Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

God's Of Rap Tour - Wu Tang, Public Enemy, De La Soul & DJ Premier

Started by Malcy, January 20, 2019, 07:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Superb lineup. Defo going but can't find out how much the tickets are. The Hydro in Glasgow is a shite venue. If I'm going it needs to be standing and right up the front.

kngen

phantom_power

Tickets on sale of Friday. I am definitely going if the tickets aren't ridiculously priced

DrGreggles

It was nice of God to share this "Of Rap Tour", which he owns.

alan nagsworth

How has the rocket blast of the flying boombox managed to burn directly through the word "rap", yet the boombox itself has not? Was the boombox just floating about along the right hand side of the word "rap" when it suddenly activated its rockets and began its journey off into space, so the rocket fire burned right through? You're already pushing your luck expecting me to believe that there's some massive stone words arsing about in space, but this flying rocket gear is taking the piss frankly.

Also, why is the boombox blasting off in a completely different direction to the microphones? If that's an accurate portrayal of how the equipment is going to be set up for the gig then it's not looking very promising. First night, Wembley Stadium: aye sorry about this lads, we were transporting all the gear over and we've got the microphones but somehow the entire sound system was sent on a completely different route. Where is it now? Botswana.

Malcy

Quote from: kngen on January 20, 2019, 08:17:25 PM
Shame it's not at the Barrowlands. Chuck D is still going on about those gigs there - https://twitter.com/mrchuckd/status/1018332298637447168?lang=en

He said it was his favourite place in the world to play in an old interview. I would have preferred anywhere but the Hydro.

Funcrusher

Whilst it is a pretty stellar line up, this is basically going to be some old blokes shouting inside various tin sheds so can't really justify the cost.

jobotic

Yeah, Wu-Tang is the only one I haven't seen before and who knows who'll they'll be? It'll cost a fortune too.

phantom_power

I've seen De La Soul and they were ace. Typing this now I have realised this was over 15 years ago now so I am off to lay down in a hole in the ground now and wait for the worms

Sebastian Cobb

De la Soul can definitely still put on a show.

Last time I saw Flav was probably about 5 years ago at bestival and he was too busy trying to hawk his new biography to do any actual rap singing. People were getting fed up and leaving.

Crabwalk

Do you reckon they'll get Dave Pearce onstage to introduce Public Enemy?

lebowskibukowski

Quote from: Crabwalk on January 21, 2019, 03:02:41 PM
Do you reckon they'll get Dave Pearce onstage to introduce Public Enemy?

Is that Dave Pearce on Nation Of Millions? Consider my musical hat fucked...

Crabwalk

NoSleep

Quote from: alan nagsworth on January 20, 2019, 10:30:26 PM
How has the rocket blast of the flying boombox managed to burn directly through the word "rap", yet the boombox itself has not? Was the boombox just floating about along the right hand side of the word "rap" when it suddenly activated its rockets and began its journey off into space, so the rocket fire burned right through? You're already pushing your luck expecting me to believe that there's some massive stone words arsing about in space, but this flying rocket gear is taking the piss frankly.

Boombox is standing still, blasting its beams through solid rock.

Goldentony

guarantee Wu Tang is U God, RZA, Cappadonna and Killah Priest

Malcy

Got my ticket. £79 with booking fee for standing at Hydro in Glasgow. I was shitting it about what the cost would be when I saw that talentless prick Drake was charging a whopping £140. Couldn't pay me to go that shit!

phantom_power

Quote from: Malcy on January 23, 2019, 01:39:34 PM
Got my ticket. £79 with booking fee for standing at Hydro in Glasgow. I was shitting it about what the cost would be when I saw that talentless prick Drake was charging a whopping £140. Couldn't pay me to go that shit!

I thought they didn't go on sale until Friday?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on January 23, 2019, 08:45:06 PM

Yeah what the fuck?

Malcy probably knows already but it seems the presales for Spiritualized go on sale the same day.

Malcy

Quote from: phantom_power on January 23, 2019, 08:45:06 PM

Pre-sale tickets released today but only available if you are an SSE customer for leccy or gas or whatever.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 23, 2019, 08:48:12 PM
Yeah what the fuck?

Malcy probably knows already but it seems the presales for Spiritualized go on sale the same day.

Spiritualized?

Malcy

Malcy

Malcy

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 20, 2019, 09:58:51 PM
It was nice of God to share this "Of Rap Tour", which he owns.

3 times it autocorrected. 3 times I fixed it. It won in the end and I couldn't change it.

NoSleep

phantom_power

Tried to get tickets at 10.15. Sold out. Fuck priority tickets and fuck touts

Malcy

Quote from: phantom_power on January 25, 2019, 11:03:13 AM
Tried to get tickets at 10.15. Sold out. Fuck priority tickets and fuck touts

I looked just before 11 to see if it had sold out and it was offering me 2 standing tickets.

Sebastian Cobb

They probably mean the london one. Still tickets for seating and standing in glasgow as far as I can tell.

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 25, 2019, 12:28:58 PM
They probably mean the london one. Still tickets for seating and standing in glasgow as far as I can tell.

Ah of course yeah. I'm buzzing for it. May seems ages away. London more expensive for a ticket as well.