Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People who can't be #Cancelled

Started by thecuriousorange, January 17, 2019, 10:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Quote from: Crabwalk on January 18, 2019, 04:47:51 PM
I don't think it should all be dragged up again. I just didn't want that (unintentional, I'm sure) mischaracterisation of Rachel to be hanging there unchallenged.

Yeah backing this up, because I've also been put off him by the way all that happened.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: popcorn on January 18, 2019, 12:54:41 AM
He is pretty indestructible, isn't he? He's positioned himself so completely outside that world of discourse he'd have to do something pretty horrendous to actually lose credibility.

I saw him say something that the more hand-wavey parts of twitter deemed problematic or reactionary but all they could muster was 'I didn't know he was supposed to be a comedian'.

Limmy hears you, Limmy doesn't give a fuck.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: mr. logic on January 18, 2019, 05:48:04 PM
Eminem pretty much got away with describing a gay man as a faggot last year. Obviously, he's got away with that word in the past too, but he's supposed to be a hero of the left these days, with his Trump bashing.

Plausible deniability is it's part of 'rap culture' or some bollocks. He's got form for it, but I guess it's similar to that CK Routine where it means 'wetty' rather than 'homosexual'. Unpleasant though.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't go around calling people 'benders' or describe things I don't like as 'gay'.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Cuellar on January 18, 2019, 04:23:38 PM
Nah, Stephen Fry is ripe for a cancelling. You felt the tremors when he said that stupid thing about MPs expenses. And given that he's always been a vocal 'You've got no right NOT to be offended' guy, it surely can't be long before a full on cancellation occurs.

I know of at least one incident of inappropriate behaviour involving Fry which leads me to believe that it's only a matter of time till reports of accusations. It was told to me second hand so I'd rather not go into any detail here in case its libellous.

What is in the public domain are his dismissive comments about Operation Yewtree and abuse victims, which have not let to him being #cancelled.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: chveik on January 18, 2019, 04:23:46 PM
Woody Allen

His latest and probably final film has been sitting on the shelf for over a year, and I can't imagine the distributor, Amazon, being in any great hurry to rectify that situation. Who's going to fund him now? Woody Allen has been cancelled.