Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:52:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Imagine being Matthew Horne now

Started by Noodle Lizard, January 16, 2019, 11:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

"On 20 December 2018 Horne was struck by a train as he was crossing the railway line near to his parents home in Burton Joyce, Nottinghamshire."

thenoise

"...Horne was said not to have been injured."

He is tougher than he looks.  or was it a toy train?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I wonder if he still does the top button up on his shirts like a mentaloid.

thenoise

Corden is also desperately unfunny, but he had the decency to have a mental breakdown after Horne and Corden's critical slating, and has publicly apologised for the presumably dreadful film 'Lesbian Vampire Killers' (did anyone take one for the team and sit through it?) It opens up the possibility that one day he will do the decent thing and apologise for everything he has done subsequently (and, indeed, in the future).

touchingcloth

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thenoise on January 16, 2019, 11:44:05 PM
Corden is also desperately unfunny, but he had the decency to have a mental breakdown after Horne and Corden's critical slating, and has publicly apologised for the presumably dreadful film 'Lesbian Vampire Killers' (did anyone take one for the team and sit through it?) It opens up the possibility that one day he will do the decent thing and apologise for everything he has done subsequently (and, indeed, in the future).

Yeah but on the other hand Horne has sort of fucked off.

thenoise

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The song "Horny", gets much, much less horny when you replace every instance of Horny in the lyrics to Horne

touchingcloth

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 16, 2019, 11:54:39 PM
The song "Horny", gets much, much less horny when you replace every instance of Horny in the lyrics to Horne

I find "horny" quite an unhorny word, so it actually makes it more horny. Not horny in absolute terms, just more than the original.

Imagine if Alex Horne sang it, ho ho.

Cerys

'Horny' was his nickname in school, so there's that.

Replies From View

Hardon Gordon, I called him.  He was basically Kevin Bishop, as far as I could tell.

His double act partner is named Gorging Corden and if you look closely you can see why (he is a fat fuck).

Separately:  shite
Together:  shite

St_Eddie

Quote from: thenoise on January 16, 2019, 11:44:05 PM

Yes.

Paul McGann must have been skint that week.

Alberon

I was at a Rob Brydon gig shortly after Lesbian Vampire Killers was released. Corden showed up as an unannounced guest and answered a few questions about the then upcoming Gavin and Stacey series.

But what I most remember is that shortly after he arrived on stage Rob asked him if he'd seen any good films lately causing Corden to wince, laugh and call Brydon a bastard.

timebug

A friend was watching the utterly dire TV version of 'Agatha Raisin' t'other day when I called round,
and Matthew Horne is in that apparently.Playing a bewildered gay bloke who is a friend of the title
character. I saw a few minutes and the entire production looked piss poor and hastily thrown together.

Paul Calf

Horne reminds me a great deal of a vanilla version of Martin Freeman. Even in this current pit of his career Freeman can still land lucrative Vodafone adverts.

phantom_power

On the advice of this thread I imagined being Matthew Horne and am now in hospital with severe head injuries. Thanks Noodle Lizard

Alberon

Shouldn't have tried to headbutt a train.

Remember, Matthew Horne is indestructible. You are not.

Replies From View

Small Man Big Horse

He's just been cast in the Dad's Army The Lost Episodes sort of remake, so it'll be interesting if the curse strikes that lot as well. Given that Kevin Eldon's also in the cast I am naturally terrified that it will.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on January 17, 2019, 10:11:25 AM
Horne reminds me a great deal of a vanilla version of Martin Freeman. Even in this current pit of his career Freeman can still land lucrative Vodafone adverts.
And here they both are doing their thing.

Is Freeman in a pit? He was in Black Panther last year shooting down spaceships.

St_Eddie

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 17, 2019, 10:51:06 AM
He's just been cast in the Dad's Army The Lost Episodes sort of remake, so it'll be interesting if the curse strikes that lot as well. Given that Kevin Eldon's also in the cast I am naturally terrified that it will.

What curse?

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 17, 2019, 11:27:32 AM
What curse?
The Dad's Army curse! Many of the actors from Dad's Army have died. A very similar curse has sadly claimed the lives of the entire cast of the original performance of The Tempest, and indeed everyone who saw it.

Cuellar

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 17, 2019, 11:31:11 AM
The Dad's Army curse! Many of the actors from Dad's Army have died.

The only reason Pike's still alive is because he didn't tell the grim reaper his name

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Nowhere Man on January 17, 2019, 11:50:07 AM
The only reason Pike's still alive is because he didn't tell the grim reaper his name

And Frank Williams who played the vicar, Timothy Farthing. Telling?