Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:09:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed

Started by SteveDave, January 16, 2019, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

we need to go back to the age when being an SNL movie was something you'd hide from advertising

mothman

Don't SNL films have a spectacularly low hit rate? Not sure how many there have been but they usually seem to flop (and are invariably terrible, to boot).

Mister Six

There are good SNL films - the two Wayne's Worlds, The Blues Brothers,

um.

Goldentony

Macgruber's supposed to be good too which puts them level with Police Academy films

Old Nehamkin

I'll always hold a candle for Coneheads.

Goldentony

never seen it but 90s Dan Aykroyd is territory for the nutter

Quote from: Pancake on October 12, 2021, 02:57:07 PM
Never going to see this infantile shit but I'd be less annoyed by its existence if it was called like Afterlife or something, own it's own space in the world but pertained to Ghostbusters, that's a nice formula actually, like how Prometheus is clearly an Alien film without being Aliens: Afterlife or whatever (I'm aware that Alien: Covenant kind of fucked up that nice little separate arc)

I'd like to see more sequels that don't mention the original in their titles.

The Colour of Ectoplasm

Replies From View

Plazm

with the z as some kind of inexplicable logo within the title

Custard

Hmm, that's ok, but I think I'd prefer to see a Ghostbuster getting a nosh

Mister Six

Was that ever in doubt? One or two scenes where they come in to hold the fort while the kids save the day, then a bit of a coda, probably. Can't imagine Bill Murray being arsed to do much more than that, unless it was being directed by Wes Anderson or Jim Jarmusch.

Replies From View

Maybe their appearance at the end will be setting up the rest of the franchise with just them

Nah, it's cats and dogs with proton packs strapped to their backs next time round.
Men, women, children, pets. Where next is the big question!

Quote from: Shameless Custard on October 14, 2021, 07:24:00 PM
Hmm, that's ok, but I think I'd prefer to see a Ghostbuster getting a nosh

The ghostbursters are kids now, you monster!
Don't worry, I have it on good authority that that slimer gobbling the hydrant is a tease, a wink to the true fans, to say "don't worry, we've got your back".
The climax of the film is gonna blow your socks off!

Custard

Be so great if it ended in a massive ghosts n Ghostbusters orgy

But only oral sex please

chveik

Is it called Ghostbusters because it's about busting in a ghost's mouth after being sucked off to completion by a ghost