Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:06:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed

Started by SteveDave, January 16, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

No I think he is just into aliens and crystal skulls and shit

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I love Dan Aykroyd, but I've just watched an interview with him. He really does believe in this supernatural bullshit. I've always been aware of that, he's an eccentric bloke, but fuck's sake, Dan. People die and that's that. We need to grieve. You're not helping.

chveik

what's the point of ghostbustin if there ain't no ghosts

FredNurke

Makes you feel good, or so I hear.

Glebe

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 21, 2021, 12:22:48 AMI love Dan Aykroyd, but I've just watched an interview with him. He really does believe in this supernatural bullshit. I've always been aware of that, he's an eccentric bloke, but fuck's sake, Dan. People die and that's that. We need to grieve. You're not helping.

Aw no! Existential crisis ahoy!

Replies From View

Quote from: chveik on May 21, 2021, 12:28:40 AM
what's the point of ghostbustin if there ain't no ghosts

Preventative innit

Blumf

Would the Ghostbusters be responsible for dealing with non-ghost related weirdness, like wolfmen, or Frankensteins?

An tSaoi

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 21, 2021, 12:22:48 AM
I love Dan Aykroyd, but I've just watched an interview with him. He really does believe in this supernatural bullshit. I've always been aware of that, he's an eccentric bloke, but fuck's sake, Dan. People die and that's that. We need to grieve. You're not helping.

I understand he comes from a family of "Spritists". His grandfather was a real-life ghostbuster. Well, obviously he wasn't, you know what I mean. So it's not just old Dan going kooky in his old age; he's was raised in this kind of of thing.

I've heard his vodka is actually good.

SteveDave

frajer

Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters, Trading Places, Grosse Pointe Blank (bingbingbang popcorn!)... I reckon Aykroyd's earned a lifetime pass to shill skull-encased vodka and gas about ghosts and UFOs for as long as he has the breath to do so.

As others have said, he's admirably upfront and unabashed about it. I remember someone (wish I could recall who but it's gone) on a podcast saying they got the chance to interview Aykroyd and he was more than happy to talk about all his old films for 20 mins, then at the appropriate timepoint he politely but firmly switched gears to "okay, we talk about the vodka now."

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Blumf on May 21, 2021, 10:00:58 AM
Would the Ghostbusters be responsible for dealing with non-ghost related weirdness, like wolfmen, or Frankensteins?
You can't suck up a wolfman in a vacuum cleaner. Although in the TV series they apparently had to deal with a genie, the Bo(o)gieman, the Sandman, nondescript monsters, and middle-eastern gods. That show is canon, right?

McChesney Duntz

No, but this one is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4-Io8xMHL4

(Genius move: get a gorilla in the cast but name one of the humans "Kong.")

Yeah, if Aykroyd wants to believe in a load of old hooey, then he's perfectly entitled to do so. I was being a tad over-earnest in my previous post - Aykroyd isn't actually harming anyone with his beliefs, he's not exploiting vulnerable people for monetary gain. He just thinks ghosts are an actual thing and, as An tSaoi says, given his family background that's hardly surprising.

I suppose he could've gone the other route and rejected it all entirely, a rebellion against the hokum he was taught to accept as a child, but then we wouldn't have Ghostbusters. And that would never do.

beanheadmcginty

To be fair, I'd also have a lifelong fascination with ghosts if I'd actually been sucked off by one.

Replies From View

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 21, 2021, 10:45:45 AM
I understand he comes from a family of "Spritists". His grandfather was a real-life ghostbuster. Well, obviously he wasn't, you know what I mean. So it's not just old Dan going kooky in his old age; he's was raised in this kind of of thing.

I've heard his vodka is actually good.

sprite in it

Replies From View

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 23, 2021, 02:48:25 PM
State of this

https://www.bradford.co.uk/ghostbusterscuckooclockbge.html

QuoteThis 1.5 foot unique clock is handcast and handpainted to enhance every detail, from the team's classic expressions to their memorable uniforms, proton packs and the Ecto-1 parked under the No-Ghost sign

The fact they had faces.

madhair60

madhair60

Quote from: madhair60 on July 27, 2021, 04:52:57 PM
fuck sake

Why? It looks like it might be... quite good?

I know it won't be.

chveik

nice to see carrie coon getting that stupid money

madhair60

when there's stupid cunts
wanting the same old shit
who're you gonna call
SONY PICTURES

St_Eddie

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 27, 2021, 04:47:13 PM
New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR-WxNVLZhQ

Yep, preciously what I was expecting; a Stranger Things rip-off three years too late and a bunch of 'member berries.

Chedney Honks

Having watched Ghostbusters earlier this week, this looks more interesting to me than the other recent one with Wiig and McKinnon. That had an amazing cast but the script and performances were very average.

This could easily be as good as the original film.