Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:10:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT GOES BACK AND FIFTH

Started by Replies From View, January 21, 2019, 10:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where you at?

May's agreement
4 (4.6%)
No deal
12 (13.8%)
General election
9 (10.3%)
Cancel A50
44 (50.6%)
Vandalising my cock and balls
7 (8%)
Syndicating every boat I row
1 (1.1%)
Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up:  yum.
7 (8%)
Wearing a test tube over my knob and wanking the test tube with a tea cloth
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 87

phantom_power

"May expected to promise 'she will consider how we might meet our obligations to the people of Northern Ireland and Ireland in a way that can command the greatest possible support in the House, and then take these conclusions of these discussions back to the EU'"

Why the fuck are they waiting until now to do this?

biggytitbo

Is she talking now as if her deal has passed? Has she gone mad?

Paul Calf

"As the negotiations progress..."

THE EU HAS SAID THAT THE NEGOTIATIONS ARE OVER. 10 WEEKS, TERRI. PULL YOUR FUCKING FINGER OUT OF YOUR ARSE.

Paul Calf

How could you sit in the HoP now without shrieking "YOU MENDACIOUS FUCKING LIAR. HOW CAN YOU STAND THERE AND PUMP OUT THIS SHIT?"

Buelligan

Or just rugby-tackling her to the ground and stilling her with the Mace.   Most sane people would.

biggytitbo

Exactly the same thing she said the last half dozen times then.

Paul Calf

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 21, 2019, 12:47:55 PM
Who needs a sentence when a picture will do:

The older one gets, the more dirty one becomes.

madhair60

biggytitbo

May's fibbing when she says there are only 2 ways to ensure no deal - a deal or revoking article 50. Delaying article 50, and amending the withdrawal act is an option too isnt it?

jobotic

QuoteHe says Labour will set out plans for a customs union with the EU, a strong single market deal, and no race to the bottom on workers' rights.

Labour will also back amendments ruling out a no-deal Brexit. And it will consider the case for a people's vote, he says.

Cool.

SteveDave

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 21, 2019, 11:46:28 AM
Haven't read the previous four threads so could someone sum up the issues in a sentence, alright nice one cheers

Everything is fucked.

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 21, 2019, 03:57:02 PM
May's fibbing when she says there are only 2 ways to ensure no deal - a deal or revoking article 50. Delaying article 50, and amending the withdrawal act is an option too isnt it?

It is, but I'm not sure whether that'd be possible. You'd need parliamentary and EU approval.

biggytitbo

That's the only way you get another referendum and probably election too.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on January 21, 2019, 03:59:38 PM
It is, but I'm not sure whether that'd be possible. You'd need parliamentary and EU approval.

Yes. The problem with extending is that it will take us into the new European parliament meaning that a large proportion of what's agreed thus far is null and void as we'll be on the hook for another round of funding, we'd have to elect new MEPs, agree to sequencing, be involved in policy decisions and votes, etc.

But the most important aspect is that the EU won't want to agree to extend if there's nothing new on the horizon. An article 50 extension isn't going to fix the deadlock in our parliament.

Paul Calf

By the way, this is Legend Terri's consolation prize:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_and_Progressive_Agreement_for_Trans-Pacific_Partnership

Quotea trade agreement between Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, and Vietnam

Alberon

She's on another fucking planet. She really is.

She is still, still, utterly committed to forcing her deal through anyway she can with nothing more than a few cosmetic changes at most.

The only sanity in all this is if her real plan is to allow Parliament to take over, negotiate a soft brexit which she is 'forced' to accept. She'll complain publicly, but the Tories won't split in two.

phantom_power

Quote from: Buelligan on January 21, 2019, 03:48:03 PM
Or just rugby-tackling her to the ground and stilling her with the Mace.   Most sane people would.

Is this the so-called kinder and gentler politics of Corbynistas? #FBPE #JC4P45 #IAAC

biggytitbo

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 21, 2019, 04:13:45 PM
Yes. The problem with extending is that it will take us into the new European parliament meaning that a large proportion of what's agreed thus far is null and void as we'll be on the hook for another round of funding, we'd have to elect new MEPs, agree to sequencing, be involved in policy decisions and votes, etc.

But the most important aspect is that the EU won't want to agree to extend if there's nothing new on the horizon. An article 50 extension isn't going to fix the deadlock in our parliament.

Theyd onpy delay for a referendum or GE, both of which she has ruled out. Maybe for a change of PM at a push?

Buelligan

Quote from: phantom_power on January 21, 2019, 04:36:04 PM
Is this the so-called kinder and gentler politics of Corbynistas? #FBPE #JC4P45 #IAAC

It is kinder, yes.

For the many, not the few.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 21, 2019, 04:39:02 PM
Theyd onpy delay for a referendum or GE, both of which she has ruled out. Maybe for a change of PM at a push?

They don't want to stain any of the replacement leaders with Brexit though.  Their only hope would be to put another obvious shittackle in, who may as well be a shop mannequin with BREXIT COCK bolted onto its arse.

Buelligan

I think we could still push her, it's awfully high up here.  Just put them in branded aprons or something.

TrenterPercenter

Yvette Cooper just skewered May on asking why she will not let parliament vote on her red lines?

Very good question, why are the red lines that she has chosen to keep the ERG from rutting off so non-negotiable?  A good appeal to moderate leavers that haven't swallow the immigration hogwash.

jobotic

What did she actually say? All I've read is this

Labour's Yvette Cooper challenges May to hold votes on her red lines, such as staying out of the customs union.

May says there will be a debate next week, and MPs will be able to table amendments.

Why aren't more of them saying - this is all about your shitty party.

Quote from: jobotic on January 21, 2019, 05:03:12 PM
What did she actually say? All I've read is this?

Why aren't more of them saying - this is all about your shitty party.

Some of them are still terrified of upsetting their racist constituents. Those red lines are there for a very good reason.

Zetetic

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 21, 2019, 03:57:02 PM
Quote from: Paul Calf on January 21, 2019, 03:59:38 PM

It doesn't ensure no deal - all it does it seek to ensure no deal at the end of March 2019, which is quite a contrast to ratifying the withdrawal agreement or withdrawing our A50 notification.

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 21, 2019, 04:39:02 PM
Theyd [only] delay for a referendum or GE, both of which she has ruled out. Maybe for a change of PM at a push?

Possibly if there was any sign of cross-party collaboration.

(You need UK parliamentary approval for any option, I feel I should note.)

Jittlebags

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 21, 2019, 05:07:03 PM
Some of them are still terrified of upsetting their racist constituents. Those red lines are there for a very good reason.

Ha, Post Brexit - the twats will be livid once they find Nigerians, Ethiopians and Bangladeshis doing work currently being done by Eastern Europeans.

BlodwynPig

Are there borders in Jersey? I remember watching Bergerac with all sorts if nefarious types sauntering on and off the ferry

DeadJefferson

Soubry started on the gin early today.