Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

The best thing about Glinner's piss-poor statement is that it calls for someone to take his place; yes, by all means, please replace him with another abject failure who succeeds only at raising enormous sums of money for trans charities

phantom_power

"currently fashionable gender ideology" is the bit that I like. He really does think that in years to come this will be seen as an aberration and he will be looked on as some sort of hero for right thinking people, oblivious to the sound of progress marching on without him

jsgibble

QuoteI must admit I also rather naively hoped a few more high profile people might join in and help make those like myself and the 'gender critical' women and trans people I support feel less isolated. That never happened

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: jsgibble on May 09, 2019, 12:27:35 PM

Yeah, that's the part where most normal people would reflect, and use a bit of self awareness, you know, "have I fucked up here?". But we're dealing with the Man Who Can Never Fuck Up.

bigfatheart

Quote from: phantom_power on May 09, 2019, 10:33:14 AM
"currently fashionable gender ideology" is the bit that I like. He really does think that in years to come this will be seen as an aberration and he will be looked on as some sort of hero for right thinking people, oblivious to the sound of progress marching on without him

And yet again, it's a classic right-wing argument he's using - Richard Littlejohn loves to use phrases like 'fashionably gay' to imply that it's all just a touch of trendy madness and that good old common sense will prevail. That's the side Glinner's on now, whether he realises or not.

He's basically become the bishop who gets the holy stone shoved up his arse, ranting about bearded lefties in the media being the real enemy.

jsgibble

Quote from: bigfatheart on May 09, 2019, 08:16:21 PM
And yet again, it's a classic right-wing argument he's using - Richard Littlejohn loves to use phrases like 'fashionably gay' to imply that it's all just a touch of trendy madness and that good old common sense will prevail. That's the side Glinner's on now, whether he realises or not.

Literally in fact. The other day he said that young girls don't identify as straight because they think being straight is boring

Between this and the Caster Semenya thing it's increasingly clear that terfs are a front for a whole range of archaic, bigoted views.

idunnosomename

Am i doomed

To be the man

Right about everything forever

I stand and fight. Get behind me ladies

zomgmouse

His tactic of citing one or two people (of certain communities etc) who agree with him and pretending there aren't loads and loads of others who don't is simply infuriating.

Ferris

Urinal Cake

Who is Claire Graham? Apart from they identify themselves as intersex.

Twed

Bronzy

The depressing thing is that Linehan probably hasn't written anything that funny since 2010, and that's being generous.

Ferris

Imagine it. He'd log onto twitter "just for a sec", you know. To have a look. Got to keep current. Stay up to date with all the goings on.

...oh, what's this? Must not have unfollowed all the gender critical people I follow. I thought I had. There's always one you forget isn't there! Let's see. Oh, a new thread. I shouldn't read it. Well, maybe I'll read the first one and a few of the replies. You know, to stay informed. I don't have to comment on it. No one will know. It's fine to read.

...ugh. I don't agree with that. I think it'd be better to defer to someone I agree with. Won't say anything though, I promised. Have to stay strong. It's a shame to let my opinion go to waste though - I could really have a passive aggressive jab there on this topic.

...well, I'll type it out, but I won't send it. That'll feel just as good. Hmm but will anyone see that? Perhaps I'll just AHHHH FUCK IT TIME TO POST - HAVE THIS YOU SHITTER! WEREN'T EXPECTING LINNER TO GIVE YOU A CHINNER RIGHT UP YOUR CHICKEN DINNER! YESSSS MANN!!! OWNED BY THE G-LIN ONCE AGAIN!!

...and then I imagine him high on his own righteous toots for a minute or so, before coming to and realizing what he's done.

Twed

That tweet must have been the last straw for somebody in his life.

Jockice

Quote from: Urinal Cake on May 10, 2019, 03:22:18 AM
Who is Claire Graham? Apart from they identify themselves as intersex.

Former singer of Altered Images.

Twed

Mobius

I don't know why I keep opening this thread as I have nothing to add other than "this man is the saddest most pathetic cunt ever"

Feel as if I just have to say that once every couple of days.

HOW did this man make Father Ted.

What does Arthur Matthews think of it all this?

phantom_power

Quote from: zomgmouse on May 10, 2019, 03:00:04 AM
His tactic of citing one or two people (of certain communities etc) who agree with him and pretending there aren't loads and loads of others who don't is simply infuriating.

It is one of those bulletproof defences that idiots use as a shield. "I suppose you know more about trans issues than an actual trans person do you?"

Puce Moment

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 10, 2019, 01:55:12 AM
HE DIDN'T EVEN LAST TWO DAYS
https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1126632800621342720

Fucking hell, when you lot said he wouldn't make it to Tuesday I thought it was exaggeration for comic effect. Whoever has the biggest stake in him stopping this madness must be headbutting their desk.

Barry Admin

He's also posted a clip of Dave Chappelle, doing a bit about Rachel Dolezal. Terfs do love to go on about Rachel Dolezal. Passive aggressive maniac.

idunnosomename

*glinner brings in transwoman on a lead crawling on all fours*

MAYBE YOU BEARDS SHOULD LISTEN TO AN ACTUAL TRANS PERSON. WHAT DO SAY DEAR FRIEND

"I dont identify as a full woman"

RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY!!!!!!!

Quote from: Mobius on May 10, 2019, 06:25:57 AM
I don't know why I keep opening this thread as I have nothing to add other than "this man is the saddest most pathetic cunt ever"

Feel as if I just have to say that once every couple of days.

HOW did this man make Father Ted.

What does Arthur Matthews think of it all this?

INT. LINTON TRAVEL TAVERN RECEPTION

ALAN: I like to say "God created Adam and Eve, he didn't create Adam and Steve.

*ARTHUR MATTHEWS SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY*

LINEHAN: *THRASHES AROUND WILDLY* Good for you, Alan! Good for you! Somebody finally had the guts to stand up and say it! They come over here, after our jobs and our women, fecking trannies!

JED: It's not the transsexuals, it's the gays he's after.

ALAN: I'm not after the gays! I'm not homophobic! I'm homosceptic!

LINEHAN: I don't care so long as I can have a go at the trannies! They invented gayness!

*ARTHUR MATTHEWS RUNS OFF THE SET SCREAMING*

Cuellar

Cuellar

P. S. I said he'd be back by Saturday, do I win? Was I closest?

Blue Jam

I can't find the post now, but did someone upthread say Charlie Brooker is (or perhaps was) a friend of Glinner's, and may have had words with him over this? Because I logged into Twitter today and was most surprised to see his friend and frequent collaborator Gia Milinovich has come over all TERFy and Glinneriffic. Sad to see from a so-called feminist (I went off her husband, Tim Hunt apologist Professor Brian Cox, years ago, so maybe not all that surprising). Oh well, time for another unfollow...

I've also been surprised to see a few alleged feminists who would previously have baulked at the "you're not a real woman until you've had a child" idea, but who are now using that very same argument to protest that transwomen aren't real women, because it now suits them to define a woman by her reproductive capabilities.

I think another Twitter clearout may be in order...