Author Topic: Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed  (Read 56970 times)

Re: Ghostbusters 3: No Chicks Allowed
« Reply #900 on: August 24, 2021, 02:54:53 PM »
Excessive punctuation

« Reply #901 on: August 24, 2021, 02:57:43 PM »
Excessive punctuation

better than NO punctuation..

« Reply #902 on: August 24, 2021, 03:26:27 PM »
I wasn't going to to say anything but we know it's you doing the silent-but-violents.

« Reply #903 on: August 24, 2021, 03:55:59 PM »
better than NO punctuation..

Is it?!?!??!

« Reply #904 on: August 24, 2021, 05:41:16 PM »
if this is good I will fuck my father, this is how confident I am of it being really good

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #905 on: August 24, 2021, 09:07:41 PM »
Yeah well, fucking Comic-cons, they could show 90 minutes of dogs shitting and still get 90 minutes of overweight Americans (in t-shirts, shorts, and athletic socks pulled up halfway to their armpits) going “WOOOOO!” in return.

Replies From View

• Rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.
  • Golden Member
  • Gargoyles have milk bags.
« Reply #906 on: August 25, 2021, 06:49:03 AM »
In my mind ‘comic cons’ still means a really shitty font.  It doesn’t matter how many times I internally correct myself.

« Reply #907 on: October 09, 2021, 09:46:06 PM »

beanheadmcginty

• I'm gonna ring-rang-a-dong for a holiday
« Reply #908 on: October 09, 2021, 10:22:07 PM »
Can't be bothered to read those reviews but I'd like to know if any of them hint at there being any spectral blowies in this.

« Reply #909 on: October 09, 2021, 10:48:47 PM »
be good to know if anyone gets sucked off in this, especially before anyone who wants to go buys a ticket

madhair60

• ころねすきー
  • Golden Member
  • Thank you forever
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #910 on: October 09, 2021, 10:54:40 PM »
Empire is the worst shit ever written tbf

Replies From View

• Golden Member
« Reply #911 on: October 10, 2021, 09:19:44 AM »
I award this film 5 blow-offs out of 5, and when I say “blow-offs” I mean blow jobs

« Reply #912 on: October 10, 2021, 09:25:41 AM »
Sounds like it's going to be a pretty successful and entertaining film which will no doubt cause mass hysteria among 'the real' Ghostbusters fans. Cats and dogs living side by side having a great time. Too bad. I really hope it's successful and I'll certainly be going to watch it a few times.

Replies From View

• Golden Member
« Reply #913 on: October 10, 2021, 09:28:46 AM »
I’ll certainly give it a gander on putlocker 👍

Old Nehamkin

• You won, Jane.
« Reply #914 on: October 10, 2021, 10:11:55 AM »
Sounds like it's going to be a pretty successful and entertaining film which will no doubt cause mass hysteria among 'the real' Ghostbusters fans. Cats and dogs living side by side having a great time. Too bad. I really hope it's successful and I'll certainly be going to watch it a few times.

I've got to admit I've lost track of which side is which in the ongoing Ghostbusters reboot culture war. Are "the real" Ghostbusters fans the same ones who got mad about the 2016 movie, and if so shouldn't they be happy that this new one is chucking all that in the bin, restoring the original timeline and making Bill Murray stick on a proton pack again? Or have the lines been redrawn around some new point of contention?

Anyway, I still think this looks a bit shit and I suspect if Ghostbusters doesn't fizzle out completely after this then it's destined to go into Terminator territory where they just attempt a new misguided relaunch every 5 years or so for the rest of time.

« Reply #915 on: October 10, 2021, 10:12:11 AM »
I am pretty sceptical of both Empire and AV Club. The former often seems like its reviews are paid for and I often disagree with the latter, sometimes to the point of wondering if we have seen the same film judging by some of the comments in the reviews

« Reply #916 on: October 10, 2021, 10:18:08 AM »
I've got to admit I've lost track of which side is which in the ongoing Ghostbusters reboot culture war.

I don't know or care. I just know that any fans of anything who take this stuff seriously deserve all the unhappiness and torment it brings them. Get a grip.

« Reply #917 on: October 10, 2021, 10:55:18 AM »
Gaming forums are great for this!
All these things that you thought were just bubblegum entertainment from your childhood that you haven't thought about in 30 years, it's like you've walked into this alternate reality where flubber is held up as the pinnacle of cinema and spoken of in hushed tones.
Live your life. Move on. Don't watch jurassic park again, it was dogshit the first time round.

« Reply #918 on: October 10, 2021, 11:13:33 AM »
i need to know if gregg is muncher

« Reply #919 on: October 10, 2021, 12:20:18 PM »
Gaming forums are great for this!
All these things that you thought were just bubblegum entertainment from your childhood that you haven't thought about in 30 years, it's like you've walked into this alternate reality where flubber is held up as the pinnacle of cinema and spoken of in hushed tones.
Live your life. Move on. Don't watch jurassic park again, it was dogshit the first time round.

I agree with every word, except I like JP for what it is.

And that's why I converted my bedroom into Isla Nuba 2 and threaten journalists.

« Reply #920 on: October 10, 2021, 12:38:19 PM »
Haha.
Well, I can understand people having a fondness for the first one, but I've seen grown men lauding the entire franchise and arguing over which film deserves the distinction of "second best jurassic park film".

GoblinAhFuckScary

• Jess Phillips
« Reply #921 on: October 10, 2021, 12:40:21 PM »
grown men get hobby which isn't just consuming childrens media CHALLENGE

beanheadmcginty

• I'm gonna ring-rang-a-dong for a holiday
« Reply #922 on: October 10, 2021, 01:35:24 PM »
If you watch the original one these days it will absolutely blow your mind how much everyone is smoking cigarettes. I swear a tobacco company must have been involved somewhere in the production. I will only accept this new one if all the children are constantly lighting up delicious cancer sticks in every single scene.

Mister Six

• Golden Member
  • Feeling like Lemon Ken
« Reply #923 on: October 10, 2021, 02:31:14 PM »
Sounds like it's going to be a pretty successful and entertaining film which will no doubt cause mass hysteria among 'the real' Ghostbusters fans.

How will fans of Filmation's Ghostbusters react?

Ant Farm Keyboard

• 60 percent of the time, it works every time
« Reply #924 on: October 10, 2021, 04:56:37 PM »
I am pretty sceptical of both Empire and AV Club. The former often seems like its reviews are paid for and I often disagree with the latter, sometimes to the point of wondering if we have seen the same film judging by some of the comments in the reviews

The film section of the AV Club hasn't been the same since the original crew left to start The Dissolve, which lasted two years. They replaced them with a couple of recruits, and the most interesting one, by miles, was Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, who is now a freelancer.
The head of the film section, A.A. Dowd, is quite predictable, and was giving most blockbusters a B-, until the last few months, where it's turned into a C+ or a C.

And I don't know who writes the headlines for the reviews, but they're getting very formulaic.
"No Time To Die is a sentimental, unsatisfying end to the Daniel Craig era of James Bond"
Then, one week later
"Ghostbusters: Afterlife is a dispiriting nostalgia exercise"
They've been heavily into the "is a" as of late. But the staff is now quite small anyway due to corporate decisions by G/O Media, their current owner.

chveik

• crazy bit of business
« Reply #925 on: October 10, 2021, 04:58:11 PM »
i won't watch it obviously but i can't wait to get my hands on some sexy muncher paraphernalia

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #926 on: October 10, 2021, 07:57:45 PM »
I hated the wimmin one, not cos it had wimmin in it, I like wimmin, but cos it was a pile of shit

Though I think I'd still find it funny if this one was even worse

It'd be funny, wouldn't it?

« Reply #927 on: October 10, 2021, 08:25:43 PM »
The film section of the AV Club hasn't been the same since the original crew left to start The Dissolve, which lasted two years. They replaced them with a couple of recruits, and the most interesting one, by miles, was Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, who is now a freelancer.
The head of the film section, A.A. Dowd, is quite predictable, and was giving most blockbusters a B-, until the last few months, where it's turned into a C+ or a C.

Ha, I was just about to say the same thing, I rarely find myself agreeing with Dowd and the only post Dissolve writer I've liked was Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, so it's incredibly frustrating that he's not the main critic and Dowd is.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #928 on: October 10, 2021, 09:36:55 PM »
I liked the look of the teaser trailer for this, but the more of it I’ve seen since the less I can be arsed. I can’t have rewatched the first film in 30 years. I’ve only seen the second once. Never seen the third. I guess Ghostbusters just isn’t my thing.

« Reply #929 on: October 10, 2021, 10:21:04 PM »
Adam Savage from Mythbusters was gushing over it, after seeing it at Comicon, so I guess that's a good thing, but had my money on this being a massive stinker

Tags: