Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

"A very male form of entitlement has taken over" says a man who believes it is impossible that he is ever wrong about anything

RicoMNKN

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 26, 2019, 12:58:55 PM
"A very male form of entitlement has taken over" says a man who believes it is impossible that he is ever wrong about anything

"even the very words they use to describe themselves are under threat" says a man who hounded Cariad Lloyd off Twitter for using a word he didn't like.

madhair60

Mister Six

Quote from: bigfatheart on April 24, 2019, 12:22:21 PM
Forgive me if I'm being dense and everyone else has already worked this out - or if it's all bollocks, for that matter - but could his constant linking of trans rights to men's rights activists be because he's doing some "ahhh, they're all still men no matter what they say aren't they, ahhh" thing? As in (in Glinner's mind) a man who transitions to become a woman is still a man, so if they're arguing for trans rights, they're actually arguing for men's rights, so they're a men's rights activist.

Because considering he's been a vocal proponent of feminism who's spent the entirety of the last decade getting involved in arguments about it online, genuinely believing that MRAs are pro-trans is absolutely fucking insane. He can't actually believe that, can he? He must be linking the two to 'prove a point', right?

What you've got to remember is that he's a mad idiot.

Ham Bap

Quote from: NoSleep on April 26, 2019, 11:56:55 AM
I reckon he was told, a long time ago, to never mention it again at home.

'Yes, I promise to never talk about it ever again at home'
*Graham spends 17 hours a day at home on Twitter writing about it*

NoSleep

Quote from: Ham Bap on April 27, 2019, 01:18:33 AM
'Yes, I promise to never talk about it ever again at home'
*Graham spends 17 hours a day at home on Twitter writing about it*

...glances up occasionally and smiles across the room at his wife. She may not understand but he's doing this all for her (and "her kind").

idunnosomename

Quote from: RicoMNKN on April 26, 2019, 01:23:40 PM
"even the very words they use to describe themselves are under threat" says a man who hounded Cariad Lloyd off Twitter for using a word he didn't like.
They've started self--censoring TERF as T**F now. It's like G-d ffs

he

Lineman is a nutter for suggesting that men cannot be women.

They can. That's a biological fact.

phantom_power

I am sure there will be nothing for Linehan to talk about today, on Lesbian Visibility Day

DrGreggles

Quote from: phantom_power on April 27, 2019, 04:53:25 PM
I am sure there will be nothing for Linehan to talk about today, on Lesbian Visibility Day

He'll probably just slag off the invisible ones.

DrGreggles

Quote from: typeforty on April 27, 2019, 06:24:39 PM
https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1122169973470892032

I think that's what's known as an own goal.

He actually complained that the woman who quoted his "faggots" tweet deliberately omitted the date he posted it*.
Not that it was taken out of context or anything, just that the date was left out.
"Well, it was a different time then..."

*it was from 2010

Puce Moment

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 27, 2019, 06:35:20 PM
He actually complained that the woman who quoted his "faggots" tweet deliberately omitted the date he posted it*.
Not that it was taken out of context or anything, just that the date was left out.

*it was from 2010

Am I misunderstanding this? Isn't he making a point about gamers being homophobic?

DrGreggles

sponk

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 27, 2019, 06:35:20 PM

*it was from 2010

First response.

QuoteLibby  🧜 🏳️‍🌈

@LibbyLights
Apr 27
More
Replying to @Glinner
LGBT people do not need you to speak for us, over us or about us.  Stay in your own cishet lane and shut up.

Tribal bigotry from all sides. Grim.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 28, 2019, 04:33:11 PM
Am I misunderstanding this? Isn't he making a point about gamers being homophobic?

He was making that point.  I don't really see how he's being an arsehole in this particular case.

sponk

Quote from: St_Eddie on April 28, 2019, 05:33:05 PM
He was making that point.  I don't really see how he's being an arsehole in this particular case.

At least it exposes who the honest actors are, and who wants to attack an easy target for the sake of it, right or wrong.

Ferris

I dunno there's a weird fixation on trying to depict situations as corrupted 'on all sides' as a way of bowing one's head and tutting without bothering to examine the power dynamics involved that make the 'all sides' rhetoric a profoundly lazy analysis

If people don't occupy the same level of influence, then their statements don't carry the same amount of weight

Some rando in Linehan's mentions with barely any likes or interactions = 'All Sides' have become corrupted by bigotry

Get a fucking grip

sponk

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 28, 2019, 06:32:19 PM
Some rando in Linehan's mentions with barely any likes or interactions = 'All Sides' have become corrupted by bigotry

Get a fucking grip

It's annoying that you've chosen such a disingenuous misunderstanding or my point. It was a single tweet which I think is one example of a wider issue. You see that kind of tribalistic us vs them bollocks all the time, from very popular, mainstream, supposedly progressive accounts online. I don't have to provide thousands of examples, but I could.

Twed

Sorry, but I think you are acting as part of the "complaining about tribalism" tribe, so I'm going to have to ask you to stop talking about your values.

sponk

Quote from: Twed on April 28, 2019, 07:20:39 PM
Sorry, but I think you are acting as part of the "complaining about tribalism" tribe, so I'm going to have to ask you to stop talking about your values.

I hope this was intentional.

Anyway, if you read her tweet she said "we (LGBT people) don't want you talking for or about us and blah blah". Who is she to speak for anyone but herself?

Twed

Hey, Punk!

I think people should just stop caring about things and be an enlightened beautiful soul like me.

sponk

Quote from: Twed on April 28, 2019, 07:43:59 PM
Yes it was a joke about you being boring.

So you weren't serious about finding me being boring? Thank god.

Quote from: sponk on April 28, 2019, 07:06:32 PM
It's annoying that you've chosen such a disingenuous misunderstanding or my point. It was a single tweet which I think is one example of a wider issue. You see that kind of tribalistic us vs them bollocks all the time, from very popular, mainstream, supposedly progressive accounts online. I don't have to provide thousands of examples, but I could.

okay so your gesturing vaguely at a supposedly homogenous mob does, in fact, indicate that I understood your point perfectly well. It's just witless both sidesism, devoid of any accounting of scale, power differential or context, just a way of flattening all issues out into a tedious metadiscussion