Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:58:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Day Today at 25

Started by DrGreggles, January 17, 2019, 10:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 13, 2019, 09:41:04 PM
I wasn't sure it was him, but did a google image search.

It looks like he's coming out of his 'older Dennis from IASIP' phase.

I don't mean I didn't recognise him. I mean I didn't notice him. I went back to look when he was mentioned and realised, bloody hell, there's another person in the middle that I didn't even see before.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 13, 2019, 10:29:51 PM
How could they have all dined together without attracting the attention of basically everyone?

Would most people recognise the reunited cast of The Day Today if they saw them dining in a restaurant (or anywhere else for that matter)? Coogan is properly famous and Front is a well-known TV face, but I would imagine that most of their fellow diners probably thought nothing more than "Oh look it's Alan Partridge and her off the telly having dinner with some mates."

Tikwid

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 13, 2019, 08:06:20 AM

Pretty amazing to think this counts as a sort of Partridge reunion as well. AP, Tony Hayers, Peter Baxendale-Thomas, Forbes McAlister, Shona McGough, Sue Lewis, and Ray Woollard! (What the heck, call it a Saturday Night Armistice reunion-plus if you want.)

famethrowa

Quote from: Tikwid on February 13, 2019, 11:15:34 PM
Pretty amazing to think this counts as a sort of Partridge reunion as well. AP, Tony Hayers, Peter Baxendale-Thomas, Forbes McAlister, Shona McGough, Sue Lewis, and Ray Woollard! (What the heck, call it a Saturday Night Armistice reunion-plus if you want.)

and M. Cirque de Clune

Phil_A

How come Morris appears to've aged the least out of all them? What's he doing that none of the others are?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Phil_A on February 14, 2019, 12:22:39 AM
How come Morris appears to've aged the least out of all them? What's he doing that none of the others are?

Working on just one project every ten years probably helps.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Phil_A on February 14, 2019, 12:22:39 AM

The lovely Doon...fair maiden still.

KennyMonster

Norton Canes

Quote from: Blumf on February 13, 2019, 01:45:53 PM
That is nice. Any idea which eating establishment it was?

It's Peter Baynham's front room.

greencalx

Quote from: olliebean on February 13, 2019, 09:26:28 PM
Weird thing is, he's right there in the middle but I didn't even notice Marber.

Likewise. First time I saw the pic I clocked Coogan and Morris straight away, and then had to check that both Front and Mackichan were both there. It was only when I read this comment that I realised I hadn't noticed Marber!

BlodwynPig

Neville Chamberlain

That picture's made me all tear up! *sob*

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on February 14, 2019, 02:56:44 PM
That picture's made me all tear up! *sob*

Don't worry, a new generation of vitriolic but immensely talented and funny satirists will emerge in their wake.

The thing is that

Menu

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on February 14, 2019, 12:38:09 AM
Working on just one project every ten years probably helps.

How can he afford to do that? Did he really make that much money in the 90s? I suppose he is quite posh to begin with.

Glebe

Absolutely fantastic.

Quote from: Tikwid on February 13, 2019, 11:15:34 PMPretty amazing to think this counts as a sort of Partridge reunion as well. AP, Tony Hayers, Peter Baxendale-Thomas, Forbes McAlister, Shona McGough, Sue Lewis, and Ray Woollard! (What the heck, call it a Saturday Night Armistice reunion-plus if you want.)

"Michael, I've got the pistols!"

Bazooka

Quote from: Menu on February 14, 2019, 07:32:31 PM
How can he afford to do that? Did he really make that much money in the 90s? I suppose he is quite posh to begin with.

Could have invested in property or dildos.

DrGreggles

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I can't believe how far apart 10 years seemed but the next 15 has just felt like it flew by.

I think TDT dated more in the first 10 years than since then.

SteveDave

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 14, 2019, 08:05:06 AM
It's Peter Baynham's front room.

They're enjoying a plate of Extras.

That's what he calls Extra Strong Mints.

Pancake

Dead Johnny Walker with a hole in the back of his head just out of shot

Glebe

greencalx

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 15, 2019, 12:50:56 PM
I can't believe how far apart 10 years seemed but the next 15 has just felt like it flew by.

I think TDT dated more in the first 10 years than since then.

Maybe that's because the political references became somewhat redundant after the 97 election, but TV news was yet to become the pastiche of TDT that it is now.

Glebe

McChesney Duntz

I suppose it's wrong to get preemptively excited at the revelation in the Guardian Coogan interview that much of the talk during the TDT dinner wound up being about a possible reunion project. I'm sure it is wrong. So I won't. But fuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkk...

petril

during my anniversary rewatch, at the end of episode 5(the one where it's war,) I think I spotted a paedophile lurking. be alert.

interesting to see that one, discrete thing was lifted and turned into a part of something else when they did Brass Eye

BlodwynPig

Quote from: petrilTanaka on February 19, 2019, 09:02:41 PM
during my anniversary rewatch, at the end of episode 5(the one where it's war,) I think I spotted a paedophile lurking. be alert.

interesting to see that one, discrete thing was lifted and turned into a part of something else when they did Brass Eye

??

petril

Chriddof

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 19, 2019, 09:03:49 PM
??

The weird clapping-behind-then-in-front motion that Morris is making at the center of that GIF was used in the Special, I think.

EDIT

Oh, for fuck's sake, I didn't click on that link.