Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

friday join slimming world

Started by madhair60, January 18, 2019, 01:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

anyone here ever done it? do they just basically make fun of your fat body?

Sebastian Cobb

Naw. That reminds me, I've got a half hour between trains in Carlisle later. Is there a pub?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

They will dangle new computer games and classic wrestling matches in front of you while you sweat out your nervous system in the effort to walk very very slowly to keep up with a supermarket conveyor belt

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sorry - I've since researched the matter further and they won't be doing that.

Seagullsim

Yeah, I go. It's all largely bollocks - they're pushing a carb-heavy diet onto you, and do a real hard-sell on the products in the meeting. According to their 'healthy you' plan, I could eat steak, bacon, and sweet potato fries 3 times a day forever, and still lose weight.

The woman who runs my session also gets really arsey about exercise too. I lost a couple of pounds miraculously one week, and said in the meeting that I hadn't had time to follow the food plan, but had played football twice and done a gym session, and she shouted at me for about 10 mins.

On the flip side, i'm the only bloke there, and all the old dears treat me nicely, so i'll stick it out.

kittens

slimming world is for pansies i just only have one tin of soup a day and i get very thin d and health. try it some time

biggytitbo

Or have a really long wee. Wee weighs more than food, a gallon of piss weighs more than half a stone, so just have a big wee and nobody will be any the wiser.

Moonshine

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 18, 2019, 04:52:54 PM
Or have a really long wee. Wee weighs more than food, a gallon of piss weighs more than half a stone, so just have a big wee and nobody will be any the wiser wider.

hummingofevil

I do weekly weigh-ins to maintain my weight loss (16kg lost and under 100kg every Friday morning - 2 months and counting).

Exercise is great for loads of reasons so do as much as you can enjoy. I've learned to love big walks (pretty much everyday), 5k runs and swimming. Id love to know some people for game of football or even table tennis or something. Oh well...

The piss thing biggy mentions is not a joke. Think about how much a litre of water weighs. Point is don't worry about weight up and down just weight yourself same time once a week and see what happens over 3 months. If you like me you'll do mini weigh ins anyway. Weighing myself on Friday morning delays my junk food and booze on Thursday and I can have treats at weekend knowing if I pig out a bit I've got 4 days to work it off again.

Id also recommend not eating shitty replacement foods and just cook nice food. Have a positive targets for eating:

- Eat 8 portions of fruit and veg a day.
- Drink 3 litres of water / herbal tea.

That way you feel good when you do it and you don't have the issue of BEING A FAILURE if you have a pint or a burger or whatever. It's much more mentally healthy way of doing things. The only way you can have a "bad day" is if you don't eat that extra banana or whatever. You will find yourself naturally replacing shit food with healthier food.

biggytitbo

You lose more weight after a piss than a poo.

That was actually weight watchers slogan for a while in the early 90s.

Konki

I can't be the only person who weighs themself pre and post poo.

Jockice

That's the one where they have 'sins' isn't it? Apparently murdering people makes you fat.

DrGreggles

I did the Slimfast plan a couple of years ago.
Lost 2 and a half stone in about 4 months.
Made me fucking miserable though.

shiftwork2

Half of my work colleagues are on this and the results have been impressive.  It's 'syns' as those extra foods provide a 'synergy'.  There you go!  Fuck knows how it works as you can eat unlimited chips.

I tried an exante shake last year.  My condolences to those who are going to try and just eat that for months.  I'm sure it works but it wouldn't be worth it.

Shit Good Nose

Slimming World is the only diet of that kind (Weight Watchers, Slimfast, etc) that ever worked for me.  The only problem is that you kind of need to stay on it forever - the minute you go off it, the weight piles back on, and fast, even if you just eat sensibly.  And it's quite work to keep on top of it because it's similar to calorie counting, but more complicated again.

I'm now a firm believer that a balanced diet with exercise is really the only thing that works AND is sustainable.

Twed

That's good advice except that "balanced" can mean absolutely anything anybody chooses. It's a bad word and should go away. Balanced according to what? Decades of misleading research tainted by money from lobbyists of various industries? Popular fads? Buzzfeed? Is it the food pyramid, the food plate, the dodecahedron of radishes and sild?

I think it's fundamentally broken by premise to think that there is an absolute answer that can be followed that applies to all people. Instead, people should pay attention to their health markers, correlate it with what they've been eating and adjust their diet accordingly.

chocolate teapot

Yeah I've been on slimming world. I went to group meetings every week, I found the syn system handy and I lost weight following the plan carefully. I liked to syn and speed rather than eat free foods. One time I gained 7 pounds in one week and the person taking my weight laughed, it was totm weight, not my fault! Maybe my food choices slightly effected it but come on, the leader said she'd like to see one week's worth of food diary then I was like fuck this I'm outta here.

Went back to Slimming World a year later and followed the same rules, it's handy to weigh every week but group can be uninspiring and didn't like it so left again.

Slimming World can be fucking great, I saw a lot of people lose weight and have kept it off. Would you be at group or online?

Red Lantern

I've lost 7 kg since May (mostly off my gut) just by stopping eating bread with meals and cutting right down on beer (to about 2 beers a week). Just eat sensibly and exercise regularly, you don't need someone else to tell you what to do.

ZoyzaSorris

Golden E. Pump

Lost 10 pounds in two weeks. I haven't changed what I eat, just portion sizes. I now fast on Wednesdays and it helps manage my hunger levels so my body only craves food when it needs to. I've not been out drinking and have been to the gym 6 times a week, mind. But I do feel fantastic. It's my birthday next weekend and the blow out should have very little effect on me so I can relax.

finnquark

Mum lost 2 stone in 6 months on the Slimming World and it's changed her life immeasurably. I find the whole Syns system amusingly byzantine, but it works for her.

thenoise

I log meals on MyFitnessPal and my very occasional excercise session. THere is a nice community online bases around it and groups to join and challenges if you like that sort of thing. I'm mostly friends with women becaus I don't give a fuck about gaining muscles and six packs I just want to be less fat and feel better.

Gulftastic

Been doing it 6 months, I've lost 5 stone so far. The frozen meals at Iceland are good. The Aldi RIP offs aren't as good, nor do they have the range, but they are 33% cheaper. I eat lots of chicken.

Quote from: Konki on January 19, 2019, 08:42:45 AM

Poo is incredibly fattening, best stick to foods with lower carbs.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Konki on January 19, 2019, 08:42:45 AM

The only time I've ever done that is when I was withdrawing from opiates and laid the initial pan cracker that always happens about halfway through the second day. I lost half a stone.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Jockice on January 19, 2019, 02:36:37 PM
That's the one where they have 'sins' isn't it? Apparently murdering people makes you fat.

It does if you eat them afterwards like Jeffrey dahmer.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 20, 2019, 11:02:56 AM
Been doing it 6 months, I've lost 5 stone so far.

Just wanted to say, fucking hell well done.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Likewise. Unless your starting weight was 10 stone in which case seek a doctor/big bag of crisps.

madhair60

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 20, 2019, 11:02:56 AM
Been doing it 6 months, I've lost 5 stone so far. The frozen meals at Iceland are good. The Aldi RIP offs aren't as good, nor do they have the range, but they are 33% cheaper. I eat lots of chicken.

MORE DETAIL PLS.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He eats the fucking shit out of ready meals ALRIGHT