Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot

Started by samadriel, January 21, 2019, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samadriel

Oo, Sam Elliott, Ron Livingston.  On the other hand, that's some Snakes on a Plane-grade naming, and I'm very sensitive to cheesy names.  Never saw Cowboys vs Aliens or whatever it was called. What say you, CaB?

Trailer.

BlodwynPig

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It looks rather more po faced than the title implies.

BlodwynPig

It just looks like the sort of film male 15 year olds will go "woooooahhhh" at whilst fist pumping the air.

Shit Good Nose

One of my mates has seen it and says it's very much like Bubba Ho-tep, in that you expect it to be a rollicking and silly 90mins full of over the top wink-wink action, but then you watch it and realise that, for the most part, it's actually a quiet and fairly slow moving character drama.

Sam Elliot amazing in it though, apparently.

Mister Six

I wouldn't have given this a second look if it wasn't for Elliot, who I only associate with great (or at least good) projects like The Big Lebowski, Justified and A Star is Born. Although I suppose he was in that shit Hugh Grant/Sarah Jessica Parker romcom too. Am I unfairly in awe of his choices?

Shit Good Nose

I'm a big fan of Sam Elliot but...well, let's just say I think you ought to take a gander of his IMDB page...

Also, semi-regular CaB namecheck for Blue Jean Cop.  TICK!!

BlodwynPig

Turned down a cameo in Minotaur vs. Hobo (vs. Toad!)... hate the fuck.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 21, 2019, 11:28:52 PM
Turned down a cameo in Minotaur vs. Hobo (vs. Toad!)... hate the fuck.

Well, what did you expect when all you offered him was a fifteen minute drum solo?  He doesn't even play drums!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 22, 2019, 06:03:12 PM
Well, what did you expect when all you offered him was a fifteen minute drum solo?  He doesn't even play drums!

It was homage to the scene in Warriors, he's should be biting my hand off to recreate that monumental solo.

Malcy