Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:58:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed

Started by SteveDave, January 16, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: Goldentony on April 11, 2021, 03:17:59 AM
is anyone getting sucked off in this one

I grew up watching a VHS of Ghostbusters, recorded off TV.  The spook blowjob scene was omitted from that TV edit.  Many years later, I saw the proper cut on DVD and was shocked by the inclusion of that scene.  I think it's a bad scene, but I do wonder how much of that is down to just not being used to seeing it.  Mind you, I had a similar experience with The Goonies and I loved the added filth when I finally watched the uncut edit, so I suspect the spook blowjob scene is just bad.

FUN FACT: Speaking of said scene, it was a shot salvaged from a deleted scene...

QuoteRay Stantz was in the Fort Detmerring Single Officers' Quarters, a painstakingly restored period room with a four poster bed, writing table and wardrobe hung with uniforms. Ray tried on an officer's uniform and modeled in front of a full-length mirror, striking a few heroic poses. He then tested out the bed and quickly fell asleep from exhaustion. A uniform sleeve moved slightly. A sabre in its sheath began to tap lightly against the open doorsash. A phosphorescent light streaked out in between gaps in the clothing, casting patterns over the room.

Ray's P.K.E. Meter went off. Stantz rolled over. From inside the attire, a pink mist rose up and took on a human form. It hovered above Ray and seemed to look over Ray. Ray, still asleep, rolled onto his back. The mist slithered through the curtains of the bed post and slowly descended. The ghost appeared to be a beautiful young woman. She was face to face with Ray then moved down past his waist. Ray woke up and propped himself up. The ghost vanished.

Ray's belt was undone and his zipper slowly opened. Ray's confusion turned to pleasure. Meanwhile, Winston Zeddemore was walking in the corridor outside smoking a cigarette. He heard voices and went up to the door. Winston asked Ray if everything was okay. Ray quickly yelled, "Later, Man!!" Winston shrugged and slunk away.

greenman

I'm guessing intended to feature at the point were the montage came in? maybe a iittle latter as it involved Winston? ultimately though I think the film shifting from "how they got started" to being focused on the Goza plot and Peck as fast as possible was probably a good thing even without judgement on that scenes taste or lack of it.

As far as forum policing goes it does tend to seem you get it from both ends, a fear of being either too geeky or pretentious, some people I otherwise get along with do seem to love to jump in with the putdowns for either and it does I think rather limit discussion here towards rather offhand name dropping, everyone seemingly looking to make it clear they don't actually care about anything too much.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Can we get back to calling each other pus-filled cunts that give oral to dog turds already

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 11, 2021, 12:34:18 AM
Look, madhair, you're a nice person.  That is not in dispute.  At the same time, you ought to be called out upon the occasions that you spout bullshit and attempt to silence the discussion, no?

When someone gets told off and then admits they were wrong and apologises, as madhair did, it's bad form to come in almost half a day later to needle them about what they originally said in order to dredge it all up again, as you did. It makes it look like you couldn't resist the small satisfaction of jabbing at an already contrite person, which comes off as petty.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 11, 2021, 04:06:47 AM
Just realised that we never find out what happened to the Stantz-nosher ghost.

Originally there was going to be a scene set after the main plot had wrapped up showing Stantz returning to Fort Detmerring with a bunch of flowers, to suggest that they've become an item.

frajer

A slimed Statue of Liberty sucks off Stay Puft and envelops all of Noo Yoik in white goo.

Who can save the city and appease the mayor? Only Ray Stantz and his new wife Blowjob Ghost.

Jerzy Bondov

I was in the pilot episode of Most Haunted but they edited me out because I kept trying to get the ghosts to suck my penis

beanheadmcginty

Is this why people tend to use vacuum cleaners as proton packs when they dress up as Ghostbusters? So they can have a cheeky simul-polter-nosh?

C_Larence

Quote from: Goldentony on April 11, 2021, 03:17:59 AM
is anyone getting sucked off in this one

Depends if my girlfriend will see it at the cinema with me or not.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on April 11, 2021, 09:21:59 AM
Originally there was going to be a scene set after the main plot had wrapped up showing Stantz returning to Fort Detmerring with a bunch of flowers, to suggest that they've become an item.

Fascinating.  I'd never heard that before.

BritishHobo

If Jason Reitman has any balls, the big twist will be that this is actually set in the Answer The Call universe, and the kids are
Spoiler alert
Melissa McCarthy's grandchildren
[close]

MojoJojo

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 11, 2021, 04:06:47 AM
Just realised that we never find out what happened to the Stantz-nosher ghost. I mean, they are Ghostbusters so it's their job to bust this ghost, and it would look very unprofessional if any potential clients found out their HQ was haunted (imagine if you found out the Rentokil man had a house full of rats). However, this ghost is dishing out strings-free unsolicited noshes from the comfort of your own bed. Surprised this quandary didn't bring the film to a complete standstill.

Putting aside all the deleted scene stuff, isn't it just supposed to be a dream in the final edit?

It's a bit bizarre how it doesn't stand out more. It really makes no sense in the context of the film. Can you just put anything in a montage and it will "work"?

Mister Six

Maybe not anything, but it's a really short scene and you're quickly swept off to other things. Also it still works as a bit of characterisation showing what an odd manchild Ray is.

Where does it come - no pun intended - in the montage? Towards the end? I could see it working as a closing gag - "Wait, what the--? Oh, that bit was a dream! Cute twist. Okay, moving on..."

St_Eddie

Quote from: MojoJojo on April 12, 2021, 12:15:07 PM
Putting aside all the deleted scene stuff, isn't it just supposed to be a dream in the final edit?

It's a bit bizarre how it doesn't stand out more. It really makes no sense in the context of the film. Can you just put anything in a montage and it will "work"?

That moment is indeed repurposed as a dream of Ray's in the final edit.  I also agree that it doesn't really work as such.  It's what TV Tropes would classify as a 'Big-Lipped Alligator Moment'.

An tSaoi

Is that why he's dressed as Napoleon or someone?

St_Eddie

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 12, 2021, 03:00:34 PM
Is that why he's dressed as Napoleon or someone?

In the original scene which that moment was taken from, Ray finds an officer's uniform in Fort Detmerring and tries it on.

An tSaoi

Why did they keep it in the film without context? Did they just need material for the montage? Did they think the gag was too got not to use?

It raises so many questions.

Edit: somehow I missed your quoted text at the top of the page which explains it.

St_Eddie

Ivan Reitman shares the Mini-Staypuft clip from Ghostbusters: Afterlife with Bill Murray.

"That's got the feel."

One can only presume that Murray thought that he was watching a clip from a new Minions sequel.

Thomas

The feel of a percentage of box office profits.

beanheadmcginty

My main issue with them is that the Staypuft Marshmallow Man is meant to be the brand mascot, not the product itself. The marshmallows themselves are just normal shaped marshmallows (as seen amongst Dana's shopping in the first film). This is like a load of Jolly Green Giants emerging from a can of sweetcorn.

Chedney Honks

Can't wait for this, it's going to be brilliant.

chveik

Goldentony

Bill Murray's got to be smart enough to just say anything for the cash and hassle free experience of it all. The rest I can see somehow believing this might be good, I mean apart from Ernie Hudson whos been to the top and way way fucking beneath the mountain so knows his way around total shit too.

Anyway this is gonna be great, if it's the same characters that means Ray getting his cock sucked off by an evil fucking ghost until he shot cum all over is canon

Mister Six

Helvetica Scenario

Surely the new clip is just going to be a dream sequence as well? Paul Rudd's character haunted or obsessed with Mr. Stay Puft after witnessing the events of the first film as a kid?

Goldentony

so Paul Rudd is going to gdet sucked off raw nasty by Marshmallow Man?

I can't wait to watch the scene with the original gang's cameo on YouTube.

Helvetica Scenario

Quote from: Goldentony on April 24, 2021, 05:30:11 PM
so Paul Rudd is going to gdet sucked off raw nasty by Marshmallow Man?

Who hasn't dreamt about that?

beanheadmcginty

"He's a sailor. He's in New York..."

frajer