Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gne

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on April 30, 2019, 06:01:24 PM
HAHAHA THE FUCKING HERITAGE FOUNDATION! nice one

Just straight-up linking videos from conservative think tanks, that's the level we're at now

Way to diminish someone's entire life experience without even listening to a single word they have to say. I know nothing about The Heritage Foundation but agree with everything this person said. Where do you expect these opinions to be heard now? The "progressive" left are recruiting more "LITERAL NAZIS" than the conservatives.

Quote from: Gerald Fjord on April 30, 2019, 06:05:08 PM
Jesus wept. Got any thoughts on the breakdown of the black family, gne?

No idea what you're babbling on about. Just more unjustified attacks on my person.

Quote from: Thursday on April 30, 2019, 07:43:22 PM
He did a violence to a character that's voiced by a transphobic wrestler (and sandy hook truther) was the point.

Trans proponents are completely incapable of tackling the content of any criticism without resorting to character assassinations. It's pathetic, and very revealing.

Quote from: gne on April 30, 2019, 10:53:54 PM
I know nothing about The Heritage Foundation but agree with everything this person said. Where do you expect these opinions to be heard now? The "progressive" left are recruiting more "LITERAL NAZIS" than the conservatives.

one of the best parody accounts to emerge recently, i genuinely cannot stop laughing

Muttering to yourself in the corner while beet red and sobbing, it's a great look

samadriel

Ambient Sheep

Looks as if he needs to watch out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48142120

QuoteA judge has told a transgender lawyer and a Catholic journalist involved in an "out of control" Twitter row not to mention each other online.

Trans woman Stephanie Hayden has been granted an injunction against Caroline Farrow after a "barrage" of tweets.

At a High Court hearing in London, Mr Justice Bryan also asked Ms Hayden to not mention Mrs Farrow, and she agreed.

The judge said tweets sent by mother-of-five Mrs Farrow, whose husband is a priest, had "crossed the line".

An interim injunction bans Mrs Farrow from mentioning Ms Hayden, in particular from "misgendering" her, by referring to her as male when she is legally female.

(emphasis mine)

jamiefairlie

"mother-of-five Mrs Farrow, whose husband is a priest"

Shurely shome mishtake?

Seems not, her husband is "a former Anglican vicar who converted to Catholicism in 2010 and was ordained to the Catholic priesthood in March 2015." Not sure if the kids are his or not.

jsgibble

Just listened to his podcast about trolls with Tracey Ann Oberman. Fuck me, what self-indulgent garbage. Two rich privileged white people acting like people disagreeing with them is oppression.

Worse in Graham's case as he's not affected by the issue he tweets about, he's just a bigoted old man who's taken it upon himself to tweet about trans people 18 hours a day

Twed

So, so happy to learn that Oberman is associating with Linehan. She was on the cusp of being taken seriously for a while. All of these fuckers are routinely filing themselves into the same shitty box and it's useful.

phantom_power

Wasn't the first guest on that podcast Luciana Berger? Cunts of a feather

idunnosomename

This also repulsed me. Oh look my transwoman friend who is okay with me using the male pronoun.
https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1123362406019760129

God he's a cunt and I'd like to give him one in a forced gender reassignment

idunnosomename

Also worth recording that at the moment his twitter name is "Beloved Internet Personality" after being "Bring back X" or "X did nothing wrong"

I mean yes it's haha look at my ironic hubris but also it's not ironic at all is it

phantom_power

So the wife finally threatened divorce or the agent finally threatened dropping him?

Dusty Substance

Quote from: phantom_power on May 08, 2019, 09:34:29 PM
So the wife finally threatened divorce or the agent finally threatened dropping him?

A little from column A, a little from column B. He mentions his "work" in his post, but he doesn't appear to have written or directed anything for a couple of years so maybe a new job has come along but with the condition that he stops being a transphobic cunt on Twitter.

Twed

QuoteBut for the moment, as I say, I'm backing off. If you've remained quiet on this until now, I hope you'll consider taking my place.
The world is full of people just waiting to take up obsessive transphobia.

Takings bets on how long it will be before he's back. I think Tuesday.

Jumblegraws

I really hope all this plants the seeds for an episode of Black Mirror. I'd put money on Brooker being one of the former friends begging him to stop this shit.

Also from that article: "...Jared Holt, a commentator on the far right who I've long admired, compared me to Carl Benjamin", that's very badly written in terms of how it seems to describe Jared Holt.

phantom_power

He really doesn't seem to join the dots that not seeing trans women as women IS transphobic so any accusations of that are well founded. And conflating "women" with "women who agree with me" to make out that anyone against him is just being a big old sexist is a cunt's trick

Ferris

Quote from: Twed on May 08, 2019, 09:45:40 PM
The world is full of people just waiting to take up obsessive transphobia.

Takings bets on how long it will be before he's back. I think Tuesday.

What's that, 6 days? He won't last that. I'm going to say Monday, but I reckon he'll actually start it up again at the weekend.

Also, for a professional writer (who is trying to avoid being misquoted), this is an astonishingly poorly written sentence.

Quote...Jared Holt, a commentator who covers the Far Right, who I've long admired...

Quote from: Dusty Substance on May 08, 2019, 09:38:48 PM
A little from column A, a little from column B. He mentions his "work" in his post, but he doesn't appear to have written or directed anything for a couple of years so maybe a new job has come along but with the condition that he stops being a transphobic cunt on Twitter.

Maybe the Pope Ted thing and Arthur had a word?

canadagoose

St_Eddie

Rock-a-bye Linehan,
With your gender plea chops.
When the twitter wind blows,
You will be labeled a cock.

idunnosomename

Don't worry, a transwoman will tweet a picture of themselves and someone will banned for saying "you're not a woman" and Graham will SIMPLY NOT BE ABLE TO REST WHILE THIS INJUSTICE HAS OCCURRED and return to his throne as the King of All Women, Defender of the Lovely Ladies and Hammer of the Genderfluid Hippies

Dr Rock

Quote from: Dusty Substance on May 08, 2019, 09:30:57 PM
He's taking a break and "backing off": https://medium.com/@glinner/goodbye-to-all-this-bf13c22bf0d3

QuoteFor almost a year, my twitter feed has been devoted to highlighting the painful tensions that exist between women's rights and currently fashionable gender ideology

He was just highlighting painful tensions, give the guy a break.

(also hasn't it been more than almost a year?)

Cuellar

Saturday is my bet.

Quiet afternoon at home, twiddling his thumbs, heads over to r/gendercritical...