Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Losing stuff

Started by Brian Freeze, January 18, 2019, 01:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Currently having a freaky run of losing various replacements of the same item i.e. 4 beanies (the last one days after buying it).  It's mad i'm not sure how I have managed to do it.

jobotic

Every year I buy the same black beanie from Mountain Warehouse (or maybe that other one) and every year I lose it. Must have bought five now and I don't have any.

MojoJojo

In theory, Tile remembers where you were when you were last in bluetooth range of the tile, and I think it also records if anyone else with the tile software gets in bluetooth range, so if everyone used it that might be quite effective. But my experience from several years ago are they are a bit shit.

Icehaven

I'm quite good at losing, replacing, then finding certain things too, which is why I have about 4 umbrellas and 10 pairs of poundshop sunglasses.

Quote from: jobotic on January 18, 2019, 02:47:45 PM
Every year I buy the same black beanie from Mountain Warehouse (or maybe that other one) and every year I lose it. Must have bought five now and I don't have any.
You've said it yourself, your buying the SAME black Beanie, Mountain WAtehouse are pinching it then selling it back to you.

PlanktonSideburns

Used to be an absolute bell end, seems to have stopped now.

What's the biggest thing you've lost? I lost my double bass for a week once

Jumblegraws

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 18, 2019, 04:05:31 PM
Used to be an absolute bell end, seems to have stopped now.

What's the biggest thing you've lost? I lost my double bass for a week once
If we're counting things we later found, I lost my car for a few hours once.

I lost an inflatable killer whale when I was a kid.

Car keys have been the most expensive to replace, so they were figuratively the biggest thing I've lost I think.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The will to live, orbviously.

Icehaven

A friend of mine came a whisker away from getting fired a few years after leaving not one, not two but three work laptops on trains. After the second one he was formally warned and told if it happened again he'd be gone, and luckily for him with the third one he managed to get it back before he had to tell his boss as the kindly rail staff found it and put it on a train back. Worst thing was he was (and still is miraculously) an NHS project manager so there wrr patient records on there and everything, the donut.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: icehaven on January 18, 2019, 06:35:40 PM
A friend of mine came a whisker away from getting fired a few years after leaving not one, not two but three work laptops on trains.

Your friend's employers seem a bit tardy on the old disciplinary procedure, there.

non capisco

Lost a load of pingers at Daft Punk at the Wireless Festival 2008 or whenever it was so while all my mates were rhapsodising about it and still bollock on about how it was the greatest gig they've ever seen to this day I still think it was just two wazzocks in crash helmets looping 'Release The Beast' by Breakwater for an hour and a half.

Lost Oliver

Lost a Lacoste polo shirt when I was 20 and I'm still looking for it. My dad bought it for me when I was 16 because I was going to a birthday party for some rich person so needed to be kitted out in something that wasn't a hand me down. Even now I balk at the £50 he paid. £50 man, for a top!

No idea where it went but I remember it disappearing just as that kind of apparel got fashionable.

Here's a pic of me enjoying it at the age of 20.

Bazooka

What is wrong with you people, check you have said item before your brain gives in.

Sebastian Cobb

A friend of mine came a whisker away from getting fired a few years after leaving not one, not two but three work laptops on trains. After the second one he was formally warned and told if it happened again he'd be gone, and luckily for him with the third one he managed to get it back before he had to tell his boss as the kindly rail staff found it and put it on a train back. Worst thing was he was (and still is miraculously) an NHS project manager so there wrr patient records on there and everything, the donut.

When I was working my notice at my last place, about a week to go I left my laptop in a pub (it was with me because I was on-call and had been on a road trip during the day). Thought I'd bought it home and been robbed at first but called the pub and got it back. I was in late but that's better than saying you've lost a laptop.

I also once chucked a bag of frozen soup in my bag and it defrosted and leaked into the on-call phone, but it was a £20 Nokia so I swapped it rather than looking like an imbecile.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bazooka on January 22, 2019, 02:26:00 PM
What is wrong with you people, check you have said item before your brain gives in.

Alright, Ice Cube.

Dex Sawash

Zetetic

Worst thing was he was (and still is miraculously) an NHS project manager so there wrr patient records on there and everything, the donut.
If the laptop's storage isn't encrypted, then there's presumably several people in an IT department somewhere who are grossly negligent.