Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed

Started by SteveDave, January 16, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancake

Nice seeing the crybabies in the comments of the AV Club review

Chedney Honks

They should have just called it Ghostbusters, in my opinion. That would have been great.

JesusAndYourBush

At least it's not actually called Ghostbusters 3, because the 2016 one should have been Ghostbusters 3 and this new one should have been Ghostbusters 4, but now they've done away with the number it doesn't matter.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on October 12, 2021, 11:10:46 AM
Aw man, that is so depressing when you see people with zelda tattoos and shit. It's like they're saying "Most folk grow as people through their lives and change so much that they'll look back at their old selves, sometimes in as short as 5 or 10 years time and that person is almost unrecognisable, but me, that's it, I'm done growing. This'll be me now until I die. I have reached peak zelda fan, my sole defining characteristic. Time for the tattoo."

do you like, not approve of people getting of tattoos of things they liked before they were 20? i have a lil twin peaks tattoo and i liked that when i was 16 and i'm not sure it's that different. pivotal things and interests at an early point in your life can be defining moments for you and it's normal to want to pay tribute to that i think

idunnosomename

QuoteConsider the casual cowardice of a script that uses its own mythology to subtly erase 2016's all-gals reboot from the canon, giving the rage-choked trolls carpet-bombing IMDb with zero-star ratings the vindication they've always craved.

lol very guardian. i just gave a scathingly bad 1 star review to this film, but when you did it was wrong, peons

i must clarify im sure I think this thing sucks, just curious how bad it will be because I enjoying watching pop culture rot

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on October 12, 2021, 04:10:05 PM
do you like, not approve of people getting of tattoos of things they liked before they were 20? i have a lil twin peaks tattoo and i liked that when i was 16 and i'm not sure it's that different. pivotal things and interests at an early point in your life can be defining moments for you and it's normal to want to pay tribute to that i think

Hey, I'm not judging anyone, just letting my mouth run and I think I'd instantly think better of anyone who had a twin peaks tattoo :D
I'm sure we all did something at 16 that we'd rather not have a permanent record of. Being into twin peaks is a good thing.
There are a few things I'd gladly have a tattoo of. I just talk like that sometimes because it's more fun and it gets a discussion going.
Is it the little owly ring symbol? That's cool.

mothman

Quote from: Pancake on October 12, 2021, 02:58:52 PM
Nice seeing the crybabies in the comments of the AV Club review

Summarise?

madhair60

Quote from: mothman on October 12, 2021, 06:41:40 PM
Summarise?

"i bet you liked the one with the uncinematically tall bitches"

Goldentony

I don't usually do it but I read the replies to that Guardian review because it's spot on and a good amount of the responders are clinging to the tiniest of shitty ledges by hammering that point about erasing the 2016 film back to the reviwer as bias or whatever else, mad

this looks dogshit, it's more backdoor pilot shit for toys and spin offs, arse wank

mothman

Quote from: madhair60 on October 12, 2021, 06:59:29 PM
"i bet you liked the one with the uncinematically tall bitches"

Ta. So anyone who likes this is being assumed to like the 2016 version?

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Goldentony on October 12, 2021, 07:15:09 PM
this looks dogshit, it's more backdoor pilot shit for toys and spin offs, arse wank

By this logic, Gobots must also be wank.

Mister Six

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 12, 2021, 05:18:15 PM
lol very guardian. i just gave a scathingly bad 1 star review to this film, but when you did it was wrong, peons

i must clarify im sure I think this thing sucks, just curious how bad it will be because I enjoying watching pop culture rot

The Guardian thinking that the most important thing for this film to achieve is maintaining the continuity of an extremely poor film that happened to star four women just because it would spite online trolls is the most middle-class liberal thing I've encountered in a while.

Goldentony

Quote from: Chedney Honks on October 12, 2021, 07:32:55 PM
By this logic, Gobots must also be wank.

Tom Scioli's Gobots comic is pretty good. Remember a mate looking me in the eyes deadly serious once and telling me to never ever revisit M.A.S.K. like he did. I can only imagine Gobots to be similar. Visionaries, Skeleton Warriors, the lot.

Glebe

Quote from: Shameless Custard on October 10, 2021, 07:57:45 PMI hated the wimmin one, not cos it had wimmin in it, I like wimmin, but cos it was a pile of shit

Yeah, a waste of great talent. Just wasn't very funny or scary. That's the thing about the original; it was genuinely scary (certainly for a 'family film'). That scene with that small dragon at an Ozzy Osbourne gig in the 2016 film, fuck me.

mothman

Quote from: mothman on October 12, 2021, 07:23:53 PM
Ta. So anyone who likes this is being assumed to like the 2016 version?

I think I may have got this question the wrong way round. I think I meant "anyone who hates this"?

GoblinAhFuckScary

chveik

let's hope for you it doesn't turn into a fash symbol

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: chveik on October 13, 2021, 02:00:33 AM
let's hope for you it doesn't turn into a fash symbol

oh wait i think i've had this conversation here before. it's erm... close to one. it's not the same obviously but it's close. NOT the same tho. HONESTLY

idunnosomename

Quote from: Mister Six on October 12, 2021, 07:48:51 PM
The Guardian thinking that the most important thing for this film to achieve is maintaining the continuity of an extremely poor film that happened to star four women just because it would spite online trolls is the most middle-class liberal thing I've encountered in a while.
over and over it's been stated that all four leads are great performers, they were just given total dogshit to work with. But in the liberal journo mind it's still AHHH MYSOGNIST  TROLLS IN THEIR MOMS BASEMENT.

This sort of simplistic feminism is why the Guardian has such a problem with transphobia. Melted-brain simpletons.

Can I just shock you? I like the 2016 Ghostbusters.

That doesn't mean I love it. Kate McKinnon and Kristen Wiig still managed to be good, in what was a 7/10 film. Kate McKinnon in particular was really funny in it. I've certainly sat through worse things

Liked the bit where Kate McKinnon licked the gun like a cock.

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on October 12, 2021, 11:40:02 PM
how did you know lol

Haha, well it's understated and tasteful. I couldn't imagine you having a big screaming Bob face across your back!

Quote from: thecuriousorange on October 13, 2021, 11:33:03 AM
I'd like to think we're a bit better than that.

I see, so it's perfectly acceptable for people to enjoy the bit where Ray gets noshed off by a female ghost, but it's not acceptable to enjoy the bit where Stoltz, an LGBTQ+ woman, is sucking off a gun.

Preserving the patriarchy under the guise of feminism? I'd like to think we're a bit better than that.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 13, 2021, 11:59:27 AM
I see, so it's perfectly acceptable for people to enjoy the bit where Ray gets noshed off by a female ghost, but it's not acceptable to enjoy the bit where Stoltz, an LGBTQ+ woman, is sucking off a gun.

Preserving the patriarchy under the guise of feminism? I'd like to think we're a bit better than that.

Hopefully we've reached a point now where we can approve of all sucking off.

Mister Six

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 13, 2021, 10:21:44 AM
over and over it's been stated that all four leads are great performers, they were just given total dogshit to work with.

Given that the film is in large part improvised, that is kind of a de facto criticism of the leads. But yeah, there should have been a strong script to start with, and if there was, it doesn't come across in the film - which is the fault of Paul Feig, not the cast.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Mister Six on October 13, 2021, 02:33:36 PM
Given that the film is in large part improvised, that is kind of a de facto criticism of the leads. But yeah, there should have been a strong script to start with, and if there was, it doesn't come across in the film - which is the fault of Paul Feig, not the cast.

the main point is that anyone who has had anything at all to do with snl in the past few decades are terminally unfunny. it's a snl movie. shit. for. cunts

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on October 13, 2021, 02:39:17 PM
the main point is that anyone who has had anything at all to do with snl in the past few decades are terminally unfunny. it's a snl movie. shit. for. cunts
Wiig being given carte blanche to improv-shit all over several movies for a few years there is a weird thing. McKinnon is her superior in every way, so I hope she gets a vehicle worthy of her soon.

(no argument about most of the SNL cast over the years, but there are a few diamonds in the rough, usually those people who quit after a few years)