Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan [split topic]

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, January 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sponk

Quote from: Danger Man on July 09, 2019, 01:05:43 PM
Can't remember the name. A young Asian woman.

Not sure if you're joking but that's his wife. She's well rubbish.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Jockice on July 09, 2019, 12:16:59 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/wings-over-scotland-blogger-faces-17569744
He says he's going to appeal it. https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-screw/ His followers are more than happy to fund it, many of them acknowledging that he'll almost certainly lose. The narrative being spun in the comments is that the system is rigged, possibly with Campbell specifically in mind. The boring truth is that the judgement was founded on straightforward point of law, with a good century or so of sparse but clear caselaw backing it.

Someone in the comments suggested that Campbell bide his time until after Scotland achieves independence, and then demand an inquiry in the Sheriff and who he was communicating with during the case. Crackers. Imagine making a peevish Amiga dork your charismatic authority.

Flouncer

zomgmouse

idunnosomename

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 05, 2019, 08:33:25 PM
He's clearly on enforced twitter leave and trying to get messages through however he can. Look forward to another cunting week in the war on women soon

by the way he posted another one on saturday but didn't even come up with another adjective

https://glinner.co.uk/the-war-on-women-continues/

so yes he's still a raging bigot but he's just not allowed to use twitter

Jockice

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 11, 2019, 07:11:18 AM
by the way he posted another one on saturday but didn't even come up with another adjective

https://glinner.co.uk/the-war-on-women-continues/

so yes he's still a raging bigot but he's just not allowed to use twitter

I've never been to a Pride event in my life (just never saw the need) but this year at my local one I've offered to help out a voluntary work colleague who needs transport. I look forward to seeing the mass riots between chicks and chicks with dicks.

jobotic

I go every year. As a straight man I feel it is my duty to police who is allowed there and who isn't.

That story about the bloke in Chatham. What the fuck has that got to do with trans people? What a disgusting cunt.

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on July 11, 2019, 08:14:19 AM
I go every year. As a straight man I feel it is my duty to police who is allowed there and who isn't.

That story about the bloke in Chatham. What the fuck has that got to do with trans people? What a disgusting cunt.
"disturbed zealots"

phantom_power

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 11, 2019, 08:19:21 AM
"disturbed zealots"

Yeah that jumped out at me. Also the idea of people going to Pride to protest against other people seems to miss the point of Pride. Also "trouble-makers discouraged from going to Pride" is a less interesting headline than "lesbians banned from Pride"

alan nagsworth

Didn't you get the memo? Pride is so diverse and open that anyone can take part and be proud now. Hi yes I'm a fucking close-minded bellend and I'm proud to the point of insanity so I think I deserve to have a voice at this thing everyone else is doing. LISTEN TO ME

Jerzy Bondov

Know your rights! It is against the law to discriminate against anyone on the basis of:

• being married or in a civil partnership
  • being pregnant or on maternity leave
  • disability
  • race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
  • religion or belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation
  • stupid fucking bellend
  • racist cunt
  • comedy writers overcompensating for having written a very transphobic episode of a middling sitcom

mippy

You'd think he'd take a break to express sorrow over Brendan Grace, no?

Cold Meat Platter

Twed

DrGreggles

Quote from: mippy on July 11, 2019, 07:51:58 PM
You'd think he'd take a break to express sorrow over Brendan Grace, no?

Sadly no, I didn't think that.

bigfatheart

He doesn't like that episode, does he? On the Ted commentaries he goes on about how the character of Fintan Stack just doesn't work, and it's too menacing to be funny, etc.

Oh, for the days when that was his wrongest opinion.

Cuellar

I mean it's still neck and neck with his current madness I reckon.

Fintan Stack is an incredible character.

PlanktonSideburns

If stack wasn't menacing, what would his character be? Just a bit inconsiderate?

madhair60

idunnosomename

god he actually unprotected his account to tweet his first thing in two weeks for Brendan Grace. this will probably open the floodgates to a fortnight of transhate though

Alberon

Maybe he's keeping away from his ongoing crusade to protect women because the backers of his Pope Ted musical are getting nervous.

Or maybe it's just that he has something to do during the day now rather than just howling on Twitter.

Ferris

Quote from: Alberon on July 11, 2019, 11:15:52 PM
Maybe he's keeping away from his ongoing crusade to protect women because the backers of his Pope Ted musical are getting nervous.

It is absolutely this. I can't think of any other reason.

NoSleep

imitationleather

Quote from: NoSleep on July 12, 2019, 08:50:29 AM
I for one will be boycotting the musical.

Let's face it, I was hardly likely to go to a Father Ted musical anyway, but the chances of me ever willingly watching new Linehan output now are zero.

DrGreggles

Quote from: imitationleather on July 12, 2019, 10:12:52 AM
Let's face it, I was hardly likely to go to a Father Ted musical anyway, but the chances of me ever willingly watching new Linehan output now are zero.

'Contains 15 new Neil Hannon songs' might make me go, but I'd be more likely to just buy the soundtrack if that were the case.

phantom_power

Potential song titles?

Man, I Feel Like a Woman (but I am not as I wasn't born one)
TERF's Up