Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ever been singled out by a stand-up?

Started by Jockice, January 19, 2019, 12:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronzy

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on January 29, 2019, 03:25:33 PM
Of course, they got a good thirty minutes of material out of it.

Waste material, eh lads?

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 28, 2019, 05:55:07 PM
Has anyone ever been cajoled on stage at a Brian Gittins gig?

Yes, I wore a horrible mask and pretended to suck off another bloke to the tune of Black Lace's 'Gang Bang'. Not my finest moment.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Endicott on January 25, 2019, 11:10:33 AM
Nicol? Sounds like the sort of thing he'd do. I'd have laughed, sorry.

Yep. That's him. The cunt.

slempike

I was once singled out by a comic I no longer recall to come on stage and smack him round the back with a folded chair, a la wrestling. I was very excited to be getting to do this, however as I was getting up from my seat at the back of the room, a man between me and the stage thought he had been singled out, and was much than me at getting to the stage, much to my chagrin (and somewhat to the chagrin of the comic, as this man looked significantly stronger than I do). I suspect that was my only change to ever get to hit someone with a chair, and it was stolen from me.

jimboslice

I had to do the bloody Full Monty stripping bit for the boy with tape on his face, which was a little bit horrible. It's tricky to put that bloody boiler suit on over your trainers, and he makes sure you do it properly too. I've also had James Acaster question my enthusiasm about Thor Ragnarock.

My brother always gets called out though, and he always freezes up. A few of us went to a weekly gig once where one of the group had just taught a sex-ed lesson where the students had to write down various ridiculous names for genitalia. One of the comedians picked on my brother and his girlfriend and asked them if they had any good names for each others parts, and they both were too flustered and embarassed to say anything, despite being armed to the teeth.

He's also been called out by James Acaster (Asked to fill in what's happened so far to the latcomers next to him), had Rob Auton chat at him for a prolonged period of awkwardness.

Adam Hills also read one of my tweets out and tried to get me to stand up, but it was a joke about disability so I just kept my mouth shut.