Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:17:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People who can't be #Cancelled

Started by thecuriousorange, January 17, 2019, 10:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

imitationleather

chveik

Liam Neeson, people seem to love him too much. He made some dismissive remarks about #metoo, calling it a witch hunt, but everyone was just like "Awwwww Liam Neeson".

I assume Elisabeth Moss is bulletproof. Nobody ever mentions that she's a Scientologist.

Golden E. Pump

Homer Simpson and family, apparently.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Jerry Lee Lewis. Everyone knows that he married his underage cousin, but nobody seems to care because apparently they like his one song that much.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 17, 2019, 10:53:49 PM
Jerry Lee Lewis. Everyone knows that he married his underage cousin, but nobody seems to care because apparently they like his one song that much.

Chuck Berry carted someone over state lines as well but I'm not throwing any lp's in the skip.

a duncandisorderly

Golden E. Pump

Mr_Simnock

Brian Blessed
Michelle Obama
Michael Palin
Chris Packham
David Attenborough

edit: what the fuck is wrong with my browser, i have to press enter twice to get to a new line in a thread reply

Sin Agog

Alex Jones.  He'd just tell his audience that elites at Bohemian Grove resurrected a zombie J. Edgar Hoover from the grave in a voodoo ritual to plant false evidence against him. And they'd believe him.

popcorn

Quote from: bgmnts on January 17, 2019, 11:28:36 PM
Limmy

He is pretty indestructible, isn't he? He's positioned himself so completely outside that world of discourse he'd have to do something pretty horrendous to actually lose credibility.

biggytitbo

phantom_power

Donald Fucking Trump, no matter what he does
Boris Fucking Johnson, no matter what he does
Theresa Fucking May, not matter what she doesn't do

Cuellar

Quote from: popcorn on January 18, 2019, 12:54:41 AM
He is pretty indestructible, isn't he? He's positioned himself so completely outside that world of discourse he'd have to do something pretty horrendous to actually lose credibility.

Yeah, he's couched things so securely in irony that I don't think he could do anything (beyond noncing someone/murder etc.). He can tweet that thing about people laughing at Trump serving junk food being 'middle class leftie classism' or whatever knowing full well that lefties won't take it at face value (at least, lefties who are fans of his). And if they do they don't know him well enough for him to care about them 'cancelling' him.

The one thing he did tweet that I saw people genuinely getting annoyed about it in the replies, and people who might normally be on his side, was when he said something about Tommy Robinson being in prison and 'hoping nothing bad happens to him, good looking guy like him' - folks were going on about it being a 'lol gay rape' joke. He obviously didn't care though.

That's the key to a cancellation - the cancellee needs to be in real jeopardy. See Ru Paul and her trans related semi-cancellation - could have been devastating to her brand.

Limmy's like Barnardine in Measure for Measure - on  death row but doesn't give a fuck.

NoSleep

phantom_power

Everyone was doing it then. If you got Bowie you would have to #cancel the whole 70s

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Cuellar on January 18, 2019, 10:33:27 AM
See Ru Paul and her trans related semi-cancellation - could have been devastating to her brand.

His brand.

Cuellar

Bronzy

Quote from: NoSleep on January 18, 2019, 10:36:09 AM
Despite the underage sex?

that's what i was referring to, people talked about it around the time that he died and the consensus seemed to be "nah, just let us have this one"