Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Creatures you have accidentally destroyed

Started by madhair60, January 18, 2019, 11:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Stood fully on a frog in the dark. Made a surprisingly loud bang. Exploded frog.

Which animals have you inadvertently wiped from the very face of this hell earth?

phantom_power

Stepping a slug or snail in bare feet is always fun on an autumn evening

kittens

Blinder Data

Can't wait till someone posts about destroying a proper animal like a dog or cat and gets #cancelled

phantom_power

I hit a bird that swooped right in front of me as I was driving once and it shit me up so bad I can't even imagine what it would be like to hit a cat, dog or deer

Blinder Data

Thinking about it, rabbits probably. Although you never what that bump sound is after you spot them in the road ahead of you. It COULD be a small pebble. It COULD be

Icehaven

Endicott

Konki

Once, when walking back from the pub after closing time one night, I had the misfortune to pass a fox that had been hit by a car. It was laying in the road with its guts hanging half out. As I got closer I could see it was still breathing and moving its head about. The poor fucker must have been in agony. I couldn't leave it like that so searched around for something with which to put it out of its misery.

After about a minute of searching I settled on a 'For Sale' sign from a front garden just down the road. I wrenched it from the ground and headed back for the fox. Mercifully the creature had passed away in the meantime. Its distress was over and I was spared the grizzly deed of dispatching it.

Then, thinking about the prospect of how much mess it would make once more cars went past spreading it across the tarmac, I very quickly turned the sign I was holding into a makeshift spoon, scooped the lad up and deposited him into a nearby garden. To this day I'm still not sure if I did the right thing.

bgmnts

Quote from: Blinder Data on January 18, 2019, 11:41:23 AM
Thinking about it, rabbits probably. Although you never what that bump sound is after you spot them in the road ahead of you. It COULD be a small pebble. It COULD be

I've heard that rabbits have the worst death rattles in existence but i'm too scared to youtube it.

Kelvin

Got out of a pool in France, put my shoes on, but they were soaking wet through, so clumsily staggered up the stony path back to where we were staying.

Got inside, and took them off to dry. Turns out it wasn't the tongue of the shoe that was soaking wet. It was the largest slug I've ever seen which had climbed inside my shoe and been mashed around my bare feet and toes like wet dough as I hopped merrily up the long path. My feet were covered in it's thick, luminous orange guts.

My parents genuinely thought I was being attacked, I was screaming so hysterically.

Jerzy Bondov

WALLOP bird on A390

WALLOP rabbit on A38

WALLOP different bird on different stretch of A390

and the funniest thing is I was travelling on foot

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I hit a bird with a rock by accident, we were just lobbing them into the River Humber and it took bit of height to find the water from the foreshore. Fair to say it absolutely mullered the fucking knob.

I sometimes wonder what it may have accomplished in its life. Done some shits. Shagged a bird. Pecked at a carcass. Done the one thing all humans will never know the feeling off doing but that a bird can do (paedophilia)
RIP you stupid noughties beast of the air.

Beagle 2

The path I took to cycle to my mate's house when I was a kid would be carpeted by snails at a certain time of the year. It was just a relentless cacophony of exploding gastropods, their sticky brittle snaps of expiration filling the warm evening air. Best summer of my life.

Attila

Quote from: Konki on January 18, 2019, 12:55:00 PM
Once, when walking back from the pub after closing time one night, I had the misfortune to pass a fox that had been hit by a car. It was laying in the road with its guts hanging half out. As I got closer I could see it was still breathing and moving its head about. The poor fucker must have been in agony. I couldn't leave it like that so searched around for something with which to put it out of its misery.

After about a minute of searching I settled on a 'For Sale' sign from a front garden just down the road. I wrenched it from the ground and headed back for the fox. Mercifully the creature had passed away in the meantime. Its distress was over and I was spared the grizzly deed of dispatching it.

Then, thinking about the prospect of how much mess it would make once more cars went past spreading it across the tarmac, I very quickly turned the sign I was holding into a makeshift spoon, scooped the lad up and deposited him into a nearby garden. To this day I'm still not sure if I did the right thing.

I've moved dead small birds and mice off the path I walk from the railway station to my dept office every day, so that they aren't continually flattened by bikes and that...there's undergrowth and ivy and stuff growing nearby, so I put them there. I suppose it's a bit daft and sentimental, but I can't leave them there.

PlanktonSideburns

Xmas day took dog for walk in snow, dog was barking furious at a wriggly tin sheet on floor, I kick over the sheet, dog pounces, practically inhales a rather shocked looking shrew, whuuum gone in an instant.

Threw bird in air after it had stunned it's self getting stuck in a greenhouse - thought it was ready to fly, was still concussed. Bird goes up, bird goes down, slam bird done

This was years ago, should probably stop putting that on my cv

biggytitbo

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 18, 2019, 01:49:15 PM
WALLOP bird on A390

WALLOP rabbit on A38

WALLOP different bird on different stretch of A390

and the funniest thing is I was travelling on foot

You always carry a cricket bat with you don't you.

I killed a woodlouse in 1987. Still haven't got over the guilt. Was also with a cricket bat.

kittens

imagine killing a big whale. bazooka to the baleen. fly your spaceship down it's blowhole and detonate the core. drive a lorry on it off the white cliffs of dover.

Blue Jam

I DESTROYED Cathy Newman on HER OWN SHOW because I am SMART MAN

Noonling

I squashed a moth in 2006 then dreamt my dying aunt was that moth. My aunt died later that month...I've never killed a moth since.

imitationleather

Never done it but I have often thought about what would happen if an economy-sized jar of olives slipped out of my hands as I was inspecting the label for E numbers while my missus was below me getting a tin of kidney beans out of a cupboard.

Noonling

Quote from: imitationleather on January 18, 2019, 04:40:37 PM
Never done it but I have often thought about what would happen if an economy-sized jar of olives slipped out of my hands as I was inspecting the label for E numbers while my missus was below me getting a tin of kidney beans out of a cupboard.

That post sounds like Exhibit A for the court.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Fed a boxer dog a Kit Kat. Dead a week later.

Happily, the boxer is still alive, though.

imitationleather

Quote from: Noonling on January 18, 2019, 04:41:26 PM
That post sounds like Exhibit A for the court.

"And then I picked it up to remove it from her crown and butterfingers! It slipped again. This happened fourteen or fifteen more times before I established a firm grip."

biggytitbo

Quote from: kittens on January 18, 2019, 03:56:36 PM
imagine killing a big whale.

With a cricket bat? Might take a while, but that's half the fun isn't it?

shiftwork2

Two rabbits, one pigeon and a pheasant.  Extremely unpleasant experiences.  Belting game pie though.

mothman

Ran over a tiny bunny in Jersey. And I was trying to avoid it too. I've felt guilty ever since.

Pingers

I whipped a butterfly to death when I was 5.

Brian Freeze

Saved a shrew from a cat and then squashed it to death under the big planter it had gone behind to hide. Sorry dude.

I have hit a couple of birds with a car. But was driving like a total bell end at the time so calling it accidental seems wrong.