being used as a deepfake model. "Maybe it's both. Maybe both is happenin' at the same time," to quote Forrest Gump, the O.G. deepfake movie.

madhair60

Quote from: Kelvin on April 10, 2021, 10:33:04 AM
Why track Linehan's decent into madness, why detail the horrors of Derek, why talk about anything that's bad? It's just entertaining to talk about awful decisions, and discuss why they're getting made.

in the face of that very convincing equivalence i am left chastened.