Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#Cancelled 2019

Started by Noodle Lizard, January 16, 2019, 09:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habitat or BHS?

Habitat please, buster.
0 (0%)
BHS please, buster.
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Petey Pate

Quote from: thenoise on January 17, 2019, 10:02:41 AM
Has Jordan Peterson been cancelled yet?

Still pending, but he has admitted to being accused of sexual misconduct in the past.

Quote from: Jordan PetersonAt my workplace, at the university, I've been warned innumerable times not to have a discussion with a student—male or female, but it's the females that are often [served?] in this particular rule—with the door shut. And that's—that's not like, six months ago, that's not like three months ago. That's like, advice from the last fifteen years. But I don't listen to that, because I think "sorry, I'm not living that way". But, these things are tense. They're tense. And we won't talk about them intelligently and maturely.

Y'know, I've also been accused three times in my career of sexual impropriety. Baseless accusations. And the last one really tangled me up for a whole year. It's not entertaining. So there's plenty to be sorted out, but like I said already, we live in the delusion of a thirteen year old adolescent girl. And so, as long as we maintain that level of sophistication, we're not gonna have a real conversation about what rules should govern men and women in the workplace. So, you can't even open the damn discussion without being jumped on by uh, y'know, uh—a ray of like, rabid harpies.

phantom_power

"We live in the delusion of a thirteen year old adolescent girl". What does that mean? That we are all part of a thirteen year old girl's delusion? Or that it is a delusion that a 13 year old girl is an adolescent?

And I like him talking about having a nuanced discussion about relationships between men and women in the workplace while using the phrase "being jumping on by an array of rabid harpies"

garbed_attic

I think experiencing a (consensual) pegging would be the best thing that could happen to Peterson, frankly.

thenoise

Quotesorry, I'm not living that way

I BET YOU ARENT PETERSON YOU DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS.

Mister Six

Quote from: phantom_power on January 17, 2019, 10:28:50 AM
"We live in the delusion of a thirteen year old adolescent girl". What does that mean? That we are all part of a thirteen year old girl's delusion? Or that it is a delusion that a 13 year old girl is an adolescent?

Sounds like he dropped some acid while wanking to St Elsewhere.

Nowhere Man

All of this yet the man in my avatar has been cancelled 6000 times and has only grown stronger.

hummingofevil

Can my 10th choice be this guy from Maroon 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJOTlE1K90k

Absolutely convinced he's getting cancelled after shit like this. Definite case.

bgmnts

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 17, 2019, 08:43:56 PM

Absolutely convinced he's getting cancelled after shit like this. Definite case.

Would
Would
Would
Would
After a few
Would
Would
Wouldnt touch with a barge pole
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Fuck yes.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on January 16, 2019, 10:11:40 PM
Richard Osman
Judd Apatow or someone in his stable
Jerry Seinfeld
Adam Sandler
Ellen DeGeneres somehow
Tony Robinson
Albert Brooks
Chris Rock
Chris Pratt

Chris Rock got cancelled last month for allowing Louis CK to say the N-word in 2011. Ellen teetered on cancellation when she spoke on behalf of the gay community to forgive Kevin Hart. She also did a pretty tone-deaf International Men's Day "tribute", but that didn't go further than a few pissed off tweets.

I reckon Russell Brand would be a fair shout. He paints himself as a sensitive spiritual individual now, but there's plenty of his old activities that could be dragged out. Some bits of this compilation, for instance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Ld92qNFoM

phantom_power

I think we need to differentiate between a Twitter cancelling and a proper one. No-one gives a shit about Chris Rock getting called out by arseholes.

Thursday

Quote from: phantom_power on January 17, 2019, 10:18:11 PM
I think we need to differentiate between a Twitter cancelling and a proper one. No-one gives a shit about Chris Rock getting called out by arseholes.

Eh? Twitter/social media is where all cancelling happens.(the thread even has a hashtag in the title) What's a proper cancelling then?

hummingofevil

Quote from: Thursday on January 17, 2019, 10:23:02 PM
Eh? Twitter/social media is where all cancelling happens. What's a proper cancelling then?

If Limmy calls it would be a fairly amusing way to keep this fair.

hummingofevil

Quote from: bgmnts on January 17, 2019, 10:04:15 PM
Would
Would
Would
Would
After a few
Would
Would
Wouldnt touch with a barge pole
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Would
Fuck yes.

She's 13 years old. #cancelledtofuck

Ferris

Drake
Matt LeBlanc
Lena Dunham
Stephen Fry
Jim Carey

Paul Calf

Quote from: hummingofevil on January 17, 2019, 08:43:56 PM

Thanks. You've reminded me of how utterly fucking worthless Maroon 5 are.

Does Stanhope count? Has he been #cancelled already? Would he even notice?

phantom_power

Quote from: Thursday on January 17, 2019, 10:23:02 PM
Eh? Twitter/social media is where all cancelling happens.(the thread even has a hashtag in the title) What's a proper cancelling then?

Ones where the average person on the street might actually give a shit. Kevin Spacey for instance. Or have I misunderstood the thread?

Paul Calf

Cuellar

Terry Crews - absolutely ripe for a cancellation. Seems so wholesome.
Ariana Grande
Krishnan Guru Murthy

phantom_power

Quote from: Cuellar on January 18, 2019, 10:38:26 AM
Terry Crews - absolutely ripe for a cancellation. Seems so wholesome.

I think he is cancel proof. He has already admitted to cheating on his wife in the past and has been a victim of sexual harassment himself

Cuellar

Hmmm true.

Alright scratch him.

Cuellar

king_tubby

Neil Gaiman
Ben Elton
Will Arnett
Gary Lineker
Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

EOLAN

Right - don't know how this works but here we go

Lin Manuel-Miranda
Eddie Murphy
Lady Gaga
Clint Eastwood
Jimmy Nail
Rachel Bloom
Kirsten Gillibrand
Diane Abbott
Marcelo Bielsa
Ariana Grande

garbed_attic

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 18, 2019, 04:39:13 AM
Lena Dunham

Either she's already been cancelled or she's uncancellable.

phantom_power

She managed to survive all the other cancellings, the latest being having been hired to write a film about Palestinian refugees (as opposed to having someone with any sort of insight or experience of that) so I think it is the latter, somehow